why do some killers need addons just to not be trash when others don't?
example- trapper is terrible without any addons, but nurse still does well without them. demo needs that one brown addon. ghostface can barely use his power without addons. there's probably more i haven't mentioned.
but killers really shouldn't be relying on addons to actually have a chance. why does trapper have to travel to the other side of the map to pick up his traps and waste time? + the fact you need to bring the trapper bag just to carry multiple traps. that should just be in his base kit imo.
Comments
New change: Trapper now has a power gauge! Each trap set completely depletes it, you may only have four traps active at a time, and the gauge takes seventy seconds to recharge!
Edit: I'm clarifying, this's sarcastic--I'm aware that it's not a great change.
Still, the thought made me laugh, so I thought I'd share.don't give them ideas
Because Trapper is poor, so he has to pick his ######### up off the map because he can't afford his own. Didn't you watch Losing Colour's amazing guide? It's the #1 trapper information source out there!
https://youtu.be/KQydHp0C6Eg?t=49
Dear God, what have I done?
In all seriousness, I seriously dou--actually, I'm not going to tempt fate, point taken.
Mah boy Trapper deserves a high-end skin that displays a Gucci Bag when he has a bag add-on equipped.
Sounds like a horrible idea
Trapper needs an overheat meter tbh.
Bad game design
Kinda unfair comparing anything in this game with Nurse, but I get your point. Oni can do well without add-ons too. But the game is what it is, it took ages for the devs listen to the community and give the Bell Ghost windstorm as basekit... Maybe one day they'll do one favor and make bags basekit for the trappy boy?
I mean it's the same answer for most everything else in this game. It's just really unbalanced. I don't know how this game can be balanced so badly to have killers like Trapper when Nurse exists.
I actually have an answer for this, it's not intended. The devs have said that they want killers to be viable without add-ons, but they want people to run them. So basically, add-ons should improve a killer, but should be viable without them. See a pattern?
Unfortunately it didn't turn out that way, that's why they're trying to fix it. For example, wraith is getting a pretty good buff that won't make windstorm (I think, don't remember if that's the family of add-ons that give speed) a must have. They're doing add-on and killer passes in every killer, so trapper should get an addon change, after huntress and demo which were confirmed they're going to change
Why are killer addons in the game? I think we should answer that question, because I don't think BHVR knows, they certainly don't tell us.
So far their best function is Bloodweb-Fodder and a way to guarantee a win if you're having a bad day or something. A lot of this applies to survivor addons as well of course, and survivor items. Why not bring a purple medkit every chance you can get? It's up to the community to balance the game by choosing not to "try hard"...
Trapper is already pretty awesome. I love playing him. The only betterment I could see that wouldn’t greatly tilt the tide in his direction is to make the traps less RNG dependent. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve gotten traps spawned underneath Gens, or while picking up a trap, I just sank into the ground, and got stuck like the trap was sitting on top of some quicksand.
Its probably because the design for said killers are not very great, add-ons should improve the killers strength, and not be Rule no.2 on Pig that literally does more harm than good
Honestly that's what bothers me about killer add-ons as a whole some things like trapper carrying additional traps should be base kit. I hope what they start doing or what they are doing is looking at what add-ons are being most frequently selected and the outcome of said matches when they're taken.
It is kind of a mystery as to how it's supposed to indicate a change to the rules of the game, when all it really does is change nothing fundamental in the killer's playstyle.
Please fix some of Amanda's addons when you go for a pass, devs. Please.