Having trouble with 'Spilling Blood' challenge

I've played six games of killer so far and I'm only at 1/3 golden Devout emblems. I feel like there's a few things working against you in this challenge:

  • You have to play nice, making sure you're far away from the hook so that survivors actually get rescued so you can hook them again.
  • Because of this, survivors are alive longer than they would have been had you played smart / evil. This means they can do generators and possibly escape, in which case you also don't get the number of hooks required.
  • Finally, survivors that delete themselves on first hook or straight up disconnect (like they did when I tried to use Freddy), also ruin your emblem.

Or maybe I just suck at killer. If anyone has any tips for this challenge, I'd greatly appreciate it. I'd like to move on to the other killer challenges but this one's blocking the way...

Edit: I forgot to mention the hatch can also rob you of a final hook / sacrifice. :(

Comments

  • What's the challenge itself?

  • @Pilot said:

    What's the challenge itself?

    Get 3 gold or better devout emblems

  • It only took me the minimum three games, I got three 12 hook games in a row though so it was quite lucky

  • @Chchchcheryl said:

    It only took me the minimum three games, I got three 12 hook games in a row though so it was quite lucky

    I guess I just have to keep trying. :p It's just that I constantly face red ranks now and they often outplay me.

  • @Gylfie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2015154#Comment_2015154

    I guess I just have to keep trying. :p It's just that I constantly face red ranks now and they often outplay me.

    Yeah just practice my guy, if I can get twelve hooks against a red rank team as Wraith or Plague you can too :))

  • Yep. Its a Bullshit challenge...I got a 3K and still got Silver..total Horseshit.

  • Just try to get as many hooks spread around as possible, a good practice to be far away from hooks is using Devour Hope, so then you know the distance thanks to the perk icon and you also get Devour's benifits, just don't use the mori aspect though

  • Yeah I don't like the challenge myself. I had a game where I got 10 hooks and it still didn't give me gold. Very frustrating. I think the killers emblems need some major tweaking overall though.


    For this challenge you have to actively allow unhooks. You have to spread the love and actively tunnel that one survivor who is being smart enough to not run out in the open all the time before finishing more than one survivor. That is probably my least favorite challenge in the tomes so far