Okay hear me out... Flamethrowing Killer anyone??
Alright so I've been thinking of this a lot and I have some basic ideas of how a killer would be fair with a flamethrower.
-Ranged Attack: a quick stream shot of fire; has a fuel limit that you have to refill with canisters. (have a set amount of canisters like Huntress Hammers)
-Meele Attack: a sledgehammer; to be slow in contrast with the quick acting range attack.
-Survivors have to put out their fire before they go down. (similar to the Legion or Trickster effect)
-Killer can poor/shoot fuel on the ground and ignight it for a small duration of time.
-Killer can restock their canisters by checking inside on the bottom of lockers. (loved the idea they can take fuel from the gens too!)
-Mori: poor fuel on the survivor and ignite them.
Hope you all like my idea for a Killer and can suggest a cool Survivor counterpart!
Edited
(Survivor perks I've thought of in general while with writersblock)
-CRUMBS: throw out some crumbs to attract the attention of crows. Sets off a notification like a rock being thrown but lasts longer
-
Comments
Oooh, I like this a lot.
Got a few names:
The pyromaniac.
The pyrotechnic. (Maybe the backstory could be that he got killed in a fireworks display that went awry...)
Those are the only two I've got so far, bit I think the power would look awesome!
What if he refills fuel from generators? Built in gen pressure as he has even more reason to patrol them.
The 'burning' would be like Trickster lacerations that don't drop off, and can be applied manually (like Plague/Trickster) or via igniting the ground that the survivors run through.
Hmm... now I type it out it sounds quite similar to Trickster/Plague.
You know, if BHVR is still at least slightly buddy-buddy with Valve...
That "Meet the" Video did paint them as a pretty messed up character.
In terms of the raw concept, I'm down. Just need to think of how the gameplay would work so it's distinguished from other Killers, because we already have a trail-creating Killer and multiple ranged Killers.
I'm not gonna theorycraft a whole concept, but here's one bit of food for thought: What if the Killer fluctuated between a setup phase with spraying fuel everywhere, and an ignition phase about setting it all on fire, and during the Ignition Phase, they move slower but are Undetectable, with Survivors needing to rely on the lighting from the fire to tell where the Killer is?
Do I want a killer whose power is a flamethrower, which is objectively the most awesome non-supernatural power in existence? Yes. Yes I do.
Yes, I know it's a subjective opinion. It's in jest.
Maybe not a flamethrower but someone who uses fire
If we do get a flamethrower killer, I would hope they look something like this:
It'd be as if Legion and PH were the same killer.
Even better. Supernatural fire-related powers are objectively the coolest supernatural powers in existence.
His name should be Hans.
I actually made a killer that fits that part nicely. He would however have to be licensed since hes part of a franchise I'm making. In short he's very similar to Pyramid Head, but instead is called Furnace Head. He represents our hatred, the anger we keep inside ourselves, and how are anger destroys what it touches. His actions are brutal and fierce, mimicking abusive behaviors, whether it be beating them with a chain ( Kinda like you would a belt), or assaulting them ( You can guess this one I hope). Design wise he looks similar to Nemesis or PH, and wears a iron forged smoke/gas mask like pyro above. He even has straps of metal stuck to his skin, ensuring that his body doesn't fall apart, symbolising how anger cannot be contained so easily. He also carries a giant fire axe to boot, what do you think?
Oh boy ww2 killer would be neat, but... I dont think bhvr would cross this line, given how serious the topic is.
I think it would be perfectly fine. I honestly don't see any problem with that.
The problem it would be talking about Nazism for the lore, and some real stuff that did happen, besides if we were to add a ww2 killer that uses fire, for some reason I immediately thought of, the Holocaust and what happened... ( you can guess where I'm getting at this, right).
I don't believe you. You might not have a problem with it, but you're smart enough to see why there is a problem with it.
We got plenty of video games about WW2 already.
Exactly, as someone with German roots, even I'm not comfortable talking about WW2, and it kinda disregards those who died in the war
All the more reason not to do it, the market's already saturated.
I think that's not what you said, at all. There's no fire involved in any way.
I think ignoring or avoiding a especific topic is more harmful than beneficial. What about the movie "the great dictator", for instance?
Well, his organs are at least a thousand degrees and his ax on the tips of the blade is molten hot metal that causes any who've been cut by its magic, to feel their entire body burning overtime and making its victims hostile violent, and disfunctional at the same time. that's how his power would work, to slow the game down all the more while make them exposed, he can breathe fire to block off areas, and would apply the same effect if they were cut by him, does this help?
I get it and I wouldn't fully mind, but there is a limit to where it's not okay.
Kinda meh, TBH, but then again I'm more used to games like Divinity: Original Sin 2, where I can set the battlefield ablaze if and when I choose to.
it was power iddea I came up on the spot so I don't expect much.
What a great game.