Did someone accidentally turn on MMR?

My Killer games today have been a living hell. Sweating my ass off for a 2-3k. Haven't gotten a 4k yet today.

I haven't even seen a Rank 4 in my lobby. And one game was a pure Rank 1 lobby. How the hell am I supposed to do my tome challenges this way? What gives Devs?

Comments

  • Wouldn't that be a good thing ? Last time MMR was atctive, red ranks had to face new rank 20 players with less then 50h every single game (I did 20 games until I gave up and went on a break from DBD).

    If they finally fined tuned it so that matches can have properly placed players I would cry with joy even if it meant losing far more games.

  • Matchmaking isn’t working as intended for a long time now.

    which rank are you btw? Because rank based matchmaking would still be considered working when the rank disparity is up to 8 ranks.


    also queue times are pretty long on survivor side right now, presumably because there are not enough killer players. After some time searching for lobbies the matchmaking doesn’t even look at ranks at all but puts the survivor into any lobby..

  • If it is working, that is a good thing.

    I also feel it is on , secretly. Many of my games have been competitive.

  • Lets just say it is on. Do you feel you are on the same level as the survivors you faced?

    But no, its not on.

  • @gatsby said:

    My Killer games today have been a living hell. Sweating my ass off for a 2-3k. Haven't gotten a 4k yet today.

    I haven't even seen a Rank 4 in my lobby. And one game was a pure Rank 1 lobby. How the hell am I supposed to do my tome challenges this way? What gives Devs?

    From my experience, this new matchmaking doesn't work at all, you will be matched with noobs one game and then the other game you will get high skilled survivors... It doesn't work cause developers don't know how to properly evaluate the players' skill.

  • @YourNightmare said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/233854/did-someone-accidentally-turn-on-mmr

    From my experience, this new matchmaking doesn't work at all, you will be matched with noobs one game and then the other game you will get high skilled survivors... It doesn't work cause developers don't know how to properly evaluate the players' skill.

    Your experience with a system that’s not even turned on? Tell me more!

    if you mean the first live test. You are literally describing the reason why they turned it off and worked on it further.

  • @YourNightmare said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/233854/did-someone-accidentally-turn-on-mmr

    From my experience, this new matchmaking doesn't work at all, you will be matched with noobs one game and then the other game you will get high skilled survivors... It doesn't work cause developers don't know how to properly evaluate the players' skill.

    In my experience its the complete opposite, I go against and play against very skilled players, since the past few weeks I've only seen a few odd balls, enough to probably count on my fingers.

    Also its not that the developers don't know how to evaluate a players skill, its just its almost impossible to make a system that can accurately do so. There's way too many RNG factors and unlike other games, you might do something questionable that'll help you in the long run.