Hex Perk Rework - I think never proposed before

Short:

Rework that removes Hex Perks dependency of ONE totem but makes them dependend on all FIVE totems and makes their intensity dependend on the amaount of totems ingame.

LONG:

The effect of some hex are very strong on the one hand but on the other hand they may be destroyed 20 sec into the game.

I suggest reworking every single Hex perk to have their intensitiy dependend on the amount of Hex Totems with decreased power the lower totems there are in the match.

Example 1: Hex: Ruin

If I am correct right now it reverts of 200% of the normal regress speed? So I would suggest making it with 0/1/2/3/4/5 totems left deactivated/50%/100%/150%/200%/250% regression speed. (Only for demonstration of my idea, not an actual suggestion for a rework)

Example 2: Hex: Thrill of the Hunt

The effect of this perk would be stronger with every totem cleansed: for every 0/1/2/3/4/5 totems remaining the cleansing speed is reduced by deactivated/20%/15%/10%/5%/0% and the killer is notified whenever a survivor starts working on a totem. (Only for demonstration of my idea, not an actual suggestion for a rework)

As you can see in my examples its fairly easy to rework some perks, some perks like Hex: Huntress Lullaby could be reworked to start with their full intensity of 5 and lose its power with any totems done, but some perks like Hex: Devour Hope would need a total rework that would fit this new system.

Pros:

  • Killer does not lose a perk imidiatly
  • Solo survivors have an impact on deminishing killers power with every totem done
  • on low totems (1/2) the power of the perks could be so "low" that it can be considered a normal perk and there is no need to destroy all 5 totems to have a pleasent game
  • Possiblity for Hex Perks for survivors: like buff for every totem remaining if killer has a Hex perk or buff for every destroyed totem.

Cons:

  • Rework of some Hex: Perks, but thats not negative really! We need more balance changes to shake the meta

EDIT:

My rework ideas

Rework ideas with my system for every hex perk (I only speak about the tier 3 perk)

Hex: Blood Favour

  • When a Survivor is hit with a Basic Attack, all Pallets within a radius of 16 metres of your location are held in place by The Entity for 15 seconds and cannot be pulled down by Survivors.
  • Hex: Blood Favour has a cool-down of 70/60/50/40/30 with 1/2/3/4/5 totems remaining
  • If all 5 totems are broken the perk deactivates

Hex: Crowd Control

  • The Entity blocks a Window for 10/12/14/16/18 seconds with 1/2/3/4/5 totems remaining after a Survivors performs a rushed vault through it
  • If all 5 totems are broken the perk deactivates

Hex: Devour Hope

  • Killer starts with 0 tokens, when a Survivor is rescued from a Hook at least 24 metres away, Devour Hope receives a Token
  • every cleansed totem reduces the amaount of tokens by 1 and can also go negative
  • 2 Tokens: Gain a 5 % Haste IconStatusEffects haste.png Status Effect 10 seconds after hooking a Survivor, for a duration of 10 seconds.
  • 3 Tokens: Survivors suffer from the Exposed IconStatusEffects exposed.png Status Effect.
  • 5 Tokens: Grants the ability to kill Survivors by your own hand.
  • If all 5 totems are broken the perk deactivates

Hex: Haunted Ground

  • When one of the Hex Totems is cleansed by a Survivor, all Survivors suffer from the Exposed Status Effect for 50/40/30/20/10 seconds for the amaount of totems 1/2/3/4/5 at the time of cleansing.

Hex: Huntress Lullaby

  • The perk starts with 5 tokens, one for each totem. Each token shortens the time between the Skill Check Warning sound and the Skill Check by 10% with no skill check Warning at 10 tokens.
  • Every cleansed totem reduces the tokens by 1
  • Survivors receive a 5 % Regression penalty when missing a Skill Check while healing or repairing.
  • It affects Healing and Repair Skill Check warnings:
  • If all 5 totems are broken the perk deactivates

