"DS NERF RESULTS"

Yall need a new perk to crutch on, git good, all these people complaining is honestly just proof of how bad it was abused.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @Shroompy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2068249#Comment_2068249

    Old NoeD and old Machine Gun was up there

    Ruin + Undying was also a VERY strong combo, there's no denying that.

    I wasn't around for old noed or machine gun builds. I started just after that. I do remember old MoM -.-

  • noed yes, BBQ no, ruin no... only NOED is the only thing close to DS. But then what killer perk is like hey you cant get me because im protected by this perk.. so you need to slug me or leave me alone. Let me hop in this locker so you have to waste your time waiting or leave me alone.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2069877#Comment_2069877

    I wasn't around for old noed or machine gun builds. I started just after that. I do remember old MoM -.-

    Don't remind me of old MoM...

  • MOM - Make Our Money (before nerfing hard)

  • @burt0r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2069145#Comment_2069145

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2069193#Comment_2069193

    And that is exactly a reason ds had to be nerfed. It created situations of really unsafe unhook attempts under the same conditions like pre nerf bt. A freshly unhooked survivor with running ds timer equipped with bt ran straight to another hooked survivor leading the killer right along. After the unhook one survivor is unhook able because of ds and the other is protected by bt and has probably ds themselves. What is the killer supposed to do here? The bt survivor will probably Bodyblock for the speed boost from the hit and both survivor have still ds running and can't be hooked.

    A stupid play by the survivor made valid by perks. The only thing the killer can do in this situation is either eat one ds (or both, in case of bodyblocking again) or slug the survivor with is pseudoprogress for the killer (easily undone by healing or unbreakable) since the permanent progress in from of a hookstate is impossible to achieve.

    And in terms of survivor definition both targets would get tunneled by the killer while they are an unsafe unhook (a bad move) but are protected by their perks to punish the play of the killer while the killer is unable to punish the bad play from the survivor.

    Is the killer in this scenario supposed to let both survivor simply go free and relinquish all the pressure they worked for? How is that fair?

    In my scenario, nobody provoked the Nurse to camp. She just did. I was running to the hook and she was still sitting around it about a quarter of the way through this person's hook state.

    What am I supposed to do there? Let the survivor go into struggle because there is literally nothing you personally can do to help the other person from going into struggle?

    It didn't make stupid decisions. You HAVE to make these decisions sometimes and have ability to stop it from happening unless you leave the person as death fodder.

    This is why DS is so hard to make adjustments to, because tunneling can happen in many ways than just immediately off the hook. Just because someone TOUCHES something for a while half a second does not mean they're not being tunneled.

    DS itself is just a very flawed perk by design because there is no way to balance it where it can prevent tunneling of many forms. Now it only protects against straight hard tunnel off hook instead of helping against any other form of tunneling.

    I'm not saying DS didn't need to be nerfed, but it is hard to balance it for more overall purposes or too little.

  • @aknitus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2068264#Comment_2068264

    Psychological effect? Maybe so on lower ranks, but in the higher ranks killers can slug those who have ds and then chase another, creating more pressure on survs. As a part-time killer myself, this approach works. Dunno why DS needed a nerf, it was balanced as it is.

    People abused the 1min as a do anything were untouchable perk and abused the hell out of it

  • @SasukeKun said:

    Yall need a new perk to crutch on, git good, all these people complaining is honestly just proof of how bad it was abused.

    I never ran it. Now people dropped it and killers are tunneling their pants off cause they know it got dropped by a lot of Survivors. I am not enjoying the increase of camping and tunneling. But, I also like that it got nerfed cause of the abuse.


    I really wish more of you could see past your bias blinders.

  • NoEd has a really easy counter, literally bust every totem, ruin you can break the totem, BBQ’s aura reading is more of a hint giver on the survivors location, and is countered by lockers and is also easily countered


    DS however was literally the jack of all trades built into a perk, you had pressure that was built simply because someone was the obsession, the survivors could literally sit on a generator and be unkillable (can’t slug as DS is always used with Unbreakable) and in the endgame, DS at an exit gate meant your kill was quite literally robbed

  • DS nerf was needed, but I kinda wish they would at least change the totem bit of it. I've had too many games vs stealth killers where I'll go to cleanse some dull bones and just get beaned before I even finish them because I couldn't see them coming. Imho it should just go once you actually finish busting the bone, or like halfway through it.

