AMAZING PERK CONCEPT

This perk concept is designed for killers who camp, I think this perk would be quite powerful but in a balanced way.

Perk : Desperate Link

When your on the hook in the dying phase, Desperate Link activates. If the killer is within 16 / 20 / 24 meters of you when your unhooked, the killer is stunned for 5 seconds.

This perk deactivates when all the generators are done.

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    What if your teammate is being chased in close proximity to the hook though? Do you play killer?

    I do, that's why I said struggle phase. Although my design needs work, I have thought about both sides. Also, that's the teammates fault. If it's in the struggle phase, then the survivor is probably going after you. If they do then the killer is stunned. 5 seconds is a bit much, I'll make it 3 seconds.

  • A 5s stun is definitely too much.

    I'd go for a reverse Borrowed Time though, give the person who is unhooking you 5 seconds of Endurance.

  • There just needs to be a perk that blinds killers if they're in a certain radius of a hooked survivor for about 4 seconds. (Blind, not stun). It'd be activatable and with some kind of cooldown.

    Though I will say there's something satisfying about coordinating an unhook with another teammate in solo queue, and both getting two unhooks.

  • The unhooked survivor should be invisible for the killer for like... 6 seconds if he gets unhooked within 12 meters.

  • I'm trying to create a "perk" which counters killers who camp. This was just a basic idea, I'll think of a better redesign. The blind idea is pretty cool though, the name will have to change though.

  • @Seraphor said:

    A 5s stun is definitely too much.

    I'd go for a reverse Borrowed Time though, give the person who is unhooking you 5 seconds of Endurance.

    No, frak off with that borrowed time 1.0 lite.

    We had it and it was stupidly overpowered.

    Don't unhook in front of the camping Killer if you are not willing to trade a hook if he doesn't go for the unhooked guy with BT.


    OP's suggestion is also extremely flawed without any thought put into how that would work in a bigger picture.

    It would be once again abused by survivors for free escapes, as was the anti camping system that stopped hook progress, it was abused by survivors, even if a killer wasn't camping in the first place.



    Should there be a way to punish killers who camp hooks?

    Maybe, but do it with a gen progression buff that isn't directly connected to the proximity of the hooked guy, as it is prone to abuse/exploiting by survivors.

  • @PureHostility said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2025516#Comment_2025516

    No, frak off with that borrowed time 1.0 lite.

    We had it and it was stupidly overpowered.

    Don't unhook in front of the camping Killer if you are not willing to trade a hook if he doesn't go for the unhooked guy with BT.

    OP's suggestion is also extremely flawed without any thought put into how that would work in a bigger picture.

    It would be once again abused by survivors for free escapes, as was the anti camping system that stopped hook progress, it was abused by survivors, even if a killer wasn't camping in the first place.

    Should there be a way to punish killers who camp hooks?

    Maybe, but do it with a gen progression buff that isn't directly connected to the proximity of the hooked guy, as it is prone to abuse/exploiting by survivors.

    Well I did suggest 5s, not the 20s of BT, and it would apply to the survivor as they were unhooking, so including the unhook animation. That's effectively only 2s of true 'immunity' as it would prevent a grab off the hook. 2s isn't insurmountable for the killer to catch up and down that survivor, but it would prevent unhook interrupts and secure a 'trade' instead of a failed unhook, at the cost of a perk slot.