Hex: No One Escapes Death

  • Once the Exit Gates are powered Hex: No One Escapes Death activates for 0/1/2/3/4/5 minutes for 0/1/2/3/4/5 totems remaining
  • While Hex: No One Escapes Death is active, Survivors suffer from the Exposed Status Effect and your Movement speed is increased by 4 %
  • If all 5 totems are broken the perk deactivates

Hex: Retribution

  • Any Survivor who cleanses a Dull Totem will suffer from the Oblivious Status Effect for 45 seconds
  • If any Hex Totem is cleansed the Auras of all Survivors are revealed for 14/12/10/8/6 seconds for 1/2/3/4/5 totems at the time of cleansing

Hex: Ruin

  • Whenever a Generator is not being repaired by a Survivor, it will immediately and automatically regress its Repair progress at 100/125/150/175/200 % of the normal Regression speed for 1/2/3/4/5 totems remaining
  • If all 5 totems are broken the perk deactivates

Hex: The Third Seal

  • starts with 5 tokens, one for each totem
  • Hitting a Survivor with a Basic Attack while the Hex Totem is active applies the Third Seal Effect to hit survivor
  • Survivors aura reading abilities are capped to 20/16/12/8/4m for 1/2/3/4/5 totems remaining
  • Cleansing a totem removes the Third Seal Effect on the survivor who cleansed until he is hit again
  • If all 5 totems are broken the perk deactivates

Hex: Thrill of the Hunt

  • Survivors' cleansing speed is reduced by 12/10/8/6/4 % for 1/2/3/4/5 tokens remaining
  • Gain a notification when someone starts working on a Hex Totem

Hex: Undying

  • starts with 5 tokens, one for each totem
  • with 1/2/3/4/5 totems remaining Survivors within 2/3/4/5/6 meters of any Totem have their Aura revealed
  • If all 5 totems are broken the perk deactivates

UI changes:

  • Totem count for all survivors to reduce the unfair advantage of swf information compared to solo

Balance Changes:

Each Hex totem combination over 1 reduces total amaunt of Totems by 1:

Example: If you use 3 hex perks together you start the trial with 5-2 totems=3 totems which also reduces all tokens by the perks -2 and nervs hex perks for the combination.

Comments

  • How would Haunted and Undying work?

  • There's a reason why they nerfed Undying, this would basically make it base kit. So until we have a some what accurate MMR system and a casual mode separated from ranked, I'm gonna have to pass this idea chief

  • what is this obsession with making hex perks consistent?

    I thought the whole gimmick was that it's supposed to be powerful but can be taken away at any time. I think one of the bigger problems with hex perks is that some of them don't do anything worthy to be hex perks in the first place. I'd rather see the weak one get buffed in some way than to have them last forever.

  • @Hoodied said:

    How would Haunted and Undying work?

    Like I said, total reworks!

    I am not a dev. I just suggest a more fun system that can benefit solo survivors and killers more

    edit: but if you want a suggstion out of nowhere: Haunted would work antiproportional to the amaount of hex totems: 0/1/2/3/4/5 totems left deactivated/50/40/30/20/10 exposed time.

  • @Shroompy said:

    There's a reason why they nerfed Undying, this would basically make it base kit. So until we have a some what accurate MMR system and a casual mode separated from ranked, I'm gonna have to pass this idea chief

    That is exactly not what I suggested, please read before sh1tting on peoples ideas.

  • @WeenieDog said:

    what is this obsession with making hex perks consistent?

    I thought the whole gimmick was that it's supposed to be powerful but can be taken away at any time. I think one of the bigger problems with hex perks is that some of them don't do anything worthy to be hex perks in the first place. I'd rather see the weak one get buffed in some way than to have them last forever.

    Yes it is so now and in the past. But I suggest the future. A total rework of Hex system.

  • As a solo survivor I don't like this idea.

  • @Pirate said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2010999#Comment_2010999

    That is exactly not what I suggested, please read before sh1tting on peoples ideas.

    I did read, and don't say that I'm crapping on your idea just because I see a flaw in it and giving valid criticism. Hex Perks are meant to be high risk high reward, the devs have said this themselves. This idea would simply make them even stronger than they are now with no drawback. Some of the reworks also have potential to completely ruin the identity of a perk, like Devour Hope or Haunted Grounds.

