Meritocracy

I think the forums MUST display a users rank for both Killer and Survivor. It's not fair if a green rank survivor has an equal say to that of a red rank. It's annoying seeing all these posts crying about which killer to nerf next when the OP probably has never played high level gameplay to begin with.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • At this point, if you bite, it's your own damn fault.

  • So, you are saying that people who insist on iWin buttons, who got to red ranks through playing scummy and who don't want a decent game because it'd mean that they'd have to actually show some sort of skill get a bigger say than the majority...

    Look, if america is good for anything then as proof that that don't work.

  • @Grandpa_Crack_Pipe said:

    At this point, if you bite, it's your own damn fault.

    ^^

  • @Hashtag6 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2046786#Comment_2046786

    Lmao COPE I broke you.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2046788#Comment_2046788

    So you agree the devs listen to the forums. Look im right again, how sweet it feels.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2046792#Comment_2046792

    No one has defeated my argument that a rank 20 is is not better than a rank 1. I can tell you're seething but I promise I wont hold it against you.

    Look, here’s the thing.

    The only thing with any merit on these forums is providing a post, opinion, or counterpoint in a respectful, courteous way.

    Name calling, or outright trolling doesn’t give anybody any merit. Especially new forum members.

  • @MeltingPenguins said:

    So, you are saying that people who insist on iWin buttons, who got to red ranks through playing scummy and who don't want a decent game because it'd mean that they'd have to actually show some sort of skill get a bigger say than the majority...

    Look, if america is good for anything then as proof that that don't work.

    Its an incentive to rank up isnt it? how will the new MMR system be any different?

    @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2046797#Comment_2046797

    Look, here’s the thing.

    The only thing with any merit on these forums is providing a post, opinion, or counterpoint in a respectful, courteous way.

    Name calling, or outright trolling doesn’t give anybody any merit. Especially new forum members.

    I'm new yet my posts already have more credit than yours do.

  • @Hashtag6 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2046816#Comment_2046816

    See this is where your assumption is wrong. I have all skins and p3 on every character as well as legacy. I have been playing since alpha and actually was one of the game testers before it was released. So really, my opinion out ranks yours. Now when you can back up your claims I will happily back up mine.

    Prove it.

    It is interesting that despite being so involved with the game since it's infancy, that you only decided to make an account on the Forums in October. Additionally, it is fascinating that you ask for help on things that many new players would be asking about. Such as, "How long did it take you to get to Rank 1", "Why is this game so toxic" and "I'm just trying to get to Rank 1 as Survivor and get all the achievements."

    Seems to me, either you haven't played the game since Alpha and you weren't one of the game testers or you were and stopped playing until just recently. Because if you have been playing since Alpha, you would know the answers to the questions you asked. I find it very difficult to believe you never hit Rank 1 in the, what, 5+ years since then either. You are either the exact type of player your system wishes to exclude or a liar.

    Either way, my point is proven.

    Do not challenge me to this argument, you will lose. It is better to admit one's mistakes than to continue to dig a hole of lies.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2046702#Comment_2046702

    If you actually paid attention, you'd see that I play both Survivor and Killer, but since you lack the mental capacity for critical thinking, I'll give you a quick rundown.

    I've been Rank 1 on both sides for 2+ years and have close to 1000+ hours on either side. I've watched tournaments, guides, streamers and friends play the game. I've been on these forums for a almost 2 years and have been lurking here for longer. It's quite likely that, by your own system, my opinion outranks yours.

    The only person getting exposed here is you, since your idea was rejected by pretty much everyone, you decided to start attacking people.

    Don't try to discuss anything with an ape, regardless of how reasonable your arguments are, it will throw poop at your face. The ape will succeed in its objective, and you will not.

  • @Bumbus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2046816#Comment_2046816

    Don't try to discuss anything with an ape, regardless of how reasonable your arguments are, it will throw poop at your face. The ape will succeed in its objective, and you will not.

    I do not believe he is incapable of reason.

    I believe he will come around, and I will not attack him.

    Besides, I think my last comment was the argument ender.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2046837#Comment_2046837

    I do not believe he is incapable of reason.

    I believe he will come around, and I will not attack him.

