2021 and shelter woods is still unplayable

Like, yeah for the graphics its beautiful but come on. Every time this map spawns in its already a victory for the killer. No loops, 3 junglegyms, 4 pallets that are usually used the 1st minutes of the game. This one really needs a rework

Comments

  • Yeah, this map sucks. But there are maps to do that to both sides.

  • @Venzhas said:

    Like, yeah for the graphics its beautiful but come on. Every time this map spawns in its already a victory for the killer. No loops, 3 junglegyms, 4 pallets that are usually used the 1st minutes of the game. This one really needs a rework

    I really wish they would put a tree house main building or tree shack I think something as little as that would make it feel alot better playing on that map

  • Rip balanced that you definitely ran

  • That map is definitely rough. There's just so much dead space.

  • Ironically there is very little shelter in those woods

  • It definitely needs a hill or two (or at least let us run off the tree again so I'm not automatically at 3 perks when I get this map as survivor), and a main building. Really hate how empty it is, it's like they didn't even try to make a logical layout for it (being one of the first maps they made that would make sense though tbf)

  • Unplayable is quite an exaggeration. I've been playing it plenty and doing fine.

    Yeah it needs improvements, but it's not that bad. You have deadzones as survivor but it's also a large map for killer, IE lots of time wasted just traversing the map.

  • @Blueberry said:

    Unplayable is quite an exaggeration. I've been playing it plenty and doing fine.

    Yeah it needs improvements, but it's not that bad. You have deadzones as survivor but it's also a large map for killer, IE lots of time wasted just traversing the map.

    Rng is bad too. I had 5 t and l walls one match with no jungle gyms

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1986901#Comment_1986901

    Rng is bad too. I had 5 t and l walls one match with no jungle gyms

    Oh I agree, I'm not a fan of how wild the rng can be in either direction.

  • I actually really enjoy playing shelter woods as survivor, idk why it's just more intense and fun for me!

    The only issue is there are no balanced proc spots beside basement and whenever I put on balanced my shelter woods rate of appearance goes up 200%

  • Had a Wraith DC yesterday after three gens pop and only injuring one survivor.

    I guess he didn't get the memo.

  • Shelter Woods at least is the 2nd largest map. So despite the lack of resources, survivors can still win by splitting up as it's a harder map for killer's to pressure gens on.

    Though some killers can absolutely wreck on the map, because of how little the map offers.