DO A GENERATOR WITHOUT HOLDING M1 META

DO A GENERATOR WITHOUT HOLDING M1 META

Is the esc key patched? Is there a work around?

Comments

  • Yes, it got patched sinced 4.5.0

    I miss it honestly.

  • Unfortunately it got patched out, confirmed by a mod. I didn't manage to find new workaround since so I hope devs will add toggle option eventually, although I doubt they will, it's a QoL change afterall.

  • @Ihatelife said:

    Yes, it got patched sinced 4.5.0

    I miss it honestly.

    Really glad they fixed that considering how game breaking it was

    /sarcasm

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2002617#Comment_2002617

    Really glad they fixed that considering how game breaking it was

    /sarcasm

    It was somehow unfair, but damn my fingers could finally rest in this game 😂

  • @Kebek said:

    Unfortunately it got patched out, confirmed by a mod. I didn't manage to find new workaround since so I hope devs will add toggle option eventually, although I doubt they will, it's a QoL change afterall.

    Drake 07032021133045.jpg

    That's just how it is 🤷‍♂️

  • Some good comments I can agree upon. Thank you.

  • Got patched. But as someone who suffers from wrist tendinitis easily i asked on the Steam forums and someone gave me this Windows 10 (might be possible with W7 aswell) solution (checked with Mandy as not being EAC bannable since you don't use a third party software for it) :

    • search for "Mouse Settings"
    • on the right of the window there should me "more settings" (or something similar)
    • on the bottom you have "ClickLock"
    • check the case and set your own time by clicking the "settings" button (if you want)
    • then click on "apply"

    Just remember to turn it off whenever you are done with playing survivor ;)

  • I don't think there are other ways. I wish they made a proper toggle option because it made playing survivor way better, being able to relax the right hand.

  • @Adeloo said:

    Got patched. But as someone who suffers from wrist tendinitis easily i asked on the Steam forums and someone gave me this Windows 10 (might be possible with W7 aswell) solution (checked with Mandy as not being EAC bannable since you don't use a third party software for it) :

    • search for "Mouse Settings"
    • on the right of the window there should me "more settings" (or something similar)
    • on the bottom you have "ClickLock"
    • check the case and set your own time by clicking the "settings" button (if you want)
    • then click on "apply"

    Just remember to turn it off whenever you are done with playing survivor ;)

    Yeah that is what I do, works fine.

    I have myoclonus dystonia so I've always had to play this way, as well as using a macro for struggle on hook so I don't accidentally kill myself.

  • @White_Owl said:

    I don't think there are other ways. I wish they made a proper toggle option because it made playing survivor way better, being able to relax the right hand.

    And do what with that hand? 🤔

  • If you're on Windows 10, there is a workaround.

    Go into your Mouse Settings, then Advanced Mouse Settings, and enable Click Lock.

    This simulates the same thing of having M1 constantly held whilst you can let go of the button.

    Just remember to disable it after you've finished an interaction by clicking again else you'll be spamming M1 by a hook and wondering why it isn't working.

    If you're on any other device, uh, macro I guess.

  • just make a macro that holds m1 for you, it takes like 10 seconds