Why are Freddy Killer's using Overcharge?
Serious question... I just don't get why one would use it. I encounter it a lot and I'm usually in the red ranks as survivor.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Extra gen regression
I'm not sure why a Freddy would use Overcharge, especially since Overcharged gens are easily identifiable, and guarantees a Skill Check asleep survivors can use to wake up.
It´s really just for extra gen regression. See it as a gen stopper build.
Using this strategy of freddy can essentially drag the game out for a very long time meaning survivors are either going to have to rely on healing skill checks or each other waking them up. The latter waste lot of time and the former if the Freddy is smart about who he hits this can be very easily negated
you can get dumb survivors to reset gens to zero
@Tsulan @Aari_Piggy66 @yeet That is a fair point. I would think Pop Goes The Weasel would be a better one for Freddy due to less risk, but I also think PGTW should have its timer extended.
I prefer to go Pinball myself:
Class Photo, and Paint Thinner
Using : BBQ, Ruin, M and A, and Save the best for last.
You literally pinball around thanks to your add ons putting everyone to sleep ASAP. It really throws teams off.
Also running Overcharge with Freddy can be smart. As you know they will instantly B-line towards a Gen. Usually looping you a bit, meaning there is few pallets around ANY Gen by about Midgame, leading to free hits just before they wake up, or right after you put them to sleep again.
Makes more sense now!
Its really fun.
You do not want to reduce the dream transition at all so you can see the Auras of everyone else falling asleep longer. Should you fail to make it to one, the paint thinner speed boost will help you close the gap as you should be fairly close to them.
Also once you get the Class Photos aura reading effect staggered on 1-2 survivors you WILL make it to the next one easy.
I've found alot of players will start panic juking as soon as they fall asleep giving you a chance to cause a little chaos while moving on. Pill Bottle also combos well with it as it hides your presence from them visually completely until they are fully asleep.
Dying Light can work decent too as a replacement for Save the Best for Last, as thanks to the aura reading you WILL be able to find and tunnel your obsession.
I love Freddys that run overcharge.
Its honestly the funniest thing. LOLS like why are you making it easy for us to get out of the dream state? I have a feeling that they are going to nerf that where it takes longer for us to get someone out of the dream state as well as the traps.....
If you think that's the case, that they would just do those things without any warning for killers, you must not have been around long
As others have said its for the gen regression. Its a risky build but once they remove the ability to wake yourself up with self-care I think this build will really grow legs.
If you decide to wake up by healing you have 75% speed reduction and regression that will make SC last almost a minute before the heal nerf not to mention that it will give your position away.
If you decide to wake up using Overcharge you regress the gen even further and if Freddy decides to come back to pull you back in you wasted more time which is good for him.