PC players disrespect Console players, but don't realize what people on console have been through.

Not all PC players talk bad about Console people, but there's certain people on PC who act like their platform is the better of the two in terms of "skill". Yes Dead By Daylight came to your platform first, but that doesn't give you any right to talk bad about another platform just cause you embrace an elitist attitude. People who play on console have been through a lot, and yet PC people tend to ignore that. Don't believe me, well I can name quite a list of things.

Horrible optimization - This will always be the biggest issue for console people, the worst fps drop I ever experienced was at least 10 fps with Doctor when the Stranger Things chapter came out. You're literally playing a powerpoint presentation, meanwhile a game like Rocket League runs at an incredible 60 fps on console for PS4. Also the DBD tutorial runs at 60 fps, why can the base game not do that?

Horrible sensitivity - 360's were terrible to hit before the sensitivity increase because you literally couldn't turn your camera fast enough in the direction the survivor was going to hit them. Which lead to a lot of people being insulted for being juked thanks to terrible sensitivity..

Console feedback - This is something I want to point out because it's hard for us console people to give feedback on certain things because we get ignored quite a bit.

Killers being handicapped - Everyone who plays on console knows how awful it feels at times to play Blight, since your turn rate is reduced massively and thus making it harder to do things that PC players can do with Blight. Oni was terrible to play on release for console because you couldn't even turn at all when trying to Demon Dash, thankfully this was addressed and fixed and hopefully something will be done for console Blight's.

Toxicity - PC players can act like they've experienced toxicity worse, but at least you can hide you're little chat box to not see toxic comments. Meanwhile us console people have to go into our privacy settings, and make our messages private and change our friend request settings so we don't have to deal with the endless barrage of toxic comments. Also I generally believe that console toxicity is worse than PC personally.

So yeah if you're gonna insult console people, at least acknowledge the amount of stress we've been through before you insult our platform. At least us console players don't stretch our screens out for advantages, at least we don't use Surround Sound to give us easier Spirit matches, at least we don't put macros on our flashlights to annoy people, at least we don't abuse exploits that aren't allowed in game. I know we don't have the resources to do any of this stuff, but I'm just Saiyan. In terms of skill I think we match up with you PC players pretty good, not at Blight but with other killers and survivor definitely.

Rant over.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Enjoyed having you there! I'll probably stream again later tonight.

  • Wait, how does everyone here know that they're going against PC or console players in the first place? I thought the globe icon just tells you they're on a different platform, not console or PC. So you could be on Xbox, see a globe icon, and that person is on PS4, or play on Steam and the globe icon would be for the weirdo playing on the Windows Store. Correct me if I'm wrong on this.

  • @Mysterynovus said:

    Wait, how does everyone here know that they're going against PC or console players in the first place? I thought the globe icon just tells you they're on a different platform, not console or PC. So you could be on Xbox, see a globe icon, and that person is on PS4, or play on Steam and the globe icon would be for the weirdo playing on the Windows Store. Correct me if I'm wrong on this.

    I mean,if i see a player with the name "Mori Me Myers" then i'm gonna assume that that's a PC player

  • For real, the lack of optimisation kills me, playing Ghostieboy & dropping to 3 frames a second when you swing at survivors is brutal.

  • Wow...

    As a PC player, this is a REALLY good take. Well done.

  • @ClownIsUnderrated said:

    Not all PC players talk bad about Console people, but there's certain people on PC who act like their platform is the better of the two in terms of "skill". Yes Dead By Daylight came to your platform first, but that doesn't give you any right to talk bad about another platform just cause you embrace an elitist attitude. People who play on console have been through a lot, and yet PC people tend to ignore that. Don't believe me, well I can name quite a list of things.

    Horrible optimization - This will always be the biggest issue for console people, the worst fps drop I ever experienced was at least 10 fps with Doctor when the Stranger Things chapter came out. You're literally playing a powerpoint presentation, meanwhile a game like Rocket League runs at an incredible 60 fps on console for PS4. Also the DBD tutorial runs at 60 fps, why can the base game not do that?

    Horrible sensitivity - 360's were terrible to hit before the sensitivity increase because you literally couldn't turn your camera fast enough in the direction the survivor was going to hit them. Which lead to a lot of people being insulted for being juked thanks to terrible sensitivity..

    Console feedback - This is something I want to point out because it's hard for us console people to give feedback on certain things because we get ignored quite a bit.

    Killers being handicapped - Everyone who plays on console knows how awful it feels at times to play Blight, since your turn rate is reduced massively and thus making it harder to do things that PC players can do with Blight. Oni was terrible to play on release for console because you couldn't even turn at all when trying to Demon Dash, thankfully this was addressed and fixed and hopefully something will be done for console Blight's.