    In summary, hex perks are fine as they are.

  • @th3 said:

    As a solo survivor I don't like this idea.

    why not?

    I play solo survivor when I dont play killer. And I can easely do 2-3 totems by myself but not always they are hex totems, with my suggestion my 2-3 totems would have an huge impact on the power of the perk eventhough they are "random" totems. If all 4 survivors would do random totems the power of the hex perks could easely shrink to 0-1 totems in the five minutes.

    I personaly would like to play against this more then searching for that one devour hope or ruin totem that is somewhere hidden or camped by the killer.

  • @WeenieDog said:

    what is this obsession with making hex perks consistent?

    I thought the whole gimmick was that it's supposed to be powerful but can be taken away at any time. I think one of the bigger problems with hex perks is that some of them don't do anything worthy to be hex perks in the first place. I'd rather see the weak one get buffed in some way than to have them last forever.

    I believe the premise of Hex perks is fundamentally flawed because of the lack of consistency.

  • @Pirate said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2011000#Comment_2011000

    Yes it is so now and in the past. But I suggest the future. A total rework of Hex system.

    a rework of the system but not a rework of what the perks do.

    If they are to be like that, then I would expect some huge nerfs across all hexes.

    Like:

    ruin regresses at 100/75/50/20 % regression.

  • @Shroompy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2011009#Comment_2011009

    I did read, and don't say that I'm crapping on your idea just because I see a flaw in it and giving valid criticism. Hex Perks are meant to be high risk high reward, the devs have said this themselves. This idea would simply make them even stronger than they are now with no drawback. Some of the reworks also have potential to completely ruin the identity of a perk, like Devour Hope or Haunted Grounds.

    In summary, hex perks are fine as they are.

    No! You are saying "Hex Perks are meant to be high risk high reward" and I am saying: I want them be reworked to be of consistent power! I did NOT SUGGEST any changes to any perk! If you ask me I would make them medium risk medium rework. I dont know if you are a killer main or what you are, but if you ARE a killer main you surely did experience situations where survivors could not find your totem and you dominated but also games when you lost all totems in the first 30 seconds before you could reach one of them. With my suggestion killer could have atleast some minor effect with 1-2 totems remaining.

    And saying its bad because some perks need to be reworked is not an argument! We have 100+ perks that need to reworked but the devs are doing changes only every 3 months to 2 perks at once.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2011000#Comment_2011000

    I believe the premise of Hex perks is fundamentally flawed because of the lack of consistency.

    that is exactly my thought process!

  • @WeenieDog said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2011011#Comment_2011011

    a rework of the system but not a rework of what the perks do.

    If they are to be like that, then I would expect some huge nerfs across all hexes.

    Like:

    ruin regresses at 100/75/50/20 % regression.

    Even if this was the case its already better then running with 2 perks left after 30 sec. And if they find the perfect balance there is nothing against it even if its a little weaker.

  • Nothing new under the Sun. I've heard this one back in the Steam forum days.

  • @Pirate said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2011025#Comment_2011025

    No! You are saying "Hex Perks are meant to be high risk high reward" and I am saying: I want them be reworked to be of consistent power! I did NOT SUGGEST any changes to any perk! If you ask me I would make them medium risk medium rework. I dont know if you are a killer main or what you are, but if you ARE a killer main you surely did experience situations where survivors could not find your totem and you dominated but also games when you lost all totems in the first 30 seconds before you could reach one of them. With my suggestion killer could have atleast some minor effect with 1-2 totems remaining.

    And saying its bad because some perks need to be reworked is not an argument! We have 100+ perks that need to reworked but the devs are doing changes only every 3 months to 2 perks at once.

    If you want to make hex perks more consistent there are better ways of doing it, such as a hex perk doesn't appear as a hex until all survivors are cursed by it, totems only appear in the game after maybe a minute or 2, etc. Having to cleans multiple totems just to dwindle down the perks effectiveness would just be another chore for solo survivors and that was shown with Undying at its peak, sure it was good against sweat squads but absolutely overkill against Solo Q. If we bridge the gap between Solo Q and SWF then this idea might be considered, but as the game stands right now, no.

