Only noed rework I find fair for everyone (although I don't think it's needed in the first place)

I personally don't think noed is a problem that requires reworks, changes or fixed, however since people are going to cry louder and louder until this perk is gutted, here's my view on what NoeD rework should and must be.

Changes:

  • Removed Exposed
  • Removed Movement speed buff
  • Removed HEX part
  • New effect: When Exit gates are powered, all survivors that are not healthy at that moment become broken until the end of a trial.
  • New effect: Whenever survivor loses a healthstate before exit gates are powered, NoeD is revealed to them.

Good things for survivors:

  • You don't need to worry about finding 5 hex totems
  • You don't need to worry about sudden comeback
  • Killer doesn't become harder to outrun because of speed buff
  • You can control the strength of noed and clearly see if it's going to work

Good things for killer:

  • The perk will make survivors spend time healing before poping last gen which wins more time for the killer
  • The perk will have synergy with damage spreading killers
  • It will force the endgame to end faster
  • Broken status effect would allow Noed to be viable on killers using M2 to damage more often than M1 like Huntress or Demogorgon.
  • No need to worry or guess whether you'll have noed or not, as well as see how strong would it be.

So basically:

as killer: if you spread damage, you win a lot of time and can enforce yourself a good endgame if survivors decide to power through gens quickly.

as survivor: you can control and clearly see whether there is noed and how strong will it be.

Thoughts?

Comments

  • @ilovedbd123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2007677#Comment_2007677

    So you want me to keep it short, ok. I'll try and condense what I'm saying here .

    The issue isn't Noed's 4% haste, it's how it interacts with bloodlust.

    A similar thing I would not say is broken or needs a change is DS (after rework), even though with UB it becomes broken.

    Also, you call it waffle when I'm explaining points and inconcise when all I've done is elaborate which I've had to do in many other debates. And you tend to have to in most debates.

    That's rather backwards logic coming on a discussions page and not wanting someone to discuss something in depth.

    I'm not saying it's an issue. You said it's noed is useless against injured survivors. That's quoting you. It's not useless.

    I don't think noed is op - it isn't. I do think it needs a rework. I want to see old ruin rework treatment to it.

    You can discuss something in depth. Sure. That's not what your huge paragraphs are though. I was reading multiple sentences that could've been written in one. Wide as an ocean, deep as a puddle.

  • What's the point? If they can't heal, then they're already in the same position as being exposed.

  • @Rivyn said:

    What's the point? If they can't heal, then they're already in the same position as being exposed.

    Yeah. The point is to change the activation conditions + make noed equally viable for all killers.

  • @ilovedbd123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2007701#Comment_2007701

    I said noed is useless, you used pairing it with bloodlust as en example, I'm saying that it's the pair then that's useful, not noed itself. And many people won't get bloodlust 3 against good survivors that know how to loop and they know how to dip in and out of chases.

    Again, that's how I address points. I go in depth so that I'm being completely open about my point and I'm displaying my point down to the bitter core.

    No one can then, hopefully, can misinterpret my point.

    You're doing it again. dOwN tO tHe BiTtEr cOrE. It's waffle.

    Bloodlust is base kit. You don't get one or the other if you have picked noed.

    Are you trying to say it's up to the survivor not to get BL3 on top of noed (on a competent killer player)? Hello?

  • @Toblerone007 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2007705#Comment_2007705

    You're doing it again. dOwN tO tHe BiTtEr cOrE. It's waffle.

    Bloodlust is base kit. You don't get one or the other if you have picked noed.

    Are you trying to say it's up to the survivor not to get BL3 on top of noed (on a competent killer player)? Hello?

    You drop a pallet and either waste 2+ minutes running around it, effectively winning the game for your team or make killer lose BL3.

  • @Profezia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2007729#Comment_2007729

    You drop a pallet and either waste 2+ minutes running around it, effectively winning the game for your team or make killer lose BL3.

    That doesn't deactivate bloodlust. They have to break it. Remember we're in end game when noed has started. They're only feasible option is to go for one survivor.

    Assume I'm versed on all game mechanics. I'm arguing that it's up to the killer to choose to lose bloodlust.

  • @Toblerone007 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2007737#Comment_2007737

    That doesn't deactivate bloodlust. They have to break it. Remember we're in end game when noed has started. They're only feasible option is to go for one survivor.

    Assume I'm versed on all game mechanics. I'm arguing that it's up to the killer to choose to lose bloodlust.

    Yeah, their option is to go after survivor and either brake a pallet and have a chance to get more or throw all their resources at getting that one survivor. That's how game works.

  • @Profezia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2007741#Comment_2007741

    Yeah, their option is to go after survivor and either brake a pallet and have a chance to get more or throw all their resources at getting that one survivor. That's how game works.

    Yeah so read the context.

    I was responding to someone saying noed is useless against injured survs. I'm not stupid.

  • @ilovedbd123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2007729#Comment_2007729

    That's like saying-

    If you get hit by a killer in a loop it's the killers fault that you failed.

    The onus is on the survivor to break bloodlust as is on any chase.

    It's rather easy to break bloodlust.

    It's not difficult to get a pallet stun and then run to another loop.

    It's not waffle, if I don't put a lot of description in most posts ( this is a first, someone not wanting description) then I don't fully address someone's point.

    It's waffle.

    Don't know how you conjured that. Read it to yourself. It doesn't make sense.

    It's easy to break bl. If the killer wants to break it. lol

  • I have more issues with my teammates neglecting to do totems than I do with killers bringing NOED. I’ve had plenty of matches where I’ve cleansed 4 totems, haven’t been hooked once and still get hit by NOED and left to die. If I can cleanse 4 totems, why can’t 3 other people manage to cleanse 1 totem between them?

    I know on some maps totems can be harder to find / see than others but I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve seen a survivor repairing a generator next to a clearly visible totem and they’ll repair it and then run off. DO THE BONES PEOPLE.

    I went through a phase of always using Detective’s Hunch because in solo lobbies you just can’t assume you have competent teammates with you.

  • @ilovedbd123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2007787#Comment_2007787

    You don't know how to break bloodlust XD.

    Wow that's where your talking from, a viewpoint of a low skill survivor. I would make the same argument against killers who want sprint burst or dead hard changed.

    Most people who've played for a decent (1k+ hours) know how to loop and link tiles whilst breaking bloodlust.

    It's survivor 101 pal.

    Most people one this forum want lengthy and descriptive discussions. Your the first person I've met that is against it. Well done.

    If you don't want in depth discussions that's fine, but nothing will get done from them, and they will mean very little due to the fact that you haven't actually displayed your full point.

    I'll stop you there. I know every game mechanic in this game to the code. You can't teach me anything.

    This is my last reply to you. Ignoring everything from here.

1 2 ›