Why do I see Purple+ addons in high ranked matches?
I see almost every killer with at least one purple addon and a red one.
2 survivors with a purple medkit with yellow or green addons.
Do you really need to put your chances at winning higher by using boosted items?
Comments
Because the game allows them to. It's part of the game mechanic.
Sadly, I do agree that some addons do make particular games boring.
Survivors literally determine the course of the match. They are so powerful in this game that if a team makes zero mistakes, with a single survivor distracting the Killer, there is an extremely low chance that any of the team will be killed, and most of the participants can actually depip or black pip as a result - including the Survivors themselves. Killers practically exist to punish Survivors for making mistakes, and if they don’t make mistakes, the Killer loses.
Is it so bad that a Killer gives themselves even the slightest power boosts? Besides, some of these purple add ons actually give the Killers something that they should have baseline - like a reduced cooldown (Legion cold dirt) or increased carrying capacity (Trapper stitched bag). Even if they don’t, the little bit of help that they give to Killers is still help that they need.
Wait, when did this turn into a Killer vs Survivor thing?
I was criticising both parties if you haven't noticed.
Purple toolboxes and medkits are super powerful for survivors and same goes for killers.
Anything over green just ruins the fun of the game and don't get me started over red addons and items.
Oh I’m sorry about that. I didn’t recognise that you were talking about Survivors as well.
I suppose the same thing I said before applies to Survivors as well - Survivors increase their already monumental chances of survival and victory by using strong items with stronger add-ons.
for killer, purple and above addons usually change the killer's power and can add more variety to a game. as survivor, maybe they have a challenge to escape with a rare item? idk
I mean, come on. At least read the entire post before commenting then aye?
But it's an endgame mechanic thing.
BP gets abundant and people need to spend it SOMEWHERE.
And they probably made most of their characters prestige 3.
It's a stupid mechanic if you ask me. It literally forces one side to play miserably while the other side has a blast.
There should be more limitations for addons.
Please don’t shame people for wanting to perform at their best by using things that increase their odds.
As long as it’s within the game rules, and not an exploit, it’s all fair game.
Personally I usually only use brown, yellow, or none (except Doc’s Calm Carter’s Note’s + Class 2 stack). But if others want to use a characters strongest items/add ons, that’s fine.
Exactly, and the worst part is that it ruins the experience for the opposite side.
No, that's not wanting to perform their best.
That's called being "boosted". Trying your best would be done when you're on the same leveling field as everyone else.
If you get ahead in the game thanks to some item you bought, that doesn't count as trying to perfrom their best.
Just like real life.
Eh... You do have point that buying OP items means you want things easier in life so yeah, there's that.
But unless BHVR is willing to change anything, we're all stuck with what's left.
But I hope you realize that not all purple and up addons are OP.
Trickster literally can't win any games without his purple addon.
Just wanted to let you know.
Yeah I see this a lot. Survivors with purple medkits, instaheals and BNPs. Killers with purple addons. It's all very common. Aren't most high tier killer add ons junk these days though? at least for the new killers. There's no iri heads, pinky fingers, 5 blinks, or any of that anymore. In a way I feel it's a bit unfair modern killer add ons are often junk at very rare and ultra rare when survivors can stack all their best items.
Give me a real life example of something that isn’t considered cheating/illegal in a real life scenario, but frowned upon as an unfair advantage in real life.
I think the problem is that these red addons get pretty stacked up once you reach a certain point in the game where BP isn't a problem anymore.
And because of this, I think playing on higher ranks just ruins my experience as time goes by. I might as well just rank down.
Ummmm, private education is one thing.
I mean, America alone has gun problems that has loopholes which permits individual gun sellers to legally sell their merchendise without background checks.
I could find more, but these two are the biggest examples I can think up right now.
The Trickster was a failure of a killer so I wouldn't stoop that low.
Ah yes, Iridescent Brick ruins the game.
You can’t generalize with every item and add-on over a certain rarity, not in DBD. So many things are hit or miss, especially items, add-ons, and offerings.
Okay, hear me out.
You do have a great point and I wholeheartedly agree that some addons need to be looked at.
But you have to realize that certain killers can't function at all without them. Now does that mean addons are okay? No, but at least it means not every single purple+ addons are OP.
Ok, fair enough.
And unfortunate things.
But add ons in DBD are not loop holes. They weren’t designed, and added, accidentally. They provide distinct advantages, but never at the expense of the opposition never standing any chance whatsoever.
I never said they were loopholes. I said gun laws in America HAD loopholes.
Strong/OP addons are pay2win. Simple as that.
Too poor of BP? You suffer.
Got loads of BP and want easier matches? Here, buy yourself boosted items!
Pathetic game design if you ask me.
BP is not exactly a rare commodity though.
To be fair, I think addons (especially the super powerful ones) turned into loopholes.
They were supposed to be ULTRA RARE, but without a expiration date or a timer, people started to stack up on them and since the game is 5+ years old, the "ultra rare" part is more of a joke now...
Yeah, just like real life money.
But if you have things to invest in, such as character progressions, BP doesn't become so common does it?
Funny thing is, not every match you go up against is the same killer.
So that means if I had 10 matches, only 10 people lost TWO addon tops.
hahahahahaha
I mean, sure for killers.
But survivors lose 3 (Item + two addons) so it's more detrimental for them.
So should I just save them?? What would be the point in not using them? Whether I am killer or survivor why wouldn't I use the best items to help me with my objectives? Nothing is gained by saving them and their purpose - like all items/addons... is to help you in your match.