Trapper change idea

So today Scott Jund made a video about how to rework Trapper and it’s actually a great video you should watch https://youtu.be/7d3LjRUncPo

Anyway I was reading the comments and I actually found a idea that could be interesting.

How would you guys feel if Trapper had the ability to stomp his foot on the ground and every trap on the map resets itself but then has a 60 second cooldown it would be like Docs static blast. I think it’s a cool idea that should be experimented on and also another idea he stated was to make it so when someone gets caught in a trap your MS is increased to 150%.

What are your thoughts on this change and Scott Junds ideas

Comments

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    So today Scott Jund made a video about how to rework Trapper and it’s actually a great video you should watch https://youtu.be/7d3LjRUncPo

    Anyway I was reading the comments and I actually found a idea that could be interesting.

    How would you guys feel if Trapper had the ability to stomp his foot on the ground and every trap on the map resets itself but then has a 60 second cooldown it would be like Docs static blast. I think it’s a cool idea that should be experimented on and also another idea he stated was to make it so when someone gets caught in a trap your MS is increased to 150%.

    What are your thoughts on this change and Scott Junds ideas

    I like the adrenaline rush idea since its stupid people guaranted get out in 6 attempts. So your punished for basically not patrolling your traps. So when a person gets trapped you can barely make it any distance before their out.

  • I saw it and I like it, very much. The trapper should have other options when it comes to the idea of trapping the map.

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    So today Scott Jund made a video about how to rework Trapper and it’s actually a great video you should watch https://youtu.be/7d3LjRUncPo

    Anyway I was reading the comments and I actually found a idea that could be interesting.

    How would you guys feel if Trapper had the ability to stomp his foot on the ground and every trap on the map resets itself but then has a 60 second cooldown it would be like Docs static blast. I think it’s a cool idea that should be experimented on and also another idea he stated was to make it so when someone gets caught in a trap your MS is increased to 150%.

    What are your thoughts on this change and Scott Junds ideas

    When he had a ability to reset every trap he could just trap gens or totems and get free downs.

  • @TicTac said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/237414/trapper-change-idea

    When he had a ability to reset every trap he could just trap gens or totems and get free downs.

    Could give it a audio que and have them slowly open as if Trapper was doing it.

  • Scott Jund's Trapper Rework video was really good, but a few weeks ago I did make a rework/overall concept for Trapper, but I think my concept might be a bit too strange and a bit out there for what a Trapper Rework should be, but that's what I like about Scott Jund's video is that it was fairly simple and not too complicated.

    @DBDude said:

    So hello again I'm back with another Rework/Overhaul concept and this time I would like to be discussing a very Strange yet cool yet never gonna happen concept, and this time we're talking about The Trapper.

    Now when talking about the Trapper, his name says it all. He can place traps, beartraps. But does he need to use only beartraps? Why not use another type of trap, with that trap being...…

    Landmines.

    Ok so before you call me a crazed lunatic this is just a concept, nothing official.

    So something coal (pun intended) about the landmines is that they are made with the same explosive that was used to trap the tons of Coal miners as see in Trapper's lore.

    So the size of the landmines would be slightly bigger than his beartraps, with most of the landmine being buried underground.

    And please note that you can still use your beartraps but the landmines would work in a similar fashion to Freddy's teleportation to gens, with both taking the same amount of time to load up.

    Ok so now on to the fun part, when a survivor steps on a landmine, the landmine will not automatically explode, instead it would explode when the survivor steps off of it, sending a survivor into the dying state. And if a survivor is in dying state and goes off and on the landmine it will not explode.

    Now as for the survivors side of things, whenever you see that another survivors is on a landmine, then you can go disarm the landmine, guaranteeing the safety of you and your teammate.

    Oh and if Trapper steps on a landmine, he will not trigger it.

    So those were my ideas for a rework/overhaul concept for The Trapper and hopefully with ideas like this he would become a more unique and interesting killer.


  • I liked everything about it except the ability to trap gens. That would be ridiculous in a 3 gen situation. Particularly when paired with pop or ruin.

    Trapper absolutely should start the trial with all traps in hand. I hate having to always run corrupt, just so I can collect and set 2 traps before a gen pops.

  • I honestly think Trapper doesn't need anything that extreme to be powerful, he just needs to start with more traps in hand and the ability to get traps without having to walk all the way to the far corners of the map. Also honing stone should be basekit, at least for an already-injured survivor.

  • Hear me out:

    Bear Trap: places a trap that will remain on the ground until disarmed. When stepped on by a survivor, the trap will restrain the survivor and summon a bear to maul them.

  • Honestly I think Trapper really only needs 2 changes.

    1. Base Trapper starts with 1 trap and can carry 2.

    2. All randomly placed traps start open and active.

    Bag add-ons are practically necessary for Trapper because repositioning traps one at a time is way too slow. Trapper also currently has an insanely bad early game because he has to go around and place and arm all his traps. Randomly placed armed traps probably won't be a huge threat, but they'll be more of a threat than closed traps or traps on Trapper's hand.

  • It takes them a year to change a single digit on a perk so these changes will never happen.

    Cosmetics and new killers are way more important to them.

  • @FFirebrandd said:

    Honestly I think Trapper really only needs 2 changes.

    1. Base Trapper starts with 1 trap and can carry 2.

    2. All randomly placed traps start open and active.

    Bag add-ons are practically necessary for Trapper because repositioning traps one at a time is way too slow. Trapper also currently has an insanely bad early game because he has to go around and place and arm all his traps. Randomly placed armed traps probably won't be a huge threat, but they'll be more of a threat than closed traps or traps on Trapper's hand.

    I would adding traps should spawn 30m away from map boundaries. And trap spawn should not remove grass (there are many unlucky time that traps spawn cause remove grass on very important place)