New Perk meta???
I think once this patch goes through we'll be seeing some killers running hangman's to not deal with the newly buffed sabo but aside from that, I don't think the meta perks will actually change. Nurses calling will still be powerful, ruin will continue to get cleansed in the first 45 seconds, enduring will continue to amaze and then there's bbq which every killer will continue to run for the bp bonus. It seems as if there won't be any other meta perks. The same can be said for survivors too with self care, ds, iron will and and exhaustion perk. We'll also probably still see adrenaline, Borrowed Time, WGLF, and urban too. I love to run different builds but when others run the same thing every match it gets pretty stale, and I'm pretty sure the devs said they don't wan to see the same perks run every single match. Anyway I'm excited to see more perks get buffed so we can see much more variety.
Comments
But I'd like to see some ancient Perks leave the meta.
Eh? Honestly I think 2.2.0 introduced some nice variety for killers. Like you said, BBQ and Enduring are always going to be a staple until they add a different post-game BP multiplayer / looping + DS becomes less cancer, but having 2 staple perks on most killers (Enduring on Nurse is next to useless) isn't the worst thing in the world.
Still, the buffed Sloppy Butcher is strong and has found it's way into the meta. May be even stronger after the healing changes.
Then there's Spirit Fury, which joins Bamboozled, Enduring, and Brutal Strength in combating looping. Obviously you're not going to take all 4, since you'll probably want room for BBQ, so there's variety in choice.
And, of coarse there's still perks like Whispers, Ruin, and Nurse's Calling which are always nice and the Killer dependent perks like Distressing Doc, M&A Myers, and Shadowborne Nurse.
Overall, I think there's a lot of good meta perks and room for variety for Killers. Some people absolutely swear by Ruin, some don't. Loadouts beyond BBQ and Enduring are mostly preference. What they need to be working on is fixing the core mechanics of Killers / Survivors.
PS: You're also missing a lot of common meta perks for Survivor. Adrenaline, Borrowed Time, We'll Make It (even stronger next patch), Urban Evasion, and WGLF, etc, etc.
A Nurse's Calling will definitely be more prevalent after the patch. The increased heal time massively improves the usefulness of the ability even without running mangled. On the survivor side of things, Alert could actually be playable. I don't really see hangman's becoming meta though. More of a pocket pick if you see multiple toolboxes in the lobby.
BBQ offers too great of a reward to take out of my perks on any killer. I could care less about the aura reading and just want my stacks.
Sloppy butcher with nurses and the increased healing nerf will be interesting.
You mean Monitor and Abuse and Nurse's calling, right?
Depends on which killer i'm using if i would use Monitor and Abuse with it. Some don't need as much stealth they can close a gap quick others do need the surprise attack but you make a good point.
I think Botany Knowledge and Alert could enter the meta after 2.3
I use Botany Knowledge now 8-)
healing time with sloppy butcher and thanophobia will almost be in line with gen times 45-50 seconds or more, more people might pick up resilience or botany knowledge just to counter the nerfs.
Killer never had a meta as solid as the survivor.
ps:4th perk slot for me will be iron will (once I get the achievement "not today") or the new alert.