    Besides, I think my last comment was the argument ender.

    You are a very optimistic person, I guess

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2046821#Comment_2046821

    Prove it.

    It is interesting that despite being so involved with the game since it's infancy, that you only decided to make an account on the Forums in October. Additionally, it is fascinating that you ask for help on things that many new players would be asking about. Such as, "How long did it take you to get to Rank 1", "Why is this game so toxic" and "I'm just trying to get to Rank 1 as Survivor and get all the achievements."

    Seems to me, either you haven't played the game since Alpha and you weren't one of the game testers or you were and stopped playing until just recently. Because if you have been playing since Alpha, you would know the answers to the questions you asked. I find it very difficult to believe you never hit Rank 1 in the, what, 5+ years since then either. You are either the exact type of player your system wishes to exclude or a liar.

    Either way, my point is proven.

    Do not challenge me to this argument, you will lose. It is better to admit one's mistakes than to continue to dig a hole of lies.

    This isnt my account though. Im still waiting for you to prove your part though. Plus for you to look into my friends account like that just proves how rent free I am in your head right now

  • @Bumbus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2046816#Comment_2046816

    Don't try to discuss anything with an ape, regardless of how reasonable your arguments are, it will throw poop at your face. The ape will succeed in its objective, and you will not.

    Did I rustle your jimmies?

  • @Hashtag6 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2046835#Comment_2046835

    This isnt my account though. Im still waiting for you to prove your part though. Plus for you to look into my friends account like that just proves how rent free I am in your head right now

    I see, of course it isn't. I'm sure your father works at Behavior and is going to ban my account tomorrow as well, isn't he? Even if you are telling the truth about this not being your account, that still raises the question as to why you are so scared to use your own. Were you banned? That would be likely, I think.

    I actually did not look through the account. I remember you from your first post in the latter half of October last year, I commented on it and had a brief interaction with you, if I recall correctly.

    So far as I remember, your speech patterns are mostly the same, as is your aggressive behavior towards those who disagree with you.

    You have no argument. You merely wish to silence people you disagree with. It is quite clear to me, and to everyone else who has stopped in on this small thread. I'm sure you've noticed how you have ZERO upvotes on your post.

    Perhaps you should put some more time into the game, and work on being more accepting of differing opinions. New players have valid opinions that matter just as much as yours or mine or Tru3 or Otz.

  • @Hashtag6 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2046829#Comment_2046829

    Its an incentive to rank up isnt it? how will the new MMR system be any different?

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2046831#Comment_2046831

    I'm new yet my posts already have more credit than yours do.

    Wow!!!

    Ok, fine.

    If you want to push forward with alienating yourself on these forums using the attitude you’re presenting as a new member, be my guest.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2046834#Comment_2046834

    Wow!!!

    Ok, fine.

    If you want to push forward with alienating yourself on these forums using the attitude you’re presenting as a new member, be my guest.

    Don't worry, you're my favorite Clown main and you have infinitely more cred than he does :)

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2046844#Comment_2046844

    I see, of course it isn't. I'm sure your father works at Behavior and is going to ban my account tomorrow as well, isn't he? Even if you are telling the truth about this not being your account, that still raises the question as to why you are so scared to use your own. Were you banned? That would be likely, I think.

    I actually did not look through the account. I remember you from your first post in the latter half of October last year, I commented on it and had a brief interaction with you, if I recall correctly.

    So far as I remember, your speech patterns are mostly the same, as is your aggressive behavior towards those who disagree with you.

    You have no argument. You merely wish to silence people you disagree with. It is quite clear to me, and to everyone else who has stopped in on this small thread. I'm sure you've noticed how you have ZERO upvotes on your post.

    Perhaps you should put some more time into the game, and work on being more accepting of differing opinions. New players have valid opinions that matter just as much as yours or mine or Tru3 or Otz.

    This is your post from the "rank 1 killer" thread

    "I started the game in November of 2018 and I think I hit Rank 1 for the first time in May of 2019 on Killer. I hit Rank 1 Survivor in July of 2019.

    Realistically, I am a Rank 1 Killer but my Survivor Rank is probably closer to Rank 7 than to Rank 1."

