The “Fake Grab”
Going in to grab someone used to either grab them or hit them, but recently Ive been grabbing, having the animation cut, and not even getting a hit, ruining what ahould have been a quick hook
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
yup the game denied me my grab here

This happens to me more often than actually getting the grab. It's such a pain in the ass.
It happened yesterday when someone hopped a pallet directly at me. The animation cut, my character attacked instead and ######### missed...
Happened to me yesterday only once so far. I had the grab animation on a window vaulting survivor but i didn't grab him. So seems definitely buggish.
This happened to me as the Spirit, but I figured it was just lag and ignored it.
It's pretty common on consoles
I thought it was a lag because of the peer to peer. I didn't realize it was a bug.
Yeah I was grabbing someone from a gen once, and in the same moment they finished the gen and sprint bursted away. I got stuck there until I started hitting random buttons. Apparently hitting m1 again fixed it, but that survivor was long gone by the time I figured it out.
I feel like this is one of those issues they say they can't really do anything about though, I don't know how you'd be able to make it not happen, its like a weird lag issue that is only really a problem on console with its frame skip
I've never seen this. Is this only on console? O_O
This has happened to me before. It's BS and needs to be fixed. Do the devs want to Survivors to basically have a second DS?
Its not new. It happens very often from long time ago.. and yes it's a very annoying desync issue. Waiting for a fix too