All new perks are just BETTER forms of ALREADY EXISTING PERKS (+ explaination)

Fast Track is a better Stake Out (more % than stake out and you get more stacks, also you use up all stack in one great skill check, so you can get up to +28% progression on a gen with max stacks)

Self-Preservation is a better Poised (works more often and more frequent, no limited uses either)

Smash-Hit is equal/better than Lithe (the only perk that stands out on its own, some might argue its better than Lithe tho because you can get more distance -> killer has to break pallet and then catch up to your sprint burst).


Starstruck is a better Mad Grit (I thought Mad Grit could be reworked into Starstrucks effect, I always thought a perk that allows onee shotting someone while carrying would be great, and it still works after you hook or drop the survivor)

Hex: Crows Control is a better Bamboozle (can lock multiple windows instead of one and it blocks it when survivors vault it, just straight up better. on buildings with 3+ windows it's still not good tho. it's a hex but you would get more value off of Crowd Control even if doesn't stay up the entire match than Bamboozle).

No Way Out is a better Remember Me (it works on ALL survivors, not the obsession only and is much easier to achieve because you don't have to constantly chase after the obsession, Remember Me can also be completely countered when the obsession is opening the exit gate).


So my question is: Why are the devs so unoriginal with new perks? All those perks could just be reworks to already existing bad perks. They are not really unique or new, except for Smash-Hit. I'm just disappointed to be honest.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Survivors don’t know you have mad grit, unless they are the one being carried or you spam attacks.

    You are right on No Way Out.

    Crowd control is still a hex, and if it gets broken on a killer who really hates windows before you got the pallet drop at key tiles it’s worse than bamboozle.

    Fast track “getting max stacks” doesn’t matter because by then you will be looking for hatch.

    Poised is still garbage, as is Self Preservation. Maybe good for flashlight saves but you will still hear them running up.

    Lithe is better than Smash Hit because pallets are limited use, windows are not.

  • Think of them as add-ons to existing builds. Like how deception is great with head on and Quick and quiet or appraisal is great in a chest build. They'll add to the experience.

  • "just straight up better but it's a hex" is an oxymoron.

    No, Fast Track is not a better Stake Out. Stake Out is fairly versatile while Fast Track mandates that Survivors die for you to get any value out of the Perk.

    Self-Preservation has a comparable effect to Poised, but requires being nearby other Survivors which is a pretty significant downside.

    Smash Hit is by no means a better Lithe. Lithe is better for juking setups and is much more reliable, but Smash Hit counters Spirit Fury + Enduring combos, enables you to get a lot of distance on the Killer, and can be saved to an even greater degree than Lithe.


    I CAN agree that Starstruck is an overall improvement on Mad Grit and No Way Out is an overall improvement on Remember Me, though. Mad Grit was always a meme, however, and I think No Way Out is a much healthier take on Remember Me's concept, which always required some tunnelling to activate and back when its effect was strong, resulted in extremely painful Exit Gate times.

    So, IMO your thread is a vast extaggeration. I think it's more like 2/6 of the Perks are like this. Personally, I would rather have Perks that are comparable to other Perks, and try remixing old Perk concepts that failed in new better ways, than going back to the Gearhead school of perk design.

  • I don't believe Starstuck and Mad Grit are comparable.

    Starstuck exposes survivors which lasts even after you hook or drop a survivor. This makes the perk less about dealing with body blocking and more about catching nearby survivors off.

    As far as Crowd Control goes, I don't think it's strictly better than Bamboozle. Bamboozle does increase vault speed which can be useful as well. It's certainly more up to play style preference, but I think both are valuable enough that people will pick which one they like more.

  • I guess the intention is for combos especially with the perks you just listen. (Except for the Exhaustion perk, that one was btw a perk often described in community perk ideas)

  • Of course Crowd Control is better than Bamboozle, it's a hex. You risk losing it, thus it has to be more powerful. So you choose between consistency or power - take your pick. Seems a fair choice to me.