    But earlier in this thread you said "I've been Rank 1 on both sides for 2+ years and have close to 1000+ hours on either side".

    Thanks to my friends post earlier I have managed to deafeat your whole web of lies. Now I am ready for the next persons image I can shatter. Also I dont have an account on the fourm.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2046859#Comment_2046859

    Don't worry, you're my favorite Clown main and you have infinitely more cred than he does :)

    Cheers 😀

    Don’t worry. I’m seriously not taking on board what they said.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2046834#Comment_2046834

    Wow!!!

    Ok, fine.

    If you want to push forward with alienating yourself on these forums using the attitude you’re presenting as a new member, be my guest.

    What is stopping me from creating a new account?

  • @Hashtag6 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2046853#Comment_2046853

    This is your post from the "rank 1 killer" thread

    "I started the game in November of 2018 and I think I hit Rank 1 for the first time in May of 2019 on Killer. I hit Rank 1 Survivor in July of 2019.

    Realistically, I am a Rank 1 Killer but my Survivor Rank is probably closer to Rank 7 than to Rank 1."

    But earlier in this thread you said "I've been Rank 1 on both sides for 2+ years and have close to 1000+ hours on either side".

    Thanks to my friends post earlier I have managed to deafeat your whole web of lies. Now I am ready for the next persons image I can shatter. Also I dont have an account on the fourm.

    Indeed. I apologize for rounding up two months on Killer.

    I did hit Survivor Rank 1 for the first time in March of 2019, though I am not sure of the exact date. I may have a screenshot on Xbox, though I do not remember.

    In fact, that little thread sort of disproves your ENTIRE argument. I first played Dead By Daylight in May or June of 2018. Played very on and off, maybe once a week up til October, when I quit. My friend convinced me to come back to the game in December, and I stuck with it. At that point in time that I hit Rank 1 Survivor, I had maybe 50 hours in the game. By your logic, my opinion should matter the same as someone's who has played for 5000 hours and is Rank 1, surely that isn't what you wanted is it?

    Quite honestly, you are quite pathetic in your attempts to play this game with me. You cannot win this argument. You have a bad idea, own up to it and try to make a better idea.

    This community is hilariously divided, everyone has said this is a bad idea. Take a hint and get over your massive ego. You remind me of me when I was younger and that ISN'T a good thing.

  • The fact that you'll likely be banned in the next few hours.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2046869#Comment_2046869

    Indeed. I apologize for rounding up two months on Killer.

    I did hit Survivor Rank 1 for the first time in March of 2019, though I am not sure of the exact date. I may have a screenshot on Xbox, though I do not remember.

    In fact, that little thread sort of disproves your ENTIRE argument. I first played Dead By Daylight in May or June of 2018. Played very on and off, maybe once a week up til October, when I quit. My friend convinced me to come back to the game in December, and I stuck with it. At that point in time that I hit Rank 1 Survivor, I had maybe 50 hours in the game. By your logic, my opinion should matter the same as someone's who has played for 5000 hours and is Rank 1, surely that isn't what you wanted is it?

    Quite honestly, you are quite pathetic in your attempts to play this game with me. You cannot win this argument. You have a bad idea, own up to it and try to make a better idea.

    This community is hilariously divided, everyone has said this is a bad idea. Take a hint and get over your massive ego. You remind me of me when I was younger and that ISN'T a good thing.

    There is a huge difference between 2+ years to almost 2 years. also TLDR

    @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2046871#Comment_2046871

    The fact that you'll likely be banned in the next few hours.

    You think I care? I got a life that doesnt include 1000 hours per year on dbd abd 4.4k fourm posts

  • @Hashtag6 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2046884#Comment_2046884

    There is a huge difference between 2+ years to almost 2 years. also TLDR

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2046887#Comment_2046887

    You think I care? I got a life that doesnt include 1000 hours per year on dbd abd 4.4k fourm posts

    Oh? But I thought you had more hours than me and you have Legacy and you played the Alpha and you were a game tester.

    My mistake, of course. I must have imagined you saying that. Despite your bad attempt at insulting me, I am here because I care about the game, same as you. People seem to agree with my takes, since I have ~10K upvotes.

