What's the problem?
Pre DS nerf it was exceptionally rare to get a game without an obsession to the point many killers just automatically assume it is in the game, even when it wasn't. It actually felt weird when the obsession sound didn't play at the start of the match.
Post nerf and now people have an issue using a perk slot for it and demand an auto obsession? There are now complaints that it is unhealthy to force it for a fun experience but were perfectly happy to use it while it was busted.
Just run DS like you always did and the problem is solved. It still does its job and stops killers tunnelling you off hook.
Edit now that i think about it more, If DS is so useless that it doesn't justify a perk slot then why is having an auto obsession for the threat of ds even up for discussion. If the perk is so bad then having an obsession or not won't make any difference correct?
Comments
After the changes I don't have a problem with assuming if someone has DS or not, since the moment I hear or see them heal, do a totem or do a generator I know now they are completely vulnerable. So I wouldn't mind there being an obsession every match as a killer, I would like it as a survivor so I'm not forced to bring a single perk if I want to actually play the game.
But you had zero issues using a perk slot for it previously to stop tunnelling so why has this changed? it still stops tunnelling.
You are talking about a side of the community that has a large percentage of bias entitled players. These people will never be happy. Like you said. If they want an obsession, they should keep using DS. DS is still a good perk to use for a second chance if you are truly getting tunneled. It just won't let you sit on a gen injured for 50 seconds with the chance of you going down at 5 seconds left and getting off the killers shoulder anymore. A lot of people don't like this fact. They preferred it not being a true anti-tunnel second chance perk. They loved being able to abuse it by saving with DS active, or by sitting on gens injured.
Why are you assuming that I'm okay with a single perk being the only thing between me dying at 4 gens and me actually playing the game. I was never fine with it, most people weren't, but that doesn't change the fact that we still had no other option than DS to prevent getting tunneled, and we still don't. A constant obsession would be better than how it is currently.
Nobody talked about it until now though. so what has changed? the perk still stops tunnelling.
There were requests for an obsession in every game before the DS nerf though..
You know a perk become far weak when the other side keep telling you to use the perk.
DS design was so bad that the true purpose (anti tunneling) is so weak but the exploit purpose (invisible Gen) is so strong.
The change is needed, but DS never been an anti tunnel perk. Thats why most survivors give up the perk.
New DS is still abusable for swf.
No, this makes it an offensive perk for swf and not an anti tunnel perk.
The save and heal part is there specifically to prevent swf abuse using the person as a shield to body block and do stupid saves in the killers face.
If it is that weak then there is no reason for an auto obsession every match correct?
I'm always so amused when people call new DS weak and not worth runnnig when there are perks like Visionary or Wake up which are actually weak.
It just shows how busted survivor perks need to be to be considered "good" by survivor mains. The perk is still one of the best perks in whole damm perk roster, it's just not abuseable anymore and far too many survivors can't get over losing it.
I guess there will be more DS in the future. It always happens that if something is nerfed, nobody runs it. The only time where no DS was used was when the stun was at 3 seconds (after they added the Unhook-requirement), because 3 seconds was meaningless.
Until then, I have to run Object to create an Obsession, because I am grinding the new Survivor and I dont have any other Obsession-Perk.
But I guess in one or two weeks, more people will play DS, because it is sadly needed.
No tiene sentido lo que estás preguntando; si no hay obsesión el asesino puede aprovecharse del fallo general en la dinámica del juego, si por el contrario hay obsesión no puede abusar tanto de uno de los mayores fallos del juego. Tal vez estás jugando a un juego que no es DBDL.
Tal como está ahora DS, que es de risa, lo supervivientes tendrán que usar tiempo prestado.