so are high mmr players forced to play meta characters to win

sbmm has been on for less than a day and its so bullshit no counterplay at all. So i guess im forced to play spirit or nurse like ######### I DONT WANT TO PLAY SPIRIT OR NURSE

Comments

  • For what I noticed so far, if you're doing ok as killer, you'll get harder matches, but if not, you'll get easier ones (this I what I noticed from the streamer I'm watching).

    If that's the case, trying harder and harder will only get you harder trials. I wanna try playing Plague tonight and see what the outcome is. Maybe it's just coincidence what I've been seeing so far.

  • @JinSime said:

    For what I noticed so far, if you're doing ok as killer, you'll get harder matches, but if not, you'll get easier ones (this I what I noticed from the streamer I'm watching).

    If that's the case, trying harder and harder will only get you harder trials. I wanna try playing Plague tonight and see what the outcome is. Maybe it's just coincidence what I've been seeing so far.

    Sometimes it's nice to have an easier game to break up the tension in intensity. Why do they feel that we want super sweaty teams every single match?

  • each killer has their own separate MMR.

    so you shouldn't have to switch

  • i went against a 4 man swf who did 3 gens in 2 minutes. I hooked one and was camping because there was no other play. I opened the door next to me and the hook because they were holding me hostage. I didn't tunnel the person off the hook i injured someone else. I downed them right at the exit gate and they heal teched me so if i hit them they both escaped. I rage quit

  • get good don't tunnel; right

  • Killers have their own MMR rating. Plus, we don't know what exactly goes into the MMR concoction.

  • its kills i will bet all my organs

  • The more you play the more refined it should get. Just like the regular monthly reset your matches are going to be wonky for a bit. Just keep playing and don't worry about it so much

    Plus, as Weck said, your ranking is separate for each killer

  • @Beefmur said:

    its kills i will bet all my organs

    better pay up then

  • it cant be hooks because people kill themselves and it better not be pips because pips are literally a joke

  • if you sweat you go against sweaty survivors is fine the balance isnt fine

  • @Beefmur said:

    it cant be hooks because people kill themselves and it better not be pips because pips are literally a joke

    Have you ever considered the very slight possibility of it being a-

    [He gasps, followed by a dramatic whisper.]

    ...combination?

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2030964#Comment_2030964

    Have you ever considered the very slight possibility of it being a-

    [He gasps, followed by a dramatic whisper.]

    ...combination?

    Especially since they said a version of their mmr which only looked at kills vs escapes never even survived to go live.

  • moral of my post mmr at high rank makes me sad because i dont want to play spirit or nurse

  • @Beefmur said:

    if you sweat you go against sweaty survivors is fine the balance isnt fine

    I'd ask if you're okay because that sentence makes no sense, but I know from experience that you're not okay. I hope you feel better soon.


    I question if MMR is on, because I had eight back-to-back matches with Amanda last night (getting rid of her bloodpoint offerings before prestige, but that's not the point), all of which were against red ranks clearly above my skill level. No hooks, less than 10k BP every match, generators done in less than six minutes every time.

    At some point I should be going against people who aren't legitimate high-tier red ranks, right? No getting ran for ninety-some seconds while three generators pop simultaneously, yeah? No? No.

    So how many matches do I have to sit in a corner before I can actually play the game in a way that's not ineffectually running around the map chasing people off gens for six minutes before going around breaking pallets while the survivors go work their glutes in the exit gates at full health?

  • @CryptFriend said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2030966#Comment_2030966

    I'd ask if you're okay because that sentence makes no sense, but I know from experience that you're not okay. I hope you feel better soon.

    I question if MMR is on, because I had eight back-to-back matches with Amanda last night (getting rid of her bloodpoint offerings before prestige, but that's not the point), all of which were against red ranks clearly above my skill level. No hooks, less than 10k BP every match, generators done in less than six minutes every time.

    At some point I should be going against people who aren't legitimate high-tier red ranks, right? No getting ran for ninety-some seconds while three generators pop simultaneously, yeah? No? No.

    So how many matches do I have to sit in a corner before I can actually play the game in a way that's not ineffectually running around the map chasing people off gens for six minutes before going around breaking pallets while the survivors go work their glutes in the exit gates at full health?

    if it makes you feel better, they only just turned it on for MM purposes at like 2pm EST today. Before that it was good ol' pip-and-pray, which is when your Pig games would've taken place.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2031017#Comment_2031017

    if it makes you feel better, they only just turned it on for MM purposes at like 2pm EST today. Before that it was good ol' pip-and-pray, which is when your Pig games would've taken place.

    Kinda, actually, yeah.

    Still disgusting, but maybe I'll actually get more than two games where I'm not just an interactive spectator.