Killer Punished for Chases Close to Hook
Although I like a lot of the potential changes, I feel like this is something that will be detrimental to leaving the hook.
Without knowing the numbers, this seems to provide less incentive to give chase, and more incentive to "finish what you start" if people are hook diving/the killer feels like camping.
I mean, if increasing hook time near the hook was abusable, I'm sure this will be fine ;3
Without knowing the numbers, this seems to provide less incentive to give chase, and more incentive to "finish what you start" if people are hook diving/the killer feels like camping.
I mean, if increasing hook time near the hook was abusable, I'm sure this will be fine ;3
Comments
Certainly seem that way, it should only happen if a survivor is also not within 16m imo.
This is dumb especially for endgame when camping is mandatory, killers are gonna get punished for securing at least one kill when they'd otherwise lose all 4 survivors if they left.
Shouldn´t the survivor emblem suffer from running around the hook?
I mean... is the killer supposed to ignore survivors near the hook?
You'd think the devs would've learned this lesson by now, but apparently not. Punishing Killers for being near the hook is not going to work; it just incentivizes Survivors to hook rush and keep them there.
"Over time" means the latter, but it's possible they didn't explain it properly. Either way, it makes no sense as it's just rewarding Survivors for hook rushing.
Yeah both. Killer should suffer the loss of points if there are no other survivors around, so do the survivors messing around the hook.
What are we, the free rescue salesman?
I'm willing to bet that the rate at which the emblem decays is much lower than the rate it increases during a chase. That means if you chase someone near the hook, you have a net gain albeit lower than a normal chase. But if you just stand by the hook and never chase anyone (the literal issue with camping) then you get punished. You probably won't drop from iri to silver from normal killer gameplay, but you might if you just stand near the hook and never leave until the guy dies.