Fair new Meta: Vigil
Reducing the cooldown of an exhaustion perk from 40 seconds to 32 seconds is quite nice but this require 2 perk slots. I think a small buff will be nice, it won't stack anymore though.
Vigil (Current)
You and your allies within a range of 8 metres recover from Exhausted, Haemorrhage, Hindered and Blindness Status Effects 10/15/20% faster.
Once out of range, this effect persists for 15 seconds.
NEW IDEA
You recover from Exhausted, Haemorrhage, Hindered and Blindness Status Effects 25/30/35% faster
While allies enter 8 meters of you, your exhaustion timer pauses.
(35% of 40 = 14 seconds, 40 - 14 = 26 seconds).
Comments
That's basically giving the killer mindbreaker when doing Co-Op gens though. Additionally vigil is meant to be a perk for promoting close knit team work, the word vigil literally means to take watch over someone or something. I don't think it would be thematically or practically appropriate for the perk tbh
That's why it's meta, it has a reward but a high risk. I like this change personally and it's not because I designed it. A 26 second Exhaustion perk seems pretty OP but with this "Pause" mechanic, it's pretty good. Maybe I'll make the perk go backwards instead of pause.
The only buff Vigil needs is to also include timed oblivious and timed exposed status effects.
Really not a bad idea, although If 4 people are running it and it's haunted grounds, that's 60% (15% x 4) of 1 minute.
60% - 36 seconds = 24 second haunted grounds.
It doesn’t stack like that (as far as I know)
IMO Vigil does too little to ever be meta. Those numbers need to be pumped up dramatically to be considered.
Vigil:
Can recover from any negative status 100% faster (from 40s exhaustion to 20s)
If there is another survivors with negative status in range, the buff splitted by 2 for 2 survivor (and by 3 for 3 survivors)
Does not persists & stack.
ehhhh I just hate the idea of making exhaustion stronger than it already is, it's already really short at 40s
vigil definitely needs a buff/rework, it's super bad for anything other than exhaustion or going against clown and freddy (even then, pretty bad lol), but idk man, that's just gonna end up being a buff to exhaustion that it really doesn't need. cause, realistically, people are not gonna slap on this perk for recovering to blindness or hemoragghe addons quicker lol. it'll be for exhaustion and ######### over Freddy.
that would also be really dumb against clown. would pretty much neuter his power.