    Toxicity - PC players can act like they've experienced toxicity worse, but at least you can hide you're little chat box to not see toxic comments. Meanwhile us console people have to go into our privacy settings, and make our messages private and change our friend request settings so we don't have to deal with the endless barrage of toxic comments. Also I generally believe that console toxicity is worse than PC personally.

    So yeah if you're gonna insult console people, at least acknowledge the amount of stress we've been through before you insult our platform. At least us console players don't stretch screen our screens out for advantages, at least we don't use Surround Sound to give us easier Spirit matches, at least we don't put macros on our flashlights to annoy people, at least we don't abuse exploits that aren't allowed in game. I know we don't have the resources to do any of this stuff, but I'm just Saiyan. In terms of skill I think we match up with you PC players pretty good, not at Blight but at with other killers and survivor definitely.

    Rant over.

    a point about toxicity is you could leave the game and if you don't want to mute stuff, people would just send you messages during your games. Pain in the ass

  • Most good survivors I play against on PC are console players. Just saiyan

  • How to be disrespect though? It's not like they can see the end game chat.

    And i believe most of the people here don't really mean disrespect towards console players, especially killers. Sure some people here complain how console player sucks, but those posts are just rants and meaningless.

  • @ClownIsUnderrated said:

    Not all PC players talk bad about Console people, but there's certain people on PC who act like their platform is the better of the two in terms of "skill". Yes Dead By Daylight came to your platform first, but that doesn't give you any right to talk bad about another platform just cause you embrace an elitist attitude. People who play on console have been through a lot, and yet PC people tend to ignore that. Don't believe me, well I can name quite a list of things.

    Horrible optimization - This will always be the biggest issue for console people, the worst fps drop I ever experienced was at least 10 fps with Doctor when the Stranger Things chapter came out. You're literally playing a powerpoint presentation, meanwhile a game like Rocket League runs at an incredible 60 fps on console for PS4. Also the DBD tutorial runs at 60 fps, why can the base game not do that?

    Horrible sensitivity - 360's were terrible to hit before the sensitivity increase because you literally couldn't turn your camera fast enough in the direction the survivor was going to hit them. Which lead to a lot of people being insulted for being juked thanks to terrible sensitivity..

    Console feedback - This is something I want to point out because it's hard for us console people to give feedback on certain things because we get ignored quite a bit.

    Killers being handicapped - Everyone who plays on console knows how awful it feels at times to play Blight, since your turn rate is reduced massively and thus making it harder to do things that PC players can do with Blight. Oni was terrible to play on release for console because you couldn't even turn at all when trying to Demon Dash, thankfully this was addressed and fixed and hopefully something will be done for console Blight's.

    Toxicity - PC players can act like they've experienced toxicity worse, but at least you can hide you're little chat box to not see toxic comments. Meanwhile us console people have to go into our privacy settings, and make our messages private and change our friend request settings so we don't have to deal with the endless barrage of toxic comments. Also I generally believe that console toxicity is worse than PC personally.

    So yeah if you're gonna insult console people, at least acknowledge the amount of stress we've been through before you insult our platform. At least us console players don't stretch screen our screens out for advantages, at least we don't use Surround Sound to give us easier Spirit matches, at least we don't put macros on our flashlights to annoy people, at least we don't abuse exploits that aren't allowed in game. I know we don't have the resources to do any of this stuff, but I'm just Saiyan. In terms of skill I think we match up with you PC players pretty good, not at Blight but at with other killers and survivor definitely.

    Rant over.

    Good post. :)

    The people who hink that consolre players are worse generally just ignore their experiences with bad pc players to form this stereotype.

    The game just harder to play on a controller it does not make the player worse.

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2019362#Comment_2019362

    I mean,if i see a player with the name "Mori Me Myers" then i'm gonna assume that that's a PC player

    This.

    I get players called things like ‘Cum Dumpster’ and ‘HEX: Anal’ so I think it’s safe to say they’re on PC lol. I also play with and against a lot of TTV and you can see if they’re on PC or not by them having the chat box. And if I’m really curious I’ll search the persons username followed by ‘Steam’ and if they’re on PC, it brings up their Steam profile. 🙊

  • I'm going to be "that guy".