  • @Pirate said:

    Short:

    Rework that removes Hex Perks dependency of ONE totem but makes them dependend on all FIVE totems and makes their intensity dependend on the amaount of totems ingame.

    LONG:

    The effect of some hex are very strong on the one hand but on the other hand they may be destroyed 20 sec into the game.

    I suggest reworking every single Hex perk to have their intensitiy dependend on the amount of Hex Totems with decreased power the lower totems there are in the match.

    Example 1: Hex: Ruin

    If I am correct right now it reverts of 200% of the normal regress speed? So I would suggest making it with 0/1/2/3/4/5 totems left deactivated/50%/100%/150%/200%/250% regression speed. (Only for demonstration of my idea, not an actual suggestion for a rework)

    Example 2: Hex: Thrill of the Hunt

    The effect of this perk would be stronger with every totem cleansed: for every 0/1/2/3/4/5 totems remaining the cleansing speed is reduced by deactivated/20%/15%/10%/5%/0% and the killer is notified whenever a survivor starts working on a totem. (Only for demonstration of my idea, not an actual suggestion for a rework)

    As you can see in my examples its fairly easy to rework some perks, some perks like Hex: Huntress Lullaby could be reworked to start with their full intensity of 5 and lose its power with any totems done, but some perks like Hex: Devour Hope would need a total rework that would fit this new system.

    Pros:

    • Killer does not lose a perk imidiatly
    • Solo survivors have an impact on deminishing killers power with every totem done
    • on low totems (1/2) the power of the perks could be so "low" that it can be considered a normal perk and there is no need to destroy all 5 totems to have a pleasent game
    • Possiblity for Hex Perks for survivors: like buff for every totem remaining if killer has a Hex perk or buff for every destroyed totem.

    Cons:

    • Rework of some Hex: Perks, but thats not negative really! We need more balance changes to shake the meta

    Ohtofu recently did a video reviewing an idea like this

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ngBKaDQq7kU

  • @Shroompy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2011035#Comment_2011035

    If you want to make hex perks more consistent there are better ways of doing it, such as a hex perk doesn't appear as a hex until all survivors are cursed by it, totems only appear in the game after maybe a minute or 2, etc. Having to cleans multiple totems just to dwindle down the perks effectiveness would just be another chore for solo survivors and that was shown with Undying at its peak, sure it was good against sweat squads but absolutely overkill against Solo Q. If we bridge the gap between Solo Q and SWF then this idea might be considered, but as the game stands right now, no.

    I disagree with everything you said. Either you never played solo or killer or you just have a totaly opposite opinion for no reason. I suggest making hex perks more consistent like normal perks but still being destroyable/weakenable by survivors. If you have a problem with that why dont you have a problem with every normal perk? What you suggested is horrible designed and favours only one side. What I suggested is closing the gap between solo and swf because there are no 4 paar of eyes who can spot that one unfortunate totem but you will need to destroy a few of them to reduce the power to a non threatening amout. Sorry but you kinda refuse to understand my point.

  • @Shroompy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2011035#Comment_2011035

    If you want to make hex perks more consistent there are better ways of doing it, such as a hex perk doesn't appear as a hex until all survivors are cursed by it, totems only appear in the game after maybe a minute or 2, etc. Having to cleans multiple totems just to dwindle down the perks effectiveness would just be another chore for solo survivors and that was shown with Undying at its peak, sure it was good against sweat squads but absolutely overkill against Solo Q. If we bridge the gap between Solo Q and SWF then this idea might be considered, but as the game stands right now, no.

    There are some key differences between this idea and Undying, though:

    1) Cleansing the wrong Hex totem with Undying would accomplish absolutely nothing, whereas cleansing a Hex totem here would accomplish reducing the effectiveness of a Hex perk

    2) Cleansing one Hex totem would affect ALL equipped Hex perks, not just one at random like currently. This means that on the Survivor end, they don't have to pray to Jesus that the perk they are cleansing is Devour Hope and not The Third Seal.