    It's 2+ years for Survivor and about a month shy of 2+ years for Killer.

    And just for the record, I also have a life outside of DBD. I can tell you all about it if you like :)

  • @Hashtag6 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2046829#Comment_2046829

    Its an incentive to rank up isnt it? how will the new MMR system be any different?

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2046831#Comment_2046831

    I'm new yet my posts already have more credit than yours do.

    It's not. Because the rank is not actually a reward. DBD as a whole lacks a proper rewarding system. There's a lot of frustration and dull routine, but not a real payoff.


    You know who ought to get a bigger say? people who go on the ptb thoroughly testing things. that try all to break the game on the ptb and give details reports on what works and what doesn't. not just with new content, but who look into if old content is affected as well.

    People who deep-dive into the lore and are able to find things and connections that the devs might not even have intended, all while staying in-canon with things.

    But even those don't deserve 1000 voices for every one of other users.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2046896#Comment_2046896

    Oh? But I thought you had more hours than me and you have Legacy and you played the Alpha and you were a game tester.

    My mistake, of course. I must have imagined you saying that. Despite your bad attempt at insulting me, I am here because I care about the game, same as you. People seem to agree with my takes, since I have ~10K upvotes.

    It's 2+ years for Survivor and about a month shy of 2+ years for Killer.

    Just because I rustled enough jimmies that I have people stay to upvote everyone that disagrees with me doesn't really validate your opinion.

    This isnt my account. I was a game tester

  • @Hashtag6 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2046904#Comment_2046904

    Just because I rustled enough jimmies that I have people stay to upvote everyone that disagrees with me doesn't really validate your opinion.

    This isnt my account. I was a game tester

    "See this is where your assumption is wrong. I have all skins and p3 on every character as well as legacy. I have been playing since alpha and actually was one of the game testers before it was released."

    You accuse me of sinking too much time into the game, yet you admit you have P3 and all skins on all characters as well as Legacy. See, I wasn't around when Legacy was a thing, but I do know that it was a HUGE time investment back then. You also say you have been playing since Alpha and that you were one of the game testers before it released, indicating you have "wasted" much more time than me. So you are either lying or a hypocrite. Which is it?

    I never argued that it validated my opinion. In fact, my most popular threads were about Console Optimization (or lack thereof) and things you love about this game.

    For the life of me, I am not sure why you are so aggressive. What did anyone here do?

  • @Hashtag6 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2046674#Comment_2046674

    You're implying that green rank person is going to be green rank forever? You said you need cheese tactics to reach rank 1? maybe you shouldn't be rank 1 if you need to cheese your way there. Every rank system has its minor flaws but id prefer to know I'm reading the opinion of someone that plays the game high rank rather than low rank which doesn't effect me at all. Rank is a measure of skill though.. I can guarantee if I verse a group of 1's and then a group of 20's there is a huge gameplay difference.

    Yea there would be because rank 20s are 100% new to the game you cannot derank past rank 15 so yea they have no skill but that is the only ranks it matters. 20-17

  • @Hashtag6 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2046904#Comment_2046904

    Just because I rustled enough jimmies that I have people stay to upvote everyone that disagrees with me doesn't really validate your opinion.

    This isnt my account. I was a game tester

    Great troll post and thanks for the laughs

    but why would you say forum users should get their ranks displayed etc but then proceed to admit to using another persons account?

  • @Hashtag6 said:

    I think the forums MUST display a users rank for both Killer and Survivor. It's not fair if a green rank survivor has an equal say to that of a red rank. It's annoying seeing all these posts crying about which killer to nerf next when the OP probably has never played high level gameplay to begin with.

    Also lets be honest what you really want is lower ranks unable to post at all while you rank 1s get all the say well I got some news for you higher ranks are just as important the devs balance the game over low rank players so stop being one of them toxic players that use your rank to justify your gameplay which in most cases is leaving someone to die while you sit at the hatch.

  • Due to OP insulting and attacking everyone who disagreed with them, I decided to close this thread.

    I also want to add that someone's opinion isn't more or less legit depending on their rank or their skill, adding that kind of information would just enable people to belittle others just based on their rank, which is unacceptable.

1 2 ›