Doing a state of damage with Trickster's knives no longer provides a speed boost...
By that, I mean the damage the state speed boost.
I think this would be an interesting way to buff him...
1). Justifies his 110% speed
2). Sets him apart from Huntress and Deathslinger and justifies multiple hit requirement
3). Has ZERO impact/advantage when survivors are at their weakest (injured)
Comments
I was about to say he might be too strong with that, but then I remembered Hillbilly exists
Yeah - It's still weaker than any of the One Shots we have now - Like way weaker....and 110%.
Assuming you mean the potential to ride someone like a saw user.
Yeah. Can't possibly make him any worse than he is lol. I think they should drop the knife count hit by 2 instead, and make it so laceration never regresses.
If they don't stop laceration altogether or do something unique, that makes sense.
I'd really rather they take the time to do something new or slightly interesting now - This is a real opportunity for them to rebound from a universally panned design failure with something unique that shows they know the balance between viable and fun.
Ironically, after being a flop, if you think about it...this Chapter could be a...
@_@
SMASH HIT
@_@
So it’s like Plague? But her sickness meter doesn’t decrease and shes 115
If you ride them in a wide open spot, sure.
Unlike Plague, though, he'd still have his ranged attack in most other gameplay scenarios.
It would also create more opportunities for downs/mindgames as injuring someone with them at a pallet/window loop will no longer provide a free escape out of knife range - It seems like it would be a pretty fun change in my eyes.
Like plague, but 110 movement speed, has a regressing status effect instead of a progressing one, doesn't counter iron will and leads to a secondary power that's next to useless. Trickster in a nutshell lmao.
There has to be some way to make him better T_T
It's so bizarre that every aspect of his power is basically self countering - His 'ultimate' may as well not exist.
What would you try to buff him? And, honestly, do you think they will adequately buff him?
It's gonna be really boring af. Survivors are just not gonna heal. And he struggles with downing and around most of the loops. His power needs a complete rework and do something else entirely. For example bamboozling survivors, as his name suggests.
Yeah.
He's pretty hard to perform well with.
I think his best possible buff, would be to have the laceration never decay. so he can 99% people, kinda like ghostface.
but instead of 99 it's 87.5 ... because it's 8 knives and each knife is 12.5%...
clown rules on his tosses would be nice aswell... you only slowdown when you start throwing the knives.
and the most healthy thing ever... remove his lateral recoil... it makes him so ######### on console...
I am all for buffing him, but I would argue that's not the way. It wouldn't even make him strong enough in my opinion and it could end up being quite annoying for survivors.
The first thing they need to look at is Main Event. It's supposed to be some kind of ultimate for him, yet it reduces his movement speed to that of a survivor it seems, which is utterly ridiculous. I played a few matches with him and it actually harmed me more than it helped.
Beyond that, his base kit probably also needs some buffs.
I think that trick blades should be base kit. It would make him a little bit more viable and give him more personality as a projectile killer.
That's what I would do. Or hell I'd even completely rework his normal firing mode too:
Trickster now fires a burst of 3 or 4 knives with a small cooldown in-between each burst (think Genji from Overwatch). Main Event is still the rapid-fire mode. Would give him a little bit of a skill cap with his main power while keeping Main Event as the spammy snowball portion of his power
As for the 2nd question, I really don't know if they will give him the correct buffs but I can hope. BHVR usually tries to make a really convoluted and unnecessary buff for a character and then to compensate they'll nerf something else about the character because they think the killer will be too strong. Hope this isn't the case with Trickster, I genuinely want this guy to be good he has a TON of potential and I'll absolutely main him if he got the right buffs.
OKAY, HERE.
I.
GO.
All of this would give him more power, but offer some counterplay. He would gain the benefit of his ricochet shots, but the lower damage on them would still reward direct hits more. This allows him to maintain some pressure while, at the same time, allowing Survivors to take a lesser hit in order to get away. His speed is not enhanced in order to give room for his ranged power to be stronger, and would make using LoS and dodging him viable counterplay. With him downing Survivors a bit faster, and being capable of making jungle gyms more hazardous, getting injured still provides a speed boost benefit to Survivors to get out and try to reset.
Obviously, some of this is a bit strong, and I don't expect ANY of it to be used, but this list could withstand a bit of pruning and still improve Trickster dramatically.