  • cool. but I dont suggest any idividual changes like this person but an overall concept change. but thx for the video i will watch when I have time.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2011045#Comment_2011045

    There are some key differences between this idea and Undying, though:

    1) Cleansing the wrong Hex totem with Undying would accomplish absolutely nothing, whereas cleansing a Hex totem here would accomplish reducing the effectiveness of a Hex perk

    2) Cleansing one Hex totem would affect ALL equipped Hex perks, not just one at random like currently. This means that on the Survivor end, they don't have to pray to Jesus that the perk they are cleansing is Devour Hope and not The Third Seal.

    This! wow! thank you!

  • @Pirate said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2011045#Comment_2011045

    I disagree with everything you said. Either you never played solo or killer or you just have a totaly opposite opinion for no reason. I suggest making hex perks more consistent like normal perks but still being destroyable/weakenable by survivors. If you have a problem with that why dont you have a problem with every normal perk? What you suggested is horrible designed and favours only one side. What I suggested is closing the gap between solo and swf because there are no 4 paar of eyes who can spot that one unfortunate totem but you will need to destroy a few of them to reduce the power to a non threatening amout. Sorry but you kinda refuse to understand my point.

    @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2011045#Comment_2011045

    There are some key differences between this idea and Undying, though:

    1) Cleansing the wrong Hex totem with Undying would accomplish absolutely nothing, whereas cleansing a Hex totem here would accomplish reducing the effectiveness of a Hex perk

    2) Cleansing one Hex totem would affect ALL equipped Hex perks, not just one at random like currently. This means that on the Survivor end, they don't have to pray to Jesus that the perk they are cleansing is Devour Hope and not The Third Seal.

    There are some things I did fail to understand and I see your point now, @TAG did help out with that. This idea might actually work then, still a little worried about the solo q experience of this but if they do end up making a solid MMR system this idea would be golden. Apologies for my misunderstanding earlier

  • There's one other factor to consider that has not been mentioned:

    With this idea in place, not all Hex perks necessarily need to be deactivated by hitting ALL the totems. Hypothetically, in addition to having Hex perks that need all five totems cleansed to shut off completely, you could have some Hex perk effects (stronger ones, most likely) scale down faster so that it takes less totem cleanses to shut it off completely (or possibly be weakened enough that cleansing the remaining totems is no longer necessary). The important thing that this idea enables is the ability to use "number of remaining Totems" as a knob to fiddle with to get the balance right. No longer would Totems have to be a wonky all-or-nothing balancing act of "It needs to be strong enough to warrant the Hex totem downside but not so strong that it obliterates teams who can't find one single lit totem."


    Screw it, I am 1000% behind this idea.

  • @Shroompy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2011053#Comment_2011053

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2011055#Comment_2011055

    There are some things I did fail to understand and I see your point now, @TAG did help out with that. This idea might actually work then, still a little worried about the solo q experience of this but if they do end up making a solid MMR system this idea would be golden. Apologies for my misunderstanding earlier

    Thank you very much for your kind words! I am happy that you see atleast the potential when not the solution, that is more then I could ask for! Have a nice day.

    @TAG said:

    There's one other factor to consider that has not been mentioned:

    With this idea in place, not all Hex perks necessarily need to be deactivated by hitting ALL the totems. Hypothetically, in addition to having Hex perks that need all five totems cleansed to shut off completely, you could have some Hex perk effects (stronger ones, most likely) scale down faster so that it takes less totem cleanses to shut it off completely (or possibly be weakened enough that cleansing the remaining totems is no longer necessary). The important thing that this idea enables is the ability to use "number of remaining Totems" as a knob to fiddle with to get the balance right. No longer would Totems have to be a wonky all-or-nothing balancing act of "It needs to be strong enough to warrant the Hex totem downside but not so strong that it obliterates teams who can't find one single lit totem."

    Screw it, I am 1000% behind this idea.

    Thank you for your support and understanding!

