Am I the only one to like the map reworks?
I hear a billion complaints about the map reworks. But am I the only one fine with them? I don't find it a huge hassle to break the walls down. Like it takes 3 seconds and some help you. I still loop fine on the maps even with the "dead zones" everytime I hear a survivor say new maps hurt survivors I stare at Badham 1-5, Family Residence, Groaning Storehouse, Ironworks of Misery, Gas Heaven, Ormond, Crotus Prenn still, Gideon pallet plant. And laugh. And as killer I don't care I am a little bias I play Billy and Hag. But I actually like them they look cool and I don't mind the changes. Does anyone else? And I can't wait for Red Forest change.
Comments
I don't really mind them either, most of the time there's only 1 or 2 walls added anyway so breaking them is never a huge hassle.
Latest reworks are more lazy and don't fix map issues. Azarov's bus is still in the game UCHANGED for some reason. They could add breakable wall to it at least
Exactly minus a few these maps haven't changed for me.
i have my pros and cons with them.
pro:
cons:
overall though, i do like them.
unless i play Trapper, then i curse their existance.
I don't mind 'em, i don't mind the former versions.
They are alright, although I am not a fan of the autohaven and clown map rework.
I’d say it’s less people don’t like them and more we want NEW maps not old revamps
They aren't really reworks. Look at rainbow six theres a game that had map reworks. These are just updates and don't play very different though I do notice that a lot of the maps were given stronger window tiles.
I love the map reworks, they make the maps look nicer, cleaner, and more modern. What I don't like, however, is the way they balance the maps. For example, the Fun Bus of Autohaven and the god loop in Groaning Storehouse.
I really hope they rework Haddonfield well.
The maps I'm most excited for are Coldwind and Red Forest.
Oh ######### yeah I can't wait for those maps too, I wanna see how the new Coldwind and Red Forest will look like. Temple of Purgation rework is gonna be sweet.
I woulnd't be. All of the problematic windows will make a return but with breakable walls this time. Maybe some will even get the groaning storehouse treatment and they'll put the breakable wall too far from the window for it to even be useful.
Mmm rancid abbatoir window feels just like old times.
Also gameplay for me Red Forest is awful.
I won't mind though. But once more might be biased with who I play the most.
Oh speaking of map reworks, anyone else noticed that Groaning Storehouse's main building has a pallet again? Along with the breakable wall. Awesome. That map's always been one of my worst maps as well, I never do well on storehouse as killer.
They are not that great. I don't think they were necessary and I really miss the old versions. Maps look better, obviously, but they do not feel the same.
In terms of balance, some of the issues were fixed. But not all of them. And breakable walls feel way too forced.
And then, we get to Lery's... If there is one map rework I hate, it is Lery's. It used to be my favourite map in the game, and in my opinion the rework ruined it.
Other than getting lag from time to time on reworked maps, I love them all except the Pallet Factory.
I for the most part enjoy the map reworks, but I do miss the misty look to some of the maps that have been reworked, such as Autohaven, and I'm going to miss the yellow tint/mist whenever Coldwind gets redone.