The DBD experience (aka why nobody plays killer)

  • Try to practise Nurse who I was never amazing with, but very rusty now
  • Get Midwich which is a hard map to get used to
  • Full swf
  • Get 4 bbq tokens, fresh hook everytime
  • Chase a survivor at the end but get cucked by adrenaline
  • Manage to hit this survivor as they close in on the exit gates, the other 3 of them at the exit gates tbagging me despite me playing "fair". Left every hook immediately and never hooked the same person twice
  • Actually managed to get the injured survivor down at the exit gates
  • SWF run to "heal tech" (another fun exploit....err I mean mechanic, totally doesn't need fixing btw )
  • Manage to pick them up and somehow miraculously hook them despite the swf trying to bodyblock
  • Trade a few hooks at the end as the swf swarm it and keep trying to bodyblock
  • They make it out, all 4 rapidly tbagging as hard as they could
  • Get heavily verbally abused post game, told ez and sworn at and called all sorts of names that would ironically get me banned from these forums if I was to repeat it (because the devs don't want to see it, but they've been perfectly fine with you getting the abuse)

You see how this must be for new players? you see how "playing fair" doesn't make a damn bit of difference? you see how there's literally no point to caring when survivors cry when you camp them?

I don't even know why I'm saying this I'm sure you've all seen it. It's a shame the development studio is too apathetic towards their own game to actually fix anything (because they don't play it, they don't experience this, therefore they could not care less) regarding the experience and then they just wonder why survivors are constantly crying about queue times - here's a hint, the queue time problems are you own doing. I'm used to this trash but a lot of new players are completely put off by it.

Comments

  • It's sad but people really are pushing newbies away. My friend had seen me playing the game over the years and was interested. He's never really been one for these styles of games overall since he's more a FPS gamer. I warned him it would be rough going at first with him being new but he wanted to try. His first match was against a full SWF of red ranks and 1 single Rank 16 who proceeded to sabo hooks in his face, flashlight him and pallet stun every chance they got. Afterwards he got so much abuse via messages since they were on Xbox with him that he uninstalled it right away. He still asks me now why I play this game when this is the abuse people give out and I still can't give him an answer because I don't even know anymore. I love the game but every match leaves me asking the exact same question now

  • @swager21 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2045312#Comment_2045312

    theres just so many posts complaining about something that i cant take them seriously anymore

    So you're gonna point your finger at the people complaining about the thing, instead of the thing itself.

  • @Dizzy1096 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2043774#Comment_2043774

    The next team took the full brunt of it. They had a key, toolbox + bnp, and map offering so I wouldn't feel too bad.

    I need to stress though that it wasn't tilt from this game that did it, it's tilt from 90% of games this week. Everygame is like this, just toxic shits everygame who are only playing DBD to annoy and frustrate other people. Again, this is why nobody wants to play killer.

    But I discovered that they don't seem to like it when you facecamp and repeatedly hit them on hook. At least now when I get abuse post game I can understand why.

    Yeah yeah I'm continuing the circle but I really couldn't care less anymore. This is the worst community I've ever seen and it's actually enjoyable playing like a piece of ######### to all of these toxic survivors. That feeling when it's click click, tbag tbag.....and then the disconnect when they get toxic back :)

    If youre saying that its 90% of your games, we all know that's a straight up lie. And if you truly think you're going against a toxic SWF every time, its on you, not the game.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2043774#Comment_2043774

    "A lion does not concern himself with the opinion of sheep"

    Tywin Lannister pretty much sums it up for me.

    Except in this game u r not a lion, u r a play thing, a freak show

  • Disable or don't look at the chat if you can't handle it.

  • @KlapzCheeks said:

    I dont know why anyone bothers complaining about survivors being toxic. You know you deserved that GG EZ BABY KILLER. You tunneled and camped you deserve those slurs and messages. The irony in it is when its the t-bagging clicky flashlight person that wants you to chase them and you do and kill them they slide into your DMs faster than a thirsty dude seeing some skin. They proceed to berate you with tunneler and camper, they literally asked to be chased etc.

    Lately Ive taken a great liking to playing basement bubba and man let me tell you I have been having a blast. Its like doing a gen, you slide into the corner (holding whatever button you do to repair) and wait for the death or second phase. Then I am off to my next survivor or gen whatever youd like to call them.

    I kicked a gen but u go do it immediately after I leave, u tunnel my gens. U sit near my gens for 80 seconds, u camp my gens. Why the same things that both sides do but 1 side can be blamed for it? Because u have 4 can bitvh more than 1?

  • @UnentitledBunnyMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2045015#Comment_2045015

    Except in this game u r not a lion, u r a play thing, a freak show

    Which is why I'm glad DS is getting really reworked this time.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2046090#Comment_2046090

    Which is why I'm glad DS is getting really reworked this time.

    Odds on it being buffed before summer are pretty high, I wouldn't get my hopes up too much. Last time they reworked it they gave it 2 separate buffs afterwards anyway.

1 2 ›