Bro I gotta rant...
Literally just a game as Ghostface on a farm map against a cocky swf. But I don't care... I'm just playing the game and I'm downing them but they're still doing gens equally as fast as I'm downing and hooking them.
So far I got 1 kill and 3 survivors still alive with 2 gens left. Time goes by there is 1 gen left and they're all on death hook and the gens are pretty close only 1 being a little far out.
Tell me why when I down one of the last 3 that I'm about to kill and all of a sudden I see 2 people escape out of nowhere!?!?!
One of them found a ######### key and they got out.
REAL NICE BALANCE GAME WE GOT HERE!!!
Comments
Keys are getting nerfed. And really, why do you care about something which was out of your control anyway? No point in ranting about it.
Because it was pretty good and close game and fair but then 2 people got out because of and item they found.
Yea I know they're getting nerfed but the devs are taking their sweet time doing it.
He's just venting, the point is the post itself.
Anyways yeah keys are busted, it's gonna happen I just consider it a win imo if survivors ever have to use a key to escape, and they did not power all the generators first because it generally means they did not think they could escape any other way.
As for the gens, yeah survivors objective is just naturally much faster than the killers. You realistically can't just go and hook everyone every time, you have to find ways to skip your objective so to speak in order to win. Start a snowball and have like someone on the ground, someone on the hook, someone going for a save that you intercept, and that last guy has to get off a gen and you keep that pressure there or above and you win.
Doing that however is incredibly difficult if folks know how to run a loop, as there is not a lot of tiles that even allow for mind games, meaning most matches are honestly decided before they've really even gotten going.
Was just key escaped myself. It's funny cause I've been playing other games this week, and whenever I come on DBD it's just a few games of survivor as I want to gain some XP to keep progressing on the rift (I want the Oni skin). Played my first killer game in a while and it's a pretty hard fought game against a good team, got them 3-genned and then 2 escape via key...
This game from day 1 was always built around the idea of sudden reversals of fortune.
Mori's, Keys, insta heals, insta downs, ect... all work around this core idea.
Always expect that the game is somehow going to screw you in some way and play accordingly.
Yeah, but as I said, nothing you can do about that. IMO it sucks more if you lose because you were not good enough to win, but if you were good enough and it looked like a win and they only escaped because of the Key, it is whatever.
I also got robbed of a 4K a few days ago (got a 3K), one Survivor found a Key in a Chest, without Plunderers. But I stopped being mad about that, Keys are busted and will get nerfed, but "only" getting a 3K was not my fault in this case, so I took it easy.
And yes, Devs take some time, but as they said, they dont consider Keys as that problematic as Moris (which I would agree on), and they will probably think of ways to keep Keys useful, since the Keys and their Add-Ons take up quite a bunch of spots in the Bloodwebs.
(My guess is that they might add an animation for opening the Hatch, so they need to do the animation and interrupts by the Killer... but as I said, only my guess)
Are they now it's been 4 months and coming up on 5 patches now.
Is this another console optimization.
Or will BHVR prove us wrong.
If I was a betting man I would say it ain't happening.
edit: if it does make it into the mid chapter for 20 it means it took them half a year to nerf keys
They said from the start that Keys and Moris will not be nerfed in the same Patch. And they said quite recently that they dont compare Moris with Keys.
And if Keys allow multiple Survivors to escape, it is basically Endgame - this means, the Killer had a game, unlike a Survivor who got morid first Hook. From that perspective, they are indeed less problematic.
Survivors shouldn't have keys to completely bypass their objective, makes you wonder why in the world we put gens in the game if they can just find a key for an ez escape.
Doesn't matter if we haven't heard anything.
And we haven't.
But yeah let's not while the game is bleeding killers, and survivor queue only gets longer.
What do you mean bypass. Keys fulfill their objective by escaping, same with moris help the killer with killing.
Ehm I think @OGlilSPOOK20 is quite right to rant about it because its an unfair win condition. They didn't meet the 5 gen requirements but still got a free escape.
'No point ranting about it'
Facecamping, hard tunneling, Moris are outwith control for survivors, doesn't stop them ranting about it??? The only thing worse than survivor finding a key and escaping is a survivor actually bringing a key to escape. Unless doing a challenge it says a lot about their lack of faith in their ability to do 5 gens and escape
Why do you care if they "rant" about it?
Also an extremely valid point. Because they cared enough to comment
As if devs haven't taken their sweet time changing anything that was busted. See how long its taking them to nerf iri head?
I think that example is a little different. The devs don't seem to like changing add-ons unless they're doing a full sweep on the killer. Kinda ridiculous but what are we gonna do.
I just quote myself:
"And if Keys allow multiple Survivors to escape, it is basically Endgame - this means, the Killer had a game, unlike a Survivor who got morid first Hook. From that perspective, they are indeed less problematic."
This does apply to hard tunneling and facecamping as well. The worst thing that can happen to a Killer is that they have people escape after almost playing a full game - Survivors can just be on their first hook and dead soon after (either by facecamped, old Moris or simply tunneled out of the game).
But I know, completely unreasonable to think so. :^)
I think we'll have to agree to disagree. Both moris and keys end a game prematurely without the win condition being met. Yes killers get an emdgame (sometimes) if the team are scummy enough to leave a man behind (which usually they are) but a lot of perks come into game late game for killer, when only 1 or 2 gens are left. So I will reiterate that both moris and keys prematurely end the game without the win condition being met. And as I said we'll agree to disagree;
I can tell that nothing i can say will change your mind and so far nothing you have said has even remotely changed mine