Traps are mostly useless.
Theres always that one survivor that either carries a map or watches you 24/7 and runs straight to that trap to disarm it. Then youre left with an M1 killer that gets stunned every 10 seconds by one of the 100 pallets on the map. All im asking for is to either make traps darker, only show a 5 meter range of the traps location on the map or make the setting sound quieter.
Comments
I do agree setting sound should be quieter.
Offensive Trapper is a good way to play if you have a lost puppy that match, rather than territorial Trapper.
Darker traps should also be basekit.
Bring Franklin's if you see a map in a lobby if you really hate them that much, thing is, seeing your traps is dependent on the addon 'red twine' and who's really gonna bring that just in case they go against a Trapper (one of the least played killers).
I agree that there's too many counters to traps, especailly Trappers. I love playing him but he's the only killer where I go into matches 100% preparing myself for a loss.
No item should track traps, it should be perks only. If the survivor can counter my power in its entirety they should be forced to commit for the entire match as I am.
Trapper really deserves a second power. Like a tripwire. Traps come in other styles then just BEAR.
BHVR have removed some features specifically relating to beartraps, but TBH "Killer Belongings" is really just a slightly broader definition for "Beartrap". Seriously, this is the full list of what's also under that definition:
IMO "Killer Belongings" should be scrapped as a definition and be redefined as "Chests, Hooks, and Totems". There's genuinely almost no reason to track the other stuff except to annoy Trapper/Pallet Freddies.