Best and worst part about the DS nerf

Killers will never be punished for chasing someone off a gen, and will never be punished for picking up an unhooker.

But,

No survivors run the perk anymore because they can't abuse it, and get tunneled by bad killers who will assume there is no DS. Survivors then cry. A lot.

Solution?

It's not the best solution but a base obsession every game regardless of perks would discourage tunneling. A buff the DS that makes it last longer might encourage more survivors to run it. The threat of DS remains but without the abuse that came with it. Everyone is happy..?

Comments

  • Best part: now it will get used to stop tunneling instead of just for being an #########.

    Worst part: all the crying

    Twist: I never cared. When I got an aggressive DS, I just took it as an invitation to tunnel.

  • and what do killers get base in return? Pop goes the weasel? Ruin speed regression? NOED?

  • @BubbaDredge said:

    Best part: now it will get used to stop tunneling instead of just for being an #########.

    Worst part: all the crying

    Twist: I never cared. When I got an aggressive DS, I just took it as an invitation to tunnel.

    Pretty much feel the same about people using it aggressively. If they do it on purpose and they were the ones to come to me, I'll eat the DS then tunnel them out of the game. If I got DS'd by someone I didnt even remember was the last person unhooked, and they weren't looking for me and actually tried to get away from me, I'd let them go.

  • Should buff off the record and Babysitter for the Mid-Chapter since they won't be overshadowed anymore so much.

  • Not gonna lie I do support the DS changes and I think they were healthy for the game; but the problem is now killers are hard tunneling off hook constantly. "But DS would still work if" yeah but not everyone is running DS, however killers are playing in such a way they are trying to make it MANDATORY which is NOT healthy for the game.

    If DS becomes mandatory for the game to be playable; then core changes are going to end up being needed. So Killers please ease up on the tunnels for your own good as well as survivors.

  • I still run in. The only changes I'd make is disable it when you interact with exit gate, after egc has started or gens have completed. And it's not disabled when performing healing actions or cleansing a dull totem for 30 seconds after being unhooked.

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    Should buff off the record and Babysitter for the Mid-Chapter since they won't be overshadowed anymore so much.

    Babysitter was already recently buffed if I'm not mistaken

  • Survivors are making it sound like no other perk makes an obsession.

  • @Mr_K said:

    Survivors are making it sound like no other perk makes an obsession.

    Sole survivor: Trash tier

    OoO: Nobody likes this perk it’s unhealthy garbage

    FTP: Niche healing perk overshadowed by other options

    Blood pact: Worse bond, aftercare, empathy

    Wedding ring: Only on key so sure fire way to get tunneled

  • @Mr_K said:

    Survivors are making it sound like no other perk makes an obsession.

    As of now, according to the wiki, these are the ways to have an obsession:

    6 survivor perks

    9 killer perks

    The Wedding Ring key add-on

    The Black Box (Freddy) and Judith's Journal (Myers)


    I know out of the killer perks, Nemesis doesn't create one upon game start, but if the killer gets stunned, there is now an obsession in the game. I think For the People has a similar mechanic..? Forgot, I know it changes the obsession to you when you use it but I think it also doesn't create an obsession at the start of the match.. might be wrong, been a while since I used that one.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2066453#Comment_2066453

    Sole survivor: Trash tier

    OoO: Nobody likes this perk it’s unhealthy garbage

    FTP: Niche healing perk overshadowed by other options

    Blood pact: Worse bond, aftercare, empathy

    Wedding ring: Only on key so sure fire way to get tunneled

    Apparently DS is trash too. So trade trash for trash.

  • @2bitfeller said:

    Killers will never be punished for chasing someone off a gen, and will never be punished for picking up an unhooker.

    But,

    No survivors run the perk anymore because they can't abuse it, and get tunneled by bad killers who will assume there is no DS. Survivors then cry. A lot.

    Solution?

    It's not the best solution but a base obsession every game regardless of perks would discourage tunneling. A buff the DS that makes it last longer might encourage more survivors to run it. The threat of DS remains but without the abuse that came with it. Everyone is happy..?

    Just run DS and now there is an obsession every game you are in.

    Problem solved yes?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Not gonna lie I do support the DS changes and I think they were healthy for the game; but the problem is now killers are hard tunneling off hook constantly. "But DS would still work if" yeah but not everyone is running DS, however killers are playing in such a way they are trying to make it MANDATORY which is NOT healthy for the game.

    If DS becomes mandatory for the game to be playable; then core changes are going to end up being needed. So Killers please ease up on the tunnels for your own good as well as survivors.

    Why is this now a problem? Survivors ran DS in 9.9 out of 10 games pre nerf so just keep running it.

    Why should the game change so you can have the DS threat while being able to run other powerful perks?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Not gonna lie I do support the DS changes and I think they were healthy for the game; but the problem is now killers are hard tunneling off hook constantly. "But DS would still work if" yeah but not everyone is running DS, however killers are playing in such a way they are trying to make it MANDATORY which is NOT healthy for the game.

    If DS becomes mandatory for the game to be playable; then core changes are going to end up being needed. So Killers please ease up on the tunnels for your own good as well as survivors.

    A honor code like not using moris every match was fine. But the better solution was the mori nerf. So killer shouldnt ease up on tunneling to avoid a nerf. A nerf is a far better solution and does punish killer who would tunnel anyway.