    Also still wishing for an obsession every game...

  • @VexTheHex said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/239047/ds-nerf-results

    I never ran it. Now people dropped it and killers are tunneling their pants off cause they know it got dropped by a lot of Survivors. I am not enjoying the increase of camping and tunneling. But, I also like that it got nerfed cause of the abuse.

    I really wish more of you could see past your bias blinders.

    Exactly this. I started playing DBD very recently (late January) and have enjoyed the game immensely. I only ever ran DS for a short amount of time and never tried to abuse it (in measures of taking unsafe hooks in front of killers or any other describable "toxic" behaviors) or was BM. Since this patch has been released, I have been tunneled off of hook more times than I can count. Still doing the same things as I was before - getting unhooked, trying to just get out of the ######### vicinity of the killer, and find a safe space to recover. I haven't been able to make it passed the part where I'm unhooked because I'm downed again in less than 10 seconds (can't get distance, palettes used by other teammates) and immediately rehooked and just proximity camped until I'm dead on hook.


    I get that it's a "valid" strategy for the killer, but it's an incredibly unfun one and makes me not want to continue to play this game. Just tonight alone I played DBD queues for about 3 hours, and in only one game was I not tunneled off of hook. That one game? My friend decided to run a bodyguard build to essentially protect me because of how ridiculous it got.


    This includes kiting a killer for about 2 minutes, getting downed, getting unhooked with borrowed time, being able to loop them again for another 30ish seconds with *three people being off of gens and attempting to take protection hits for me* and being rehooked again. Someone went down intentionally on me so the killer would be forced to pick them up over me. This wasn't a SWF full stack - I was playing with one friend.


    It's absolutely ######### ridiculous and just so incredibly tilting. It's not like I'm playing bad, but being unable to play because the killers I'm being pitted against can't see passed me is not fun.


    I can't play against less toxic killers unless I continue this system and de-pip my way all the way into brown ranks at this point because it's a behavior that carries on from green to purple to red ranks. Even then, brown rank killers then get NOED after applying 0 pressure the entire game. This just sucks.

  • This was basically a trash update of the perk. We wanted the perk to be reworked and make sense, not make it as useless as No Mither.

  • @aknitus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2068264#Comment_2068264

    Psychological effect? Maybe so on lower ranks, but in the higher ranks killers can slug those who have ds and then chase another, creating more pressure on survs. As a part-time killer myself, this approach works. Dunno why DS needed a nerf, it was balanced as it is.

    I guess working on a gen, in the killer face, is balanced?

  • @Hektic3000 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2069077#Comment_2069077

    You can still punish that by bringing borrowed time, there is no reason the unhooked survivor should have 2 layers of protection(ds and borrowed time).

    ya well i feel borrowed time should work as it does except on the person who brings it. that would end unsafe unhooks cause if they unhook safe ok but if they unhook you in the killers face you get bt. that said it would not save someone your unhooking just yourself.

  • @aknitus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2068302#Comment_2068302

    You should not compare killer perks with DS. DS is more often used because of those killers who tunnel and camp. Ofcourse tunneling and camping are strategies used by killers at times (even I do it but rarely and when needed), but DS is the only thing that can protect a survivor from being gay-tunneled. Slugging helps both killer and downed survivors in different ways. But the DS nerf - this was not at all needed. Worst ever update. Hell, I can already see a lot of my surv friends leaving this game (other than those who have already left).

    And before you come to conclusions, they were no noobs. They were great survivors and killers at red ranks.

    what in the ######### is gay-tunneled??? eye,lip,eye

  • As a full Survivor Main I like this change. I mean DS was very abused. Slugging was the best but also a bullshit strat. for killers they missed one hook state. And when I got tunneled I have no time for healing, doing gens or unhooking someone. Dumb plays getting punished.

  • @Kanoe said:

    As a full Survivor Main I like this change. I mean DS was very abused. Slugging was the best but also a bullshit strat. for killers they missed one hook state. And when I got tunneled I have no time for healing, doing gens or unhooking someone. Dumb plays getting punished.

    yeah but you're also missing some of the bs factors survivors posses and can abuse still to this day

1 2 ›