NOED change

Many people say it isn't fair as it rewards bad gameplay. I, myself, never had isssues with it, but I thought a bit on what could be done so it is based on how good you are, not how good your enemies are.

So here are the changes I would make:

•Hex: No One Escapes Death is no longer a hex (name should be changed of course)

•For every hooked survivor before the last generator is complete or the hatch is closed, you get 1 token.

•For every token, you get 20/25/30 seconds of use on No One Escapes Death, once it activates.

•No One Escapes Death activates once the last generator has been completed or the hatch has been closed.

For the rest, it still gives haste and exposed statuses.

Tell me what you think about this.

Comments

  • Nah, it should be a hex since the counter play there would just be to hide in the end game.

    I think it should instead only expose those who've been hooked at least once. That way it doesn't reward bad play, but rewards good play instead.

  • Just leave the perk the way it is. I used to be very against NOED but i’m okay with it now, it makes the endgame more interesting.

  • @KingFrost said:

    Nah, it should be a hex since the counter play there would just be to hide in the end game.

    I think it should instead only expose those who've been hooked at least once. That way it doesn't reward bad play, but rewards good play instead.

    Except you won't know the killer has it untill someone is downed. If you just hide during end game, then the guy he caught is probably at least in 2nd hook state. So, afterall, you would still have to do stuff.

  • I've heard other ideas that I like better.

    A really good one I've heard is every time you get a hit with NOED active, it breaks the active totem and moves to an available dull totem kind of like old undying. So it's based on how many totems the survivors did that match instead of relying on if literally all 5 were done or not.

  • I would say:

    "For every different Survivor you put on a hook before the gates are powered, you get 1 token. Once the exit gates are powered, all Survivors are Exposed. Every normal hit on an Exposed Survivor removes a token. When all tokens are used, the Survivors are no longer Exposed."

    This would make the max Exposed hits 4, require the Killer to work for it, and give them time and leniency at the end to use those hits as they wish.

  • @StibbityStabbity said:

    I would say:

    "For every different Survivor you put on a hook before the gates are powered, you get 1 token. Once the exit gates are powered, all Survivors are Exposed. Every normal hit on an Exposed Survivor removes a token. When all tokens are used, the Survivors are no longer Exposed."

    This would make the max Exposed hits 4, require the Killer to work for it, and give them time and leniency at the end to use those hits as they wish.

    Generaly, ideas based on this hook to get token mechanic would really remove that unfairness factor. I like your idea pretty much too.

  • The only change I've seen that I like is if there is a remaining dull totem it will become NOED totem - survivors that cleansed totems during the match don't suffer from exposed status, exits are blocked like with Blood Warden until NOED totem is cleansed. Encourages all survivors to do a totems and no one will escape until they cleanse the NOED totem if they missed one.

  • Then why would survivors do bones? This change would only make gens fly even faster. NOED should be buffed instead so survivors also focus on totems aswell. But give survivors a totem counter also.

  • It's literally just a one hit down end game perk that can be avoided and even dealt with quickly if your team's collective IQ is great than 0.1.

    There are already killers that have a one hit down ability as their base kit which only takes a few seconds to charge up and use.

  • So, afterall, people are ok with it, but always complain. I also don't care, I just had an idea and was curious to see what others think.

  • NOED needs a rework but I don't think this one is it. Have a read if Otz' rework. It was something like a token per unique hooked survivor that has infinite time to be used end game. Can't remember if it was to stay hex or not. There needs not be a timer because survivors will just hide it out.