Hug's traps trigerring affecting survivor's camera.
Hello everyone. I am a survivor player, using a controller. There is a huge problem with running away from a Hug and triggering her trap - whenever it happens my camera just turns towards her phantasm. It hurts a lot, especcialy if I was looking behind myself, trying to predict killer's behaviour. I just loosing focus and it alywas guarantees a free hit for her. There is nothing I can do to prevent this. Can you change this, so camera does not being affected triggering Hug's phantasms anymore. Thank you.
Comments
Hm, I could've sworn I read this same exact thread some time ago. Could this be an alt?
Working as intended
I bet it is, 1 posts and the wording has been similar too if I remember correctly
Well, actually i just a guy who doesn't post threads unless it's complete necceccary. English is not my native, so I make mistakes.
About "working as intended" - I just posted my opinion about this mechanic. I agree about red stain and terror radius, but forcing my camera to turn just disrupts my game - every time Hug is chasing me - I can't "crouch" - I am running away towards a window and triggering a trap and my camera turns around forcing me to just run the other way (I remind you that I play on a controller). And turn my camera back makes so long that make me really helpless. I think phantasm should not forcing my actions. It's the similar if Hug just take my controller away from me for 0.5 seconds or so.
It's part of the killer's power, you just need to learn to play around it.
Yeah, there was a thread about this, but instead of affecting survivor's camera was about killer's camera.
I could be wrong, and correct me if i am, but isn't the disorientation there to make up for the hag being slower in a chase than a majority of the killers?
Do what others have done, adapt. Half of learning how to Hag is learning how to make traps do that intentionally. If you're going against a Hag, expect traps to disorient you. Thats what they're designed to do.
Can you honestly tell me that if something like that popped up right next to you, you wouldn't react at all? You'd just tra-la-la through the forest and ignore it? No, you wouldn't. It would scare the crap out of you, especially knowing that a disfigured monster might leap out of it and eat you.
As for game balance, "oh, but she can teleport" isn't even valid. She can ONLY teleport to a triggered trap, she had to have predicted your movement and placed the trap in advance, and quite often she ends up facing the wrong way. The Nurse can teleport, the Hag only jumps between triggered traps.
EDIT: My Hag wants to be called "Hug" from now on.
I was trying to think of a way to word this, but yeah, you pretty much sum it up.
Not if she is using the mint rag addon
PS: yeah, the hag is fine as it is right now.
The traps are supposed to turn your camera. That's the whole point.
How to Counter/Deal With It:
Run at the trap dead-on, or adjust your movements so that you aren't crashing into objects.
As a Hag, you have the option of body blocking with your traps/teleports, or camera pulling. Personally, I favor body blocking because there isn't anything a survivor can do about that when it comes to windows and pallets, but some prefer pulling your trajectory to crash you into a wall/object beside the window/pallet. I, personally, find this method is only good if you're already close to them.
yeah but on pc you can imediatley move your mouse a little and it turn your screen unlike on console where you have to hold the joy stick to turn
Camera limitations on console also apply to the Killer. With a little bit of forethought (i.e.: looking where you're going before the trap goes off), you can keep moving more or less in the right direction while you adjust the camera.
I never have a problem running away from a Hug, in fact I have never been Hugged since childhood all the way to adulthood because of how good I am at avoiding them. I also find they rarely try to come to me...
I used to think I was lagging especially when she set EIGHT traps at the exit gate and somehow I get sucked back 10 feet from the exit gate.
Well acutally I have several suggestions:
1. Don't affect survivor's camera while in chase mode
OR
2. Move turning survivor's camera feature to addons
^ this
I wish we would get crossplatform matchmaking....