Camping Nerf Idea

Since camping is becoming a bigger and bigger problem as seen by the numerous threads...

How about no hook progress while a killer is within 32 meters of the hook AND is not in a chase.

Comments

  • @Munqaxus said:

    Since camping is becoming a bigger and bigger problem as seen by the numerous threads...

    How about no hook progress while a killer is within 32 meters of the hook AND is not in a chase.

    Maybe that as a perk, like a buffed Camaraderie. I'll design a perk to help with this.

  • Well that seems a bit, ehhh.

    I think that the speed should be drastically reduced based on the killer's distance from the hooked survivor, up to 32 meters. Having that disappear while in chase, though, can be not so great. Oftentimes, while unhooking a survivor or getting near said survivor, chase will be initiated, meaning that if anybody tries to unhook the guy, then the camping penalty is gone.

    Which segways into a bigger issues. Camping is a way to guarantee a kill. Slowing down, or even stopping hook progress will allow for all generators to be completed, but it won't rescue said survivor, who will inevitably depip for reasons beyond their own control. For starters, the camped survivor should probably receive a safety pip automatically, along with a little blood point bonus. The point of camping is usually to elicit a reaction, which won't be there if they have a little gift at the end. The killer should have their blood points depleted very quickly while camping, and if they camp a survivor to death, have their blood point gain capped at 0. Moreover, if constant proximity to the hook (including patrols) are detected for large periods of time, the sacrifice emblem should automatically be non-existent and the killer's pip should be limited to a safety pip at most.

    In terms of in-game solutions, your idea definitely works (save the in-chase requirement), but there should also be a mechanic to save the survivor. I doubt it should be a perk, since you shouldn't have to waste a perk to deal with a very specific situation that happens to also be in the killer's base kit. If it were a perk, though, I would have it so that for every 20 seconds the killer stays within 24/28/32 meters of a hooked survivor, gain a token, up to a maximum of 2 tokens. For each token, the next occasion that would put you into the dying state is ignored.

  • I've been saying this since late 2016

  • @REL1_C said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/237951/camping-nerf-idea

    Maybe that as a perk, like a buffed Camaraderie. I'll design a perk to help with this.

    No.

    We should not have to rely on a perk to be able to actually play the match.

  • yes i hate when survivors camp gens

  • @Viktor1853 said:

    yes i hate when survivors camp gens

    I hate it when Killers DS Survivors too.

  • If you give killer the ability to see survivor auras at base within 16 meters of a hooked survivor while they are not in chase I think this is a fair trade off