Zanshin Tactics & Windows of Opportunity should honestly be options in settings
Many argue these perks should be base perks (such as Kindred, Spine Chill, many more). But I honestly think Zanshin Tactics and Windows of Opportunity should be options in settings.
I have two wishes if those two are going to be options. Here they are:
1st wish
I want Windows of Opportunity to have its range increased to 24 metres. The reason for that is that Zanshin Tactics has a range of 24 metres and Windows of Opportunity has a range of 20 metres. I don't understand why Windows of Opportunity have a lower range than the killer perk when they both function the same way.
2nd wish
I want both Zanshin Tactics and Windows of Opportunity's cooldown to be removed. There is no reason to have a cooldown to perks that are as weak as those perks. It's not like they have an impact on gameplay as other perks do. Except that Windows of Opportunity can learn you better chase routing.
They obviously wouldn't be named as the current perk names in the settings. It's up to the devs to make a good "name" in the settings for that.
Comments
I like Windows because it shows me where my teammates have used pallets, so I don't run to a dead zone.
Zanshin Tactics is just...not good.
I agree with everything you said. However, what do you think of the idea of having these two perks become options in settings?
I wouldn't mind it, but then they'd have to completely redo those perks, and the Devs would probably not go for it.
There's a first time for everything, but that seems pretty unlikely.
Yeah, I get what you mean. Thank you for the feedback!
Aren't they basically the same perk? Why not akso like zanshin tactics?
Because knowing where pallets are as Killer is eh, since you usually know where things have been broken, but as Survivor you don't, so it prevents me from running to a dead area.
I have to highly disagree.
Claiming the information either of these perks provides affects no gameplay whatsoever is an incorrect statement.
As a solo survivor it’s simply not possible to have a 100% clear idea what pallets have and haven’t been used by other survivors. Being presented that information mid chase with WoO can quite literally be what prevents a survivor accidentally running to a dead zone.
Likewise for Zanshin, particularly on indoor maps, it can give a heads up on what a chased survivors pathing is likely to be, and can help in deciding where to attempt cutting them off.
For both these reasons I strongly feel the should remain as perks that a player should choose to sacrifice a slot to or not.
I will agree though that the cool downs on both of these perks is silly.
The cooldown should be removed, but it should be noted that Windows in particular isn't actually bad in the hands of the game's most skilled Survivors. It can take a lot of the mental strain away from registering what's in your environment by telegraphing what every tile is immediately, and allows Survivors to focus on what the Killer's doing instead. If I'd compare it to any Killer perk it'd probably be Stridor, it's an extremely acquired taste but you can get a lot of value out of it.
The #1 reason for removing the cooldown IMO isn't actually so much to buff them as it is for consistency. Cooldowns should only be on Perks when absolutely necessary for their design, otherwise it's better to have Perks that work consistently just because it's easier to understand and keep track of for both sides. (eg. this is why I think "when you down a survivor" perks having cooldowns is silly. if something as useful as infectious fright is fine without a cooldown, I don't see why Surge needs one)
Also, for the record, the reason why Zanshin should be stronger than Windows is because the information is inherently much less valuable for Killers. They're reacting to what the Survivor is choosing to do, not reacting directly to the environmental props, and Survivors have the pallet break factor to be worrying about.
IMO for this reason Zanshin should have some extra gravy effect placed on it to reward skilled loop fundamentals, like a 50% lower attack cooldown if you hit Survivors mid-vault.
Far too powerful. If you’ve seen Tru3 play it shows how strong windows is. You always know where safety is and you make a direct route for it. It can be very powerful on a good survivor. Im starting to see more people use it