Black Lock Keys shouldn't be in the game.
Title. They're just not fun and ruin otherwise fun games.
Title. They're just not fun and ruin otherwise fun games.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Why do you think they ruin games?
Same could be said for Ebony Mori's.
Pretty sure you've complained about both those things, but I'm not completely certain.
can people stay on topic for once. yes killer has some stupid stuff. but the discussion is about the black lock keys.
Can you answer my question?
What´s the difference between black locks and dark locks btw?
At any time during the match, people can leave. If the killer is doing well and the survivor is like this is lost, they just leave, which ruins the game for the killer (which matters. they are a player in the video game).
Also if the survivor doesn't think the team they're on is good for whatever reason, can open the lock and ditch them, which is also not good.
Anything that ends the game prematurely is just bad game design. It abruptly halts the flow of the match in an un-fun way for a lot of the time.
The hatch only spawns when the number of repaired generators exceeds the number of Survivors still in the trial. This means that if the Killer is doing well - let's say two people dead - the Survivors would need to have repaired three generators.
I've never had a team use a key on me before. So I don't really think that this could be that big of an issue. This might happen once every 500 games? I'm not sure on the stats. I think there's just a lot of other things that are busted and actually make an appearance in the game.
I've said that they are annoying, but never asked to remove them. Feel free to check my comments
You can lobby dodge them if you want
I RARELY have matches where someone actually gets to use their key, and when they do it doesnt upset me lol, Most of the time only one person gets out anyways.
I 100% disagree with original poster. Black keys are fun and make for more exciting games. If anything, there should be more options for survivors to escape. Not less.
Swf? Dodge
The got a key? Dodge
I reached rank 5? Derank to have fun
How do they ruin it though?
-4 escape via Key? Well the gates are already powered, and you lost since 4 are still alive. It's extremely rare anyways. Unless your build is all end game, it's not really changing a whole lot.
-3 Escape? Well you got 1k, that's not great but whatever. Survivors managed to get 4 gens done. Sucks, but hey better luck next time.
-2 Escape? Darn that sucks, but it was probably super tense/exciting for them. You still got a 2k, still a win imo.
-1 escape? Well, they don't even really need the key in that case... unless it was a quick escape while the other is on the hook. Could be pretty clutch if you're right on top of them and they stumble across it mid-chase. Again, you still won even if it isn't a 4k.
Keys can provide for exciting and clutch moments as a survivor. It's still pretty rare that they're actually useful. I fail to see how they ruin anything, in any case it's already game over for one side or the other, except the rare instance of 1 escaping via hatch before it's actually opened (someone still alive/in struggle) and again, you still got a 3k so...
Lets be honest Fox, you would just sleep through the game anyways
And i would still get points!!! Nerf Vietfox!
#WWLFD
What Would LeatherFace Do?
At any time during the match, the killer can just down a survivor and end them right on the spot.
Also if the killer thinks the team they’re up against is good for whatever reason, they can camp, tunnel and mori them or better yet DC which is also not good.
it’s unfun. I am kindly asking you to not give me the “stay on topic” bs because of contradiction.
shame on you @Vietfox that is the LeatherFace Mafia's new motto
I’m just stating facts that’s contradicting to what this guy is complaining about.
There’s a certain amount of survivors that need to be alive in order the for hatch to spawn, so he would have to at least kill one survivor unless he sucks at killer. He sounds like he’s one of those killers that think they’re entitled to 4K just about every game but I’m not going to peg him in with those types of killers just yet.
He can just bring FD or like you said, camp and tunnel. I honestly don’t see it as a big deal.
I haven't even commented in this thread, he simply can't keep my name out of his mouth, loooool.
It's funny because I've not spoken to a single person from this forum out of the forum, yet you can see they follow each other around upvoting each other malicious comments, where as I get "Lold" despite answering someones question.
They mistook @SenzuDuck for me as well, lol.
I'd gladly give up Moris for Dull and Skeleton Keys.
The “LOL” reaction is a 50/50 friendly laugh or insultingly laugh button.
You two have the same avatar and talked alike so I figured y’all were buds or something, I don’t blame anyone else who thought the same either.
I'm the drunk one and @SenzuDuck is the sober one
Basically, it's fine to attack me, but whenever I get into a conversation with one of "them" they literally all dive in and I have to juggle 3/4 conversations at once.
Racial tension.
Yes I dont care anymore
Personally I dont dodge key, but if OP hates them so much, thats what he can do against them
green key best key
First they have to do at least 2 gens to even spawn the hatch. Then they have to do +1 gen for each survivor still alive to spawn hatch so they can use the key. Then they need to find the hatch when it isn't open. "Leave at any time" LMAO
So then this guy should die because they have really bad teammates? Why should he be obligate to stay and help anyone if he can just escape?
Either focus on killing the guy with the key first, use Franklin's, or just accept the guy brought a rare item to escape.
Salty killers man...
That is exactly why they shouldn't be removed. They are already in the game. Once in a blue moon they get actually used. Why waste any effort changing them? If it's not broke, don't fix it.
Key escapes are way too rare to even complain about.
Opinion thread.
I enjoy it WAY more than boring (pallet) loops, getting DS'd and then more boring (pallet) loops...per Survivor.