BHVR inplemented a MMR system in the background secretly.
I noticed this recently and searched for more info and came upon Scott Junds video about this topic too.
As a Killer, Whenever you lose or entity is displeased in the next match you will go up against weaker survivors, but if you win (Ruthless and Merciless) you go against good survivors and if you win against good survivors, the next trial you'll go against depip squads 100%.
Anyone else can confirm here that this is their recent experience? This made staying/climbing to Rank 1 on Killer fairly hard but I gotta be honest though I kinda like going against good survivor and not potatoes most of the time but not so much against the depip squad that can finish 5 gens in 5 mins. Just a speculations as when I lost to those depip squads I always get good survivors but if I lose to those good survivor I go up against potatoes, and this cycle happens 100% in experience.
Comments
I also have this feeling.
They said that they are working on an MMR based matchmaking system, so it is not a secret.
When they say it is not turned on, I think they mean it is not officially and permanently turned on. Most likely for testing purposes they turn it on sometimes.
I feel like it on 100% of the time when Im playing.
It definitely feels that way. When I play clown I get pretty good survivors but played pig for a daily and got potatoes
I kinda feel you are right. I've been playing lot of Nurse games lately and usually end up against purple-red ranks.
But yesterday i played as Wraith / Trapper, who i didn't play for a long time (1 month at least) and i didn't get a single purple player, only green yellow or brown.
It's not on
When it will be turned on, we'll communicate that - as we have done in the past. But it's not used for matchmaking currently.
Is this the official answer? I can't find a source.
This fast reply from MandyTalk is suspicious :D
What I think: They are still working on it, because it is not perfect, but to test it they have to often turn it on, or turn it on for a subset of users. But they can't admit that they are doing it, because all the outrage it could generate from the players that like to complain about everything.
With the amount of nonsensical theory crafting going on recently, I'm going to come out of this rich!