    I fully expect No Way Out to be nerfed considerably to be more in line with Remember Me. There's no way in hell they're letting that perk delay the gates 40 seconds - I'm calling it now.

    I'm still on the fence about Starstruck vs Mad Grit.


    Fast Track vs Stake Out - Neither is better than the other. Not everybody can hit a great skill check consistently, making Stake Out a better perk for such people.

    Self Preservation vs Poised - they fire under different circumstances, so comparing them seems silly to me. Self Preservation, I would argue, needs the longer duration as it's dependent on proximity to the killer.

    Smash Hit vs Lithe - again, bad comparison. Lithe is easier to meet the requirements of. Smash Hit, on the other hand, requires more risk and thus should have the greater reward.

  • @FrenziedRoach said:

    Of course Crowd Control is better than Bamboozle, it's a hex. You risk losing it, thus it has to be more powerful. So you choose between consistency or power - take your pick. Seems a fair choice to me.

    I fully expect No Way Out to be nerfed considerably to be more in line with Remember Me. There's no way in hell they're letting that perk delay the gates 40 seconds - I'm calling it now.

    I'm still on the fence about Starstruck vs Mad Grit.

    Fast Track vs Stake Out - Neither is better than the other. Not everybody can hit a great skill check consistently, making Stake Out a better perk for such people.

    Self Preservation vs Poised - they fire under different circumstances, so comparing them seems silly to me. Self Preservation, I would argue, needs the longer duration as it's dependent on proximity to the killer.

    Smash Hit vs Lithe - again, bad comparison. Lithe is easier to meet the requirements of. Smash Hit, on the other hand, requires more risk and thus should have the greater reward.

    I don't see why they would nerf No Way Out. The main reason Remember Me was nerfed was because of EGC starting when hatch is closed. BHVR also adjusted gate opening times as well. No Way Out doesn't trigger when EGC starts just when the last gen is finished.

    So it won't cause any situations of survivors getting trapped while EGC is ticking down.

    Now survivors could open the hatch after finishing the last gen causing EGC to start when the killer closes the hatch. But I don't see that being problematic.

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1989617#Comment_1989617

    I don't see why they would nerf No Way Out. The main reason Remember Me was nerfed was because of EGC starting when hatch is closed. BHVR also adjusted gate opening times as well. No Way Out doesn't trigger when EGC starts just when the last gen is finished.

    So it won't cause any situations of survivors getting trapped while EGC is ticking down.

    Now survivors could open the hatch after finishing the last gen causing EGC to start when the killer closes the hatch. But I don't see that being problematic.

    While I see your point with the triggers being different, I still believe the perk will be nerfed - especially when you KNOW that people are going to pair it with NOED - it's just a given.

    40 seconds is a long time to be stuck with faster-moving one-shot killer. And that's even before you start to touch the gate.

  • @Lexilogo said:

    "just straight up better but it's a hex" is an oxymoron.

    No, Fast Track is not a better Stake Out. Stake Out is fairly versatile while Fast Track mandates that Survivors die for you to get any value out of the Perk.

    Self-Preservation has a comparable effect to Poised, but requires being nearby other Survivors which is a pretty significant downside.

    Smash Hit is by no means a better Lithe. Lithe is better for juking setups and is much more reliable, but Smash Hit counters Spirit Fury + Enduring combos, enables you to get a lot of distance on the Killer, and can be saved to an even greater degree than Lithe.

    I CAN agree that Starstruck is an overall improvement on Mad Grit and No Way Out is an overall improvement on Remember Me, though. Mad Grit was always a meme, however, and I think No Way Out is a much healthier take on Remember Me's concept, which always required some tunnelling to activate and back when its effect was strong, resulted in extremely painful Exit Gate times.

    So, IMO your thread is a vast extaggeration. I think it's more like 2/6 of the Perks are like this. Personally, I would rather have Perks that are comparable to other Perks, and try remixing old Perk concepts that failed in new better ways, than going back to the Gearhead school of perk design.