    I don't mind playing with console players at all. I really don't. That said, I can see a console player playing on a console. Their movements in particular sets them apart. PC players are capable of extremely tight movement, basically turning on a dime or switching directions multiple times rapidly. PC players also have that jerky strafe from tapping ADADADADAD as they move to avoid incoming hits and line up with LoS break while looking behind themselves and maintaining a mostly straight (though a touch jagged) line away from the Killer. In the case that the Killer is console, you can see how they handle tighter parts of loops, basically going wide and swinging into it like a car that is fishtailing or drifting a bit, while PC Killers hug the outline of the collision box as if they were tracing it out, looking around rapidly to keep an eye on things and probably see if a mindgame can be had. PC players have a much higher capability of very specific movement that I often see do well for them. Not always, and sometimes it even makes the Killer target them for being a pain to land a hit on, but it's there. From a casual perspective, it doesn't really amount to much. From a competitive perspective, it does.

    I'm not saying console players are bad. Not at all. I've played with some really good ones, and against some pretty good ones. I honestly respect what they can do with the limitations they are working under. However, those limitations are there, and a PC mustard rice can pretty easily spot it in a crowd. That one Dwight, that one right there, ya, him. No, the other one. Ya, that one. He's playing on console. Ya, the one that Quentin is moonwalking circles around. The Quentin is just a PC showboater, but that Dwight? Ya, he's playing on a controller. A good console player can play around those limitations to do the best with what they have. PC players don't have those limitations, and as a result, don't play around anything. They play through it.

    I guess my point, if I have one (other than to be a bit of a party pooper, but that party wasn't going to poop itself... or was it?) is that I can totally respect the player behind the console. However, I have a peak expectation of what that console player is capable of through the sheer limitation of the console. That peak expectation simply isn't as high as it is for PC. It's NOT a diss on the player, rather what they are playing on. A professional racer is going to race better in a race car than in my neighbors sedan. Mostly cuz I set their sedan on fire. They took my parking space. But you get what I mean.

  • @ClownIsUnderrated said:

    Not all PC players talk bad about Console people, but there's certain people on PC who act like their platform is the better of the two in terms of "skill". Yes Dead By Daylight came to your platform first, but that doesn't give you any right to talk bad about another platform just cause you embrace an elitist attitude. People who play on console have been through a lot, and yet PC people tend to ignore that. Don't believe me, well I can name quite a list of things.

    Horrible optimization - This will always be the biggest issue for console people, the worst fps drop I ever experienced was at least 10 fps with Doctor when the Stranger Things chapter came out. You're literally playing a powerpoint presentation, meanwhile a game like Rocket League runs at an incredible 60 fps on console for PS4. Also the DBD tutorial runs at 60 fps, why can the base game not do that?

    Horrible sensitivity - 360's were terrible to hit before the sensitivity increase because you literally couldn't turn your camera fast enough in the direction the survivor was going to hit them. Which lead to a lot of people being insulted for being juked thanks to terrible sensitivity..

    Console feedback - This is something I want to point out because it's hard for us console people to give feedback on certain things because we get ignored quite a bit.

    Killers being handicapped - Everyone who plays on console knows how awful it feels at times to play Blight, since your turn rate is reduced massively and thus making it harder to do things that PC players can do with Blight. Oni was terrible to play on release for console because you couldn't even turn at all when trying to Demon Dash, thankfully this was addressed and fixed and hopefully something will be done for console Blight's.

    Toxicity - PC players can act like they've experienced toxicity worse, but at least you can hide you're little chat box to not see toxic comments. Meanwhile us console people have to go into our privacy settings, and make our messages private and change our friend request settings so we don't have to deal with the endless barrage of toxic comments. Also I generally believe that console toxicity is worse than PC personally.

    So yeah if you're gonna insult console people, at least acknowledge the amount of stress we've been through before you insult our platform. At least us console players don't stretch our screens out for advantages, at least we don't use Surround Sound to give us easier Spirit matches, at least we don't put macros on our flashlights to annoy people, at least we don't abuse exploits that aren't allowed in game. I know we don't have the resources to do any of this stuff, but I'm just Saiyan. In terms of skill I think we match up with you PC players pretty good, not at Blight but with other killers and survivor definitely.

    Rant over.

    Thank you! I don't understand why so many people are toxic toward console players. Honestly there are players on both sides who don't know how to properly play or who are toxic. I was a console player for years and recently switched to pc but it shows I'm on console, so I'll get into lobbies sometimes and immediately see things like cOnsOlE pLeB or have people say I won't do gens or save people. It's frustrating how stereotypical people can be.

  • I will be honest my only regret cross playing against PC and Xbox players is I cannot receive hate mail from them... Saddens me a bit, when I am gutting people like pigs and hanging them from hooks and I cannot hear them cry about it like PS players. I deserve proper feedback it is not fair :(

1 2 3 ›