Playing killer
Hey y’all, I’m not new to the game I’m a survivor main sitting at rank 2, recently started playing killer, as ghost face. I’ve never realized how hard it is to actually play killer. Survivors are rude, tbagging, gens popping 2 mins after losing in the game. And the last match I had three of them escape by a key and the other one I killed. My question is how can I improve my skills? I can find them easily, it’s the chase that takes forever and next thing you know 2 gens pop. How can I outplay them during a chase and mind game them?
Comments
Time. And guides. And time. And YouTube videos. And time.
Seriously don’t expect to get decent until around 250+ hours minimum. 500+ to be good IMO. Stay patient and keep trying and learn how to counter loops, when to abandon, when to focus on gens, when to camp, when to slug etc. This forum could write a book on what you’re asking. Just watch the 1,000’s of hours on YouTube
Well, since you already play survivor, think about the ways you would try to outplay a killer.
Then while playing as killer think, hmm what would I do if I was the survivor right now. Then try to do something that if the killer did it to you it would be unexpected and lead to a hit.
Basically, if the survivor expects you to vault a window, don't or if you think the survivor will expect you to moonwalk somewhere, fake the moonwalk and keep going.
I don't want to be one of those survivors but I suggest playing another killer. Ghost face isn't exactly OP. Unfortunately, if you actually want a chance to beat "Strong Survivors" , you'll have to play nurse, spirit or maybe Freddy. That's how the developers designed the game, every killer is a meme with high MMR, too many survivors would [BAD WORD] if killers got buffed so all you have is nurse or spirit.
Just play nurse or spirit. Maybe gunner. Anything that deny loops
Just play how you want. You’ll gradually get better eventually.
Sure there are lots of toxicity you need to face, and I can’t give any advice to this. If you can tolerate them, you play. If you can’t, leave the game, come back later or play something else.
But eventually you’ll reach a point where survivors dominate and you can’t do anything. Sadly this is the current state of the game. I’m just giving you a roadmap what’s gonna happen.
Mindgaming them doesn't really mean much as they all have dead hard to correct their mistakes anyway. Just look up some guides on how to run tiles on youtube if you must, be ideally start practicing with nurse or spirit now because those are the only 2 killers you can consistently have a chance with. Killers like trapper, wraith, ghost face, clown etc there's an actual cap to how well you can perform. They simply don't have the power to take on 4 man groups and any killer player with thousands of hours experience will tell you this.
When playing as killer, even walking takes more skills than playing as survivor
As a basic M18 killer (Ghostface) on most loops you can simply use the red glow tech. Trust me, on high wall loops, moonwalking works 70% of the time.
But, to be honest, as a Ghostface, you shouldn't be commiting too much to chases if you haven't 99% your power. When I play Ghostface, I normally use the hit and run strategy. Basically, you bring Sloppy Butcher, Nurse's Calling, Thanatophobia and Pop Goes The Weasel. Then, instead of commiting to a chase to down them, you should hit them once and switch targets, taking advantage of when they are out positioned. Of course, you can try to down them if you think they are going to a weaker loop, but if they have a plan and start running to strong tiles, I think that you should give up and try to get someone else.
You already have a huge leg up on most new killers, being a high rank survivor yourself. Get into the survivors heads and predict them. Its rewarding.
Running every tile optimally and patrolling efficiently will get you 75% of the way there. I've done no power 4k challenges at rank 1 with Doc, Huntress, etc.
Killer is mostly time management and efficiency. Every unnecessary window vault you give because you rotated the wrong way at a jungle gym, every time you make a bad/inefficient patrol, etc., all adds up over the course of a trial.