  • I personally don't think the problem with Hex Perks getting destroyed so fast isn't the hex's fault, it's most the maps. Give better totem spawns and we will see. i do believe that all hexes should be exponentially stronger though. It is a perk that can be taken away, bringing a hex should give you a noticeable effect because the survivor chooses when it stops working. This is a unique idea but maybe just for a new hex perk and not all of them.

  • I support this idea.

    With this suggestion, you are even better in balancing than the actual devs. Not joking.

  • @Masterninja said:

    I support this idea.

    With this suggestion, you are even better in balancing than the actual devs. Not joking.

    Thank you for your kind words. Sometimes its just difficult for them to think outside of the box.

  • Pirate, I feel the same bro (or sis). Have a great time. :)

  • I was thinking about Hex: Devour hope and how it would work with this idea and I got a pretty interesting solution:

    Hex: Devour Hope starts with 0 stacks with 2 tokens you get the haste effect for 10 sec, with 3 tokens exposed effect and with 5 tokens ability to kill by your hands (Normal effect so far) but with every cleansed totem survivor can remove one stack of your devour hope tokens can also go negative.

    This is a cool compromise for a solo team to reduce the power of the perk with the first exposed effect and for the killer its still to use the perk later ingame if not all totems are found, because if we take the example that survivor did 4 totems and cant find the last its -4 tokens so you need 7 hooks to get for exposed and 9 hooks for mori with is pretty close to Ebony Mori effect and a proof of how well balanced and desgined it is.

    The example above shows that the effect of devour hope would be equal strong against swf and solos because both need to make the amount of totems on not spot the right one with 4 times the amount of eyes and communication. On the other hand the killer can continues play well and respect the hook to get his tokens, the exposed effect is arguably the strongest effect of the perk anyway and getting it or maintaining it is not that difficult anymore.

  • Rework ideas with my system for every hex perk (I only speak about the tier 3 perk)

    Hex: Blood Favour

    • When a Survivor is hit with a Basic Attack, all Pallets within a radius of 16 metres of your location are held in place by The Entity for 15 seconds and cannot be pulled down by Survivors.
    • Hex: Blood Favour has a cool-down of 70/60/50/40/30 with 1/2/3/4/5 totems remaining
    • If all 5 totems are broken the perk deactivates

    Hex: Crowd Control

    • The Entity blocks a Window for 10/12/14/16/18 seconds with 1/2/3/4/5 totems remaining after a Survivors performs a rushed vault through it
    • If all 5 totems are broken the perk deactivates

    Hex: Devour Hope

    • Killer starts with 0 tokens, when a Survivor is rescued from a Hook at least 24 metres away, Devour Hope receives a Token
    • every cleansed totem reduces the amaount of tokens by 1 and can also go negative
    • 2 Tokens: Gain a 5 % Haste IconStatusEffects haste.png Status Effect 10 seconds after hooking a Survivor, for a duration of 10 seconds.
    • 3 Tokens: Survivors suffer from the Exposed IconStatusEffects exposed.png Status Effect.
    • 5 Tokens: Grants the ability to kill Survivors by your own hand.
    • If all 5 totems are broken the perk deactivates

    Hex: Haunted Ground

    • When one of the Hex Totems is cleansed by a Survivor, all Survivors suffer from the Exposed Status Effect for 50/40/30/20/10 seconds for the amaount of totems 1/2/3/4/5 at the time of cleansing.

    Hex: Huntress Lullaby

    • The perk starts with 5 tokens, one for each totem. Each token shortens the time between the Skill Check Warning sound and the Skill Check by 10% with no skill check Warning at 10 tokens.
    • Every cleansed totem reduces the tokens by 1
    • Survivors receive a 5 % Regression penalty when missing a Skill Check while healing or repairing.
    • It affects Healing and Repair Skill Check warnings:
    • If all 5 totems are broken the perk deactivates

    Hex: No One Escapes Death

    • Once the Exit Gates are powered Hex: No One Escapes Death activates for 0/1/2/3/4/5 minutes for 0/1/2/3/4/5 totems remaining
    • While Hex: No One Escapes Death is active, Survivors suffer from the Exposed Status Effect and your Movement speed is increased by 4 %
    • If all 5 totems are broken the perk deactivates

