What happened with the first attempt at MMR?

I keep seeing posts saying that they tried MMR in the past but it was broken, messed things up further and made everyone miserable. I don't think I was playing back then though, so I'm curious, what did happen the first time they tried it? How was it messed up?

Comments

  • @ArchFox said:

    I keep seeing posts saying that they tried MMR in the past but it was broken, messed things up further and made everyone miserable. I don't think I was playing back then though, so I'm curious, what did happen the first time they tried it? How was it messed up?

    I was qued with 4 rank 20 guys with 1 perk equiped as rank1 killer.

    @Pirate said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/FOEKU21F3BZR/asdasdasd.png

    Nurse/Billy main btw. Those guys where so new that when I hooked 3 of them and brought the last one to unhook them all, he run away from me and the hooks not knowing that he can rescue them! Afterwards I was even accused of cheating ... I guess it was my BBQ that made them feel that way? I waited 20 min for this match!

    UPDATE:

    Second game now against 4 Red Ranks. I guess climbing this new MM is easy? Just traumatise 4 new player so much they will never play the game again.

    here my original topic and a screenshot. people commented what was wrong if you are interested

  • Well I loved it, but I was taking the opportunity to play killers I suck with or never use and was expecting and got rank 20-16 rank survivors, which, I got, even as rank 1 killer.

    The problem was that if I switched over to my main killers, I still got the same rank. Apparently they didn’t think to let it collect info on our Killer experience prior to release and it thought we were a noob killers who needed to work our way up to red rand with each killer individually lol

  • idk i might be taking a break from the game, literally did 15 matches and as a rank 16 survivor i am matched against a rank 1 killer....

  • @Pirate said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/233519/what-happened-with-the-first-attempt-at-mmr

    I was qued with 4 rank 20 guys with 1 perk equiped as rank1 killer.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/178713/how-is-your-new-matchmaking-going-this-is-mine

    here my original topic and a screenshot. people commented what was wrong if you are interested

    Thank you!

  • @Baby_Victor said:

    Well I loved it, but I was taking the opportunity to play killers I suck with or never use and was expecting and got rank 20-16 rank survivors, which, I got, even as rank 1 killer.

    The problem was that if I switched over to my main killers, I still got the same rank. Apparently they didn’t think to let it collect info on our Killer experience prior to release and it thought we were a noob killers who needed to work our way up to red rand with each killer individually lol

    Hahaha lucky you.

    I barely play nurse on console and decided to try her since the mmr was messed up.

    Guess what, I was match against other red ranks who know how to play against her 🤣

    I play survivor and got grey and yellow ranks with me as a rank 1 🤣🤷‍♂️

  • Overall i did get some great matches during the time where I really felt like the skill level of everyone is relatively balanced (which is something rarely ever see now)

    but yeah, it screwed over new players way too hard and even though they claimed it should only be this case for the first 10 or so matches so the hidden rank could be calculated it was a way too big problem.

    they have confirmed that this is happening and was definitely not intended. Since then they worked on it but never really gave any meaningful updates other than that it will be turned on soon..

  • As others have said, the MMR was pretty broken. E.g. with Nurse, who I do not play often and pretty bad, I got usual Red Ranks. But with Billy, who I played really often back then, I got people with really low Ranks.

    Even after like 30 games or so, all 4Ks with 12 Hooks, I still got players wiht 0,0 hours in DBD. (Other players had the same with Billy)

    Really messed up.

  • MMR is trash and got more trashy when they tried doing individual killer MMR, the one that was meant to pair you with survivors of similar skill to that of your particular killer. That was a fart in the wind and they know it, yet still, killers can't change in lobby.

  • Not enough data and everyone was viewed as the same level.

  • If you played your main's you got people with zero hours.

    If you played killers you didn't you'd get people with thousands.

    Survivor was a ######### show that is comparable to what we have right now actually.

    Don't get excited really temper your expectation for this new MMR.