The killer has 4 tokens of devour hope and there's a survivor currently hooked. Unhooking them will give the killer their last stack of devour hope, what do you try to do?
There's no point unhooking if the killer has 4 tokens. I'm going to look for that totem even if it kills the hooked survivor, which sucks but that's just Devour Hope for you. If they get unhooked, someone's dead immediately and one person that could have been doing totems was wasting time.
I like spicy matches, I will make that save - will try to bait the killer into the hook area, but that's likely to fail (they'd be expecting it). Rely on team mates to get the totem.
There's no point unhooking if the killer has 4 tokens. I'm going to look for that totem even if it kills the hooked survivor, which sucks but that's just Devour Hope for you. If they get unhooked, someone's dead immediately and one person that could have been doing totems was wasting time.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Honestly, I'd probably die. So I pick death
There's no point unhooking if the killer has 4 tokens. I'm going to look for that totem even if it kills the hooked survivor, which sucks but that's just Devour Hope for you. If they get unhooked, someone's dead immediately and one person that could have been doing totems was wasting time.
How do you know they have exactly four?
Set crouch to Mouse Wheel Down, unhook them, then wait for the killer to come & just spam tbag before you die
Someone'll probably go for the rescue anyways. I run Bond sometimes so that perk helps me know if someone is going for the save or not.
In this scenario someone's already been hit with the exposed status effect and four hook recuses have occurred.
I like spicy matches, I will make that save - will try to bait the killer into the hook area, but that's likely to fail (they'd be expecting it). Rely on team mates to get the totem.
I look for the totem but, if I can't find it before the survivor loses a hook state, I'll try to unhook anyway.
It's cruel, but true.