    Hex: Retribution

    • Any Survivor who cleanses a Dull Totem will suffer from the Oblivious Status Effect for 45 seconds
    • If any Hex Totem is cleansed the Auras of all Survivors are revealed for 14/12/10/8/6 seconds for 1/2/3/4/5 totems at the time of cleansing

    Hex: Ruin

    • Whenever a Generator is not being repaired by a Survivor, it will immediately and automatically regress its Repair progress at 100/125/150/175/200 % of the normal Regression speed for 1/2/3/4/5 totems remaining
    • If all 5 totems are broken the perk deactivates

    Hex: The Third Seal

    • starts with 5 tokens, one for each totem
    • Hitting a Survivor with a Basic Attack while the Hex Totem is active applies the Third Seal Effect to hit survivor
    • Survivors aura reading abilities are capped to 20/16/12/8/4m for 1/2/3/4/5 totems remaining
    • Cleansing a totem removes the Third Seal Effect on the survivor who cleansed until he is hit again
    • If all 5 totems are broken the perk deactivates

    Hex: Thrill of the Hunt

    • Survivors' cleansing speed is reduced by 12/10/8/6/4 % for 1/2/3/4/5 tokens remaining
    • Gain a notification when someone starts working on a Hex Totem

    Hex: Undying

    • starts with 5 tokens, one for each totem
    • with 1/2/3/4/5 totems remaining Survivors within 2/3/4/5/6 meters of any Totem have their Aura revealed
    • If all 5 totems are broken the perk deactivates

    UI changes:

    • Totem count for all survivors to reduce the unfair advantage of swf information compared to solo


    I tried to stay faitful to the original perk, its not my suggestion to use exactly what I said, I just wanted to show that all perks but Hex: The Third Seal can work with this system and staying the way they are at the moment. I also tried to make most perks at 4 totems remaining as powerfull as they are now because its very easy to cleanse one totem. at 1-2 totems remaining most hex perks are much weaker then at full but they are still valuable. Perks like Hex: Huntress Lullaby even got a really cool buff in my opinion.

  • While I'm also not a big fan of the binary nature of Hex perks, this could be so open to abusive builds.

    For example, Ruin and Haunted Grounds.

    Survivors notice there's a Ruin up, they do a totem, everyone is exposed for 50 seconds... now all survivors know Haunted Grounds is up as well, so they either expose themselves every time they cleanse a totem, which they will have to do to remove Ruin, or they just put up with it?

    NOED and Haunted Grounds: EGC is already only 2-4 minutes. And if cleansing the end-game exposed status requires exposing everyone for 50+40+30+20+10 seconds = 2 minutes 40 seconds... you're basically making NOED uncleansable.

  • @Seraphor said:

    While I'm also not a big fan of the binary nature of Hex perks, this could be so open to abusive builds.

    For example, Ruin and Haunted Grounds.

    Survivors notice there's a Ruin up, they do a totem, everyone is exposed for 50 seconds... now all survivors know Haunted Grounds is up as well, so they either expose themselves every time they cleanse a totem, which they will have to do to remove Ruin, or they just put up with it?

    NOED and Haunted Grounds: EGC is already only 2-4 minutes. And if cleansing the end-game exposed status requires exposing everyone for 50+40+30+20+10 seconds = 2 minutes 40 seconds... you're basically making NOED uncleansable.

    Sorry but you clearly did not understand what I wrote.

    First: If the survivors notice ruin and do a totem they are exposed for 10 seconds!

    Second: as I wrote thats not a individual suggestion but an example that I can integrate all current hex perks without completly reworking them. The times for Haunted grounds can be smaller then that and the combination of hex perks can make spawn 1 totem less for each hex totem over 1. Which would balance the hex perks even better.

    Third: Now Noed is permanent if you dont find all totem in a normal game its not possible that more then 1-2 totems are left until the end. which is maximum of 2 minutes of noed and still the ability to get rid of the last 1-2 totems just as now. You are clearly not seeing the whole picture friend.