Community's Thoughts on MMR?
I wanted to know your thoughts on the newest MMR test?
How did it work for you on Killer? Survivor?
Do you think it's a good idea or a bad idea?
Personally, I played a lot of Legion and found it to be working pretty well. I have heard, both from my friends and from others on the Forums, that the Survivor-side of the MMR was having issues.
So, how did you find the MMR test?
Comments
Just played against a poor rank 18 trapper. Game was over in under 5 minutes, actually felt sorry for him. He didn't get a hook, just landed 3 hits all match and 1 of those was a protection hit.
It worked perfectly for me as killer I sadly didn't get to test it as survivor
MMR is off now though?
Kinda against the concept now after I've given it more thought
The intention behind the idea is solid. Good players vs good players, less experienced players have the breathing room they need instead of getting stomped
But DBD just isn't balanced for this kind of matchmaking. There's no incentive to want to actually get better if you know what awaits you is constant nurse/spirits or full on coordinated swf teams.
I'm trying not to be ignorant or cynical about it, I doubt it'll be that bad I just hope DBD stays as what it mostly is - a fun party game
I just want to be able to see my MMR :(
We've seen how bad the balance is and now all of the content creators that tried to downplay it and brag about streaks and how easy killer was are now realizing the writing is on the wall and saying it straight - you literally can not beat the best teams with any killer aside from 2 - Nurse and Spirit, and even Spirit isn't reliable.
The question is will Behaviour and the guys with their spreadsheets go to painstaking lengths to balance the game and fix all of the crippling issues? to bring 20+ killers up to a level where they can compete with the competitive survivor teams? will they fix the awful, heavily one sided maps? will they fix all of the stacked meta perks? or will they just slap in a half-baked MMR system, throw out a new cosmetic collection and call it a day?
If history has taught us anything....
As a survivor, it's great. All that time memeing around really paid off, all my teammates suck but so do my opponents so it's just chaotic and insane and I love it. Plus I suck so I fit right in. And also I have MoM/NM equipped every trial. Because all good players know that an escape is worth nothing unless you pull it off with mettle of mither.
As killer it's just awful. Everyone's just holding W and predropping pallets. I hate it. I hate everything about it. It's been a plague on AU servers for years, it's been the playstyle that drove me to main Slinger, then Blight. It's the biggest reason I learned Nurse and punishing it is my favourite part about playing Spirit and Blight. And under the mmr, instead of 2 out of 3 games, it's just every game. No exceptions unless I go play killers I almost never touch, like Bubba, Billy, Clown and Demo.
Actually, no, that's a big fat lie from me to you. Because when I play these killers I get no-perk rank 20's THAT DO THE SAME ######### THING
I absolutely loved it. As killer I went against survivors that knew what they were doing. Neither side was dominating the other we both struggled and the match felt like a stalemate for some time.
As survivor, for the most part I had teammates that did more than just hide all game however I noticed that we would start off well and then somehow our performance as a team would deteriorate drastically by the end, suddenly we were all rank 20s with 5 minutes of experience with the game. I suppose that reflects my play style as a survivor because by the end of a match I'm over it.
It was very accurate in matching me with people within my skill level, I enjoyed it a lot and definitely prefer it over what we have now.