The DBD dilemma.

Ok overtime I have been noticing a dilemma lately in the game and in the community. It has to do with toxicity and a person's playstyle.

I will just ask this

Are you for letting people play how they want or would you be fully against toxicity?

This may seem odd but if you think about it they completely are against each other. If you let people play how they want that's nice and all but it also allows for people to play as toxic as they want. But if you punish toxicity then it's restricting people from playing how they want due to the same reason.

So where do you lie on this question. Are you for free playstyle or for ending toxicity?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • I don't like toxicity but I think there is no way to prevent it and people will always find a way to be toxic.

    That is how most humans are unfortunately.

  • Free playstyle.

    I myself have taken toxicity before, i can take it some more.

  • Define toxicity.

  • @fray1919 said:

    Define toxicity.

    End game chat, survivors teabagging, flashlight clicking, killers hitting a survivor on hook, bodyblocking to prevent the survivors from moving and playing the game. Things like that.

  • @Boss said:

    Free playstyle.

    I myself have taken toxicity before, i can take it some more.

    But wouldn't that mean swf bully squads are completely fine?

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1985724#Comment_1985724

    End game chat, survivors teabagging, flashlight clicking, killers hitting a survivor on hook, bodyblocking to prevent the survivors from moving and playing the game. Things like that.

    Endgame chat: Fully against

    Teabagging: Let them play

    Flashlight clicking: Let them play

    Killers hitting a survivor: Let them play

    Bodyblocking to prevent from moving and playing: Fully against

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1985724#Comment_1985724

    End game chat, survivors teabagging, flashlight clicking, killers hitting a survivor on hook, bodyblocking to prevent the survivors from moving and playing the game. Things like that.

    Endgame chat: Fully against

    Teabagging: Let them play

    Flashlight clicking: Let them play

    Killers hitting a survivor: Let them play

    Bodyblocking to prevent from moving and playing: Fully against

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1985718#Comment_1985718

    But wouldn't that mean swf bully squads are completely fine?

    I'm not saying what's fine and what's not.

    I'm saying people would be free to choose in my book.

  • I'm against toxicity, but I also think people who are toxic should be matched with each other and isolated from the normal population. Since that's an impossibility (I doubt an algorithm can recognize toxicity when we ourselves can barely define it), we're stuck dealing with them. Fortunately, if they do something rule-breaking (which they almost always do), we can report them.

  • The issue here is that we have the worst of both worlds.

    If you aren't running the meta, you're essentially doomed to be crushed underfoot by the other team unless you're an actual pro. Better buy more DLC so that I have access to the meta!

    If you're being toxic, there's nothing anyone can do about it. That is, assuming I know what your personal definition of toxic is.

    Most things that killers do that are considered "toxic" are actual strategies chosen specifically because they're effective in most situations, the main exclusions being slugging all 4 survivors to let them bleed out without ever hooking them, and hitting survivors on the hook.

    Most things that survivors do that are considered "toxic" are just methods of disrespecting and angering other players deliberately with no actual gameplay benefit, the main exclusions being flashlight clicking and bodyblocking.

    I personally believe that players should be encouraged to play the game in a way that increases the atmosphere or makes the game more fun. For example, I honestly hate pretty much everything in the Altruism category, since it usually just takes away the horror of the game. Anything that you do to directly confront the killer should be extremely risky and difficult to pull off, not boring, constant and predictable.