Post Game Chat: Is it rude to say 'GG' as Killer when you have slaughtered the whole team?

^Title

This happened in a match earlier today. I was playing solo queue with (i'm assuming) 3 other random players, and we were obliterated by a Billy. It was so bad that none of the Survivors earned over 10K bloodpoints (and we all de-pipped), while the Killer got around 18K.

In the post game chat, the killer typed 'GG WP'. My response was 'Was it really?' because clearly it wasn't a good game or well played. lol

As a survivor, do you think it's rude when a Killer types out 'GG' when it was a slaughter? As a killer, would you still type of 'GG' when you have dominated? I know that I typically don't post 'GG' in the post game chat if it was a really one-sided trial.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @marciamarciamarcia said:

    ^Title

    This happened in a match earlier today. I was playing solo queue with (i'm assuming) 3 other random players, and we were obliterated by a Billy. It was so bad that none of the Survivors earned over 10K bloodpoints (and we all de-pipped), while the Killer got around 18K.

    In the post game chat, the killer typed 'GG WP'. My response was 'Was it really?' because clearly it wasn't a good game or well played. lol

    As a survivor, do you think it's rude when a Killer types out 'GG' when it was a slaughter? As a killer, would you still type of 'GG' when you have dominated? I know that I typically don't post 'GG' in the post game chat if it was a really one-sided trial.

    Dont care what people say here that killer meant it in a derogatory way,,,anyone who says different is living in an alternate reality. C'mon now after you slaughter a team saying that is just insult to injury. If you say ggwp and the game lasted 1 min where everyone was slaughtered and most of the time was spent waiting to get hooked, there was NO well-playing lol. Anyone saying otherwise is just hiding behind "being nice", and "giving a respectful handshake" lol. But let them be toxic and move on to the next game.

  • If I don't say GG when I lose then I feel like a pizza shift if I say it when I win. Plus I'm on console, so I don't get to say anything. 🤐

  • That's basically mockery.

    If it was a relative fair game, or you clearly deserved the win or the other side clearly deserved the win, the GG is sincere.

    If the side who completely stomped on the other side and employed 'cheap' tactics like camping, tunnelling, body blocking, and you didn't get any gens/kills because of it, and they GG afterwards, they're basically saying "thanks for being #########"

  • I just hate when the winning side says anything in the post-game chat. Like, can you just take your ego and go boast to yourself in the mirror?

  • No point typing anything IMO. It’s easier to move on rather than get triggered by a person preening.

  • Actually, I'll walk back a little of what I said previously

    If I walked all over a team but they GG first, then I will assume it's out of politeness and I'll return it.

    But that's usually the only time you'll see me GG in a lopsided game

  • @SunaIIanu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2057491#Comment_2057491

    A while ago there was a discussion where someone admitted that they like to send people a gg after they destroyed them as a slugging nurse to trigger them, so even though it was originally meant as a nice thing not everyone is using it this way. But in this case it's probably best to just ignore the person saying it.

    Yeah, no doubts. I am sure those people exist. But I am a strong believer in "kill em with kindness ".

    So l'd just return the gg and move on. But that is more a deficiency within themselves and hence not worth my energy to worry about.

  • @Mister_xD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2057623#Comment_2057623

    the person saying "gg" does.

    just because YOU might not think of it as a "good game", doesnt mean that everyone shares this opinion.

    and given that everyone has a different definition of what a "good game" is, you cant tell others the game was or was not good, as in their eyes this view might differ quite drastically.

    No one is saying that the Killer couldn't/shouldn't have believed that it was a "good game" even though it was a one-sided contest. Rather, the point of this thread is to ask whether it is indeed rude to communicate "ggwp" to a team that got stomped on. One doesn't negate the other.

  • I wouldn’t be offended and just take the “ggwp” at face value. After watching back my games against streamers I’ve really become aware of how different the game looks from each side, so despite the points it might not have looked like a massive stomp from their end, and if they are a really good killer it might not have looked that bad compared to previous games. And life is too short so no point getting offended over nothing.

    I pretty much always say gg after a match and just think of it as when I played baseball as a kid and we’d line up and shake the opposing team’s hand. If the killer gets a 3k or 4K I will give a ggwp and I kind of hope they appreciate it as they are probably used to salt after winning.

  • If you won by playing with sportsmanship, no

    If you won by cheesing and being a dickhead, yes

  • Just like survivors only say GG when they escape and crickets or rage when they lose. GG has a different meaning in this game.

  • Saying gg isn't rude at all. It's called sportsmanship.

  • @Midori_21 said:

    Saying gg isn't rude at all. It's called sportsmanship.

    I never see it when i win.

1 2 ›