    Even if the hex only stays up for a limited amount of time it can get you a few downs, unlike bamboozle which hardly does anything. I much rather have a good perk work for a bit than a mediocre perk work the entire match that does almost nothing.

  • i agree with all but smash hit and star struck.

    no way in hell smash hit is better than lithe. it's not even close.

    and mad grit is way better than star struck. i know you and others will think it's better because of the exposed status but the fact that you are made aware of the exposed effect makes it the worse of the two. the fact that you can hide the fact that you have mad grit and reveal it when you want to coupled with the wiggle timer being paused on a successful hit makes it leagues better.

  • I think part of it has to do with the ability to synergize. You can do a build for (let's just take No Way Out for example) endgame where it's like No Way Out, Remember Me, NOED, and like Blood Warden/Fire Up (I know, it's bad)/Rancor/any other endgame perk I'm missing. No Way Out would block the switch for up to 32/36/40 seconds. Then Remember Me kicks in so it takes 36 seconds to open the gate. Then if someone gets hooked, well now you need to wait out a minute before you can leave.

    I know that's a very cheap strat and it's probably not the best thing that I probably gave some [bad word] their next disgusting build to run, but it was just an example.

  • Just gonna pop in for one of the Perks: The Hex one is more powerful than Bamboozle, but you risk losing it.

    It's pretty much Hex-power-scaling incarnate.

  • @Claudette_Baguette said:

    Fast Track is a better Stake Out (more % than stake out and you get more stacks, also you use up all stack in one great skill check, so you can get up to +28% progression on a gen with max stacks)

    Self-Preservation is a better Poised (works more often and more frequent, no limited uses either)

    Smash-Hit is equal/better than Lithe (the only perk that stands out on its own, some might argue its better than Lithe tho because you can get more distance -> killer has to break pallet and then catch up to your sprint burst).

    Starstruck is a better Mad Grit (I thought Mad Grit could be reworked into Starstrucks effect, I always thought a perk that allows onee shotting someone while carrying would be great, and it still works after you hook or drop the survivor)

    Hex: Crows Control is a better Bamboozle (can lock multiple windows instead of one and it blocks it when survivors vault it, just straight up better. on buildings with 3+ windows it's still not good tho. it's a hex but you would get more value off of Crowd Control even if doesn't stay up the entire match than Bamboozle).

    No Way Out is a better Remember Me (it works on ALL survivors, not the obsession only and is much easier to achieve because you don't have to constantly chase after the obsession, Remember Me can also be completely countered when the obsession is opening the exit gate).

    So my question is: Why are the devs so unoriginal with new perks? All those perks could just be reworks to already existing bad perks. They are not really unique or new, except for Smash-Hit. I'm just disappointed to be honest.

    Strong disagree.

    Fast Track is garbage. It is just a lame attempt to revert the Great Skill check nerf.

    Self Preservation fills a completely different role from Poised. It's used when killer happens upon several of you survivors and you were lucky enough not be the one he chose to chase. It's trash because he already isn't chasing you he's going to chase the guy he hit, why do you need more stealth on top of that? Poised only happens after ens. And is even worse trash who the heck even uses Poised? Nobody.

    Smash Hit isn't even 1/100th as good as Lithe, and absolutely doesn't work the same way. Lithe you can reliably activate as long as there's a palette or window. Smash Hit requires you to stun the killer, which is not easy if the killer is any good. And if you already stunned the killer why do you even need a sprint burst? You can already make distance from the stun. It is just a garbage "winmore" perk that nobody is going to use over Lithe. Or any other Exhaustion perk.

    Starstruck - well sure it's better than Mad Grit. Kind of. But giving the exposed effect alerts them what you're up to. It doesn't work the same way. They are not going to try to body block you unlike with Mad Grit.

    Hex Crowd Control -- is better than Bamboozle.... until the survivors blow your totem.

    No Way Out - well yeah the only thing I agree with you on. It is also the best perk in this chapter by far and the most usable one.


    But yes I agree the devs are pretty bad with coming up with new perks and content for this game.

  • Crowd Control is a Hex perk. Basically useless imo.