Decisive strike isn't healthy

What to survivorS want with DS

  • Anti-Tunnel

What to killers want with ds

  • Anti-Momentum

NEW DS 4.6.0

  • Deactivates when you Repair a gen
  • Heal yourself or another survivor
  • Unhook a survivor
  • Cleanse a totem
  • Sabotage a hook.

NEW: If another survivor heals you, ds doesn't deactivate.

What needs Improving

The perk is definitely a nerf, realistically it isn't an impactful one. The perk is now more towards balancing than before, it is now a "Anti-tunnel" and "Anti-momentum" perk, which is great. The only issue I have is now killers know the perk is weaker and will probably tunnel more, no more respecting DS. So I have this balance change which I hope the developers put in this perk.

  • If DS goes off, your scratch marks and blood are hidden for 7 seconds
  • After the stun of DS, Healthy survivor auras a shown for 3 seconds and all gens will be blocked for 5 seconds.

Survivors run DS for the Anti-Tunnel. It's still OP to have 60 free seconds to do whatever you like, so that's why I kept the "Action Deactivation".

Killers probably will get stunned by DS if survivors run it and don't do actions, this is obviously quite OP for survivors so I made it where if the killer get stunned, other healthy survivors aura will be shown to the killer, only healthy though. It would be a bit too OP.

These changes are really balanced, I'm surprised I thought of this. If the killer does actually tunnel then survivors scratch marks and blood are hidden, so the killer can't follow to tunnel. If the kill isn't tunnelling then there momentum can be gained back by finding a healthy survivor to apply pressure. I added the 5 second gen block because 5 seconds can be a little punishing to killers even if there playing fair, so to make if fair on both sides, the gens are blocked for the same time as the killers stun.

Comments

  • DS it's good as it is... DS was an invincible perk for 60s. Now it's not, it's balanced, an anti-tunnel perk should be like this.

  • I feel those changes would make the perk needlessly convoluted.

  • @REL1_C said:

    What to survivorS want with DS

    • Anti-Tunnel

    What to killers want with ds

    • Anti-Momentum

    NEW DS 4.6.0

    • Deactivates when you Repair a gen
    • Heal yourself or another survivor
    • Unhook a survivor
    • Cleanse a totem
    • Sabotage a hook.

    NEW: If another survivor heals you, ds doesn't deactivate.

    What needs Improving

    The perk is definitely a nerf, realistically it isn't an impactful one. The perk is now more towards balancing than before, it is now a "Anti-tunnel" and "Anti-momentum" perk, which is great. The only issue I have is now killers know the perk is weaker and will probably tunnel more, no more respecting DS. So I have this balance change which I hope the developers put in this perk.

    • If DS goes off, your scratch marks and blood are hidden for 7 seconds
    • After the stun of DS, Healthy survivor auras a shown for 3 seconds and all gens will be blocked for 5 seconds.

    Survivors run DS for the Anti-Tunnel. It's still OP to have 60 free seconds to do whatever you like, so that's why I kept the "Action Deactivation".

    Killers probably will get stunned by DS if survivors run it and don't do actions, this is obviously quite OP for survivors so I made it where if the killer get stunned, other healthy survivors aura will be shown to the killer, only healthy though. It would be a bit too OP.

    These changes are really balanced, I'm surprised I thought of this. If the killer does actually tunnel then survivors scratch marks and blood are hidden, so the killer can't follow to tunnel. If the kill isn't tunnelling then there momentum can be gained back by finding a healthy survivor to apply pressure. I added the 5 second gen block because 5 seconds can be a little punishing to killers even if there playing fair, so to make if fair on both sides, the gens are blocked for the same time as the killers stun.

    As a killer main my thoughts are that DS is healthy as for anti-tunneling, it is unhealthy when survivors abuse (invisible doing a gen etc). Thankfully due to the changes the abuse of DS should hopefully reduce

  • @Hex_Salt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/231806/decisive-strike-isnt-healthy

    As a killer main my thoughts are that DS is healthy as for anti-tunneling, it is unhealthy when survivors abuse (invisible doing a gen etc). Thankfully due to the changes the abuse of DS should hopefully reduce

    The anti-tunnel hasn't been fixed yet. Like I said, it's close. The only issue I have is the fact that some killers will abuse the nerf and 50/50 guess if you have it. If you don't, the killer can free tunnel. I think no scratch marks and blood for a few seconds is healthy, it'll make is where the killer can't follow your tracks. I suppose this could cause a lot of issues, it's not a perfect "Anti-tunnel" will exploits, I'll work on a better change.

  • i think this it too much.

    i just want it to be able to be proc'd after BOTH hooks and then it's a true anti tunnel perk.

  • @chadbeastofprey said:

    i think this it too much.

    i just want it to be able to be proc'd after BOTH hooks and then it's a true anti tunnel perk.

    Or that lol, genius