Why would BHVR nerf afking without nerfing the main reason.

BHVR basically removed you getting any bp while afking sicne survivors cant start a chase when the killer stands still. But the reason most people afk is for shards which they didnt change at all.

Comments

  • That must not be the main reason as afking has almost entirely dissapeared since that change. I haven't seen it once since then.

  • I've had a few afkers, less than before the MMR test, but I didn't know they afked for shards.

  • I thought killers used to afk to derank.

  • Survivors should be able to get BP from AFK killers, seems a bit unfair that a survivor can be denied so much by an AFK wraith. (I've run into one recently. Incredibly boring game.)

  • I afk if the survivors are being toxic and a SWF team. I’m not putting up with abuse just so the survivors can get their jollies

  • @DBDisBAD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2053192#Comment_2053192

    My SWF team has started playing and just play hide and seek. No one runs (if we're found, we're out), no one does gens, we just hide and see if the killer can find us. We don't let toxic killers abuse us for their fun, and we have such a blast laughing together.

    Do that for long enough and you can be reported for taking the game hostage.

  • @DBDisBAD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2053224#Comment_2053224

    Insert Princess Bride "I do not think it means what you think it means" meme.

    He's not wrong though. If you hide for long enough without doing anything and the killer can't find you, it is reportable for hostage holding.

    It's no different to when there is only two survivors left and they just hide forever while waiting for the other to die except in your case it's an entire team doing it. I'm glad you're having fun and all but it's something to keep in mind that if people report you enough you could be banned for it.

  • @DBDisBAD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2053250#Comment_2053250

    I know you might want that to be true, but I assure you it is not.

    Care to elaborate on how it's not hostage holding to simply hide as long as possible while doing nothing all game?

  • The second part of this screenshot.

    Untitled Image

    Refusing to do gens while hiding to drag out the game as long as possible. If you're only hiding for all of five minutes then I'd say you're fine and it's a good bit of fun to see if the killer can find you in that time. No worries there at all.

    If you're trying to hide for as long as you possibly can while doing nothing, then that I'd consider hostage holding.

    Edit: The first part of the screenshot also mentions an "extended" period of time.

  • @ohheyitsbobcat said:

    The second part of this screenshot.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/G8DS37HMG4NE/hostage-png.png

    Refusing to do gens while hiding to drag out the game as long as possible. If you're only hiding for all of five minutes then I'd say you're fine and it's a good bit of fun to see if the killer can find you in that time. No worries there at all.

    If you're trying to hide for as long as you possibly can while doing nothing, then that I'd consider hostage holding.

    Edit: The first part of the screenshot also mentions an "extended" period of time.

    So you can basically report blendettes? I'm confused.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2053280#Comment_2053280

    So you can basically report blendettes? I'm confused.

    Extended. Period. Of. Time.

    The quote from the mod shows that struggling on the hook (up to 2 minutes and 34s) is not regarded as an extended period of time.

    Hiding is part of the game. Refusing the PLAY the game is not.

  • @DBDisBAD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2053280#Comment_2053280

    I'm sorry, it seems that (at least on May 6) there are rules against alternate playstyles. I wish I knew Peanits had said that, I'd have reported all those killers that refused to kill and made us do gens while they watched.

    ...which is an interesting question, what happens if a killer drops you on the hatch at the end of the game, but you don't go in? Who took the game hostage there? Both players?

    But I will say, I don't imagine that we would drag a game out for thirty minutes, and with idle crows you have to move around anyway, so it would be difficult to against any kind of good player (and play normal against anyone rank 8 or below, c'mon). And at the very least, we'll never have to hear a killer whine about gen rushing!

    1. That's called farming. Most survivors love it.
    2. You did, the killer gave you an out, the hatch, you're the one refusing to take it, you're not held hostage. But in either case, it's not reportable, because the bleedout will kill you before 'an extended period of time' passes.
  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2053650#Comment_2053650

    Extended. Period. Of. Time.

    The quote from the mod shows that struggling on the hook (up to 2 minutes and 34s) is not regarded as an extended period of time.

    Hiding is part of the game. Refusing the PLAY the game is not.

    Well technically hiding is also apart of the game, nowhere does it say you're forced to do gens since the hatch is also an alternative to escape. What if there's a match with 4 people not doing gens and just waiting for the rest to die to get hatch? They're still playing the game and trying to get an escape, just not through the gates.