Is it just me, or are there the same posts over and over again every week?
I was planning on releasing my personal opinion on what bhvr did right and wrong with the game and how the treat their community (not that negative, but I digress) and then I realized that this discussion topic has been brought up infinite amount of times, more often than not in a negative view. Don't get me wrong, I've complained a lot, and I mean a LOT of times on the forums, but I think that the discussions consist of the same messages. There are barely any interesting discussions left that hasn't been brought up for a month or two, so the forum posts consist of the same ######### I've grown accustomed to: complaining about keys, even tho it was revealed that they're planning a nerf for them some months ago, people having their own breakdown and writing a post on why they uninstalled dbd, even tho in my opinion, if you think someone will take you seriously if you threaten to uninstall the game, then you're daydreaming, bhvr won't listen to an angry reddit poster that says why he quitted dbd and still hangs out on the official dbd forums. Killers being too op and survivors being too op, game being killer sided or survivor sided, bhvr not listening to their community, the list goes on.
The point is, I don't see any progress on the forums, where the community is supposed to gather and talk about major criticisms, suggest fixes and talk about the game and their experience. What I see right now are some angry reddit posters spamming forums everytime they can.
If you really think about it, this forum is also not productive, since I point out the obvious. So, my message is generally this: don't spam the same discussion topics, if you uninstalled dbd you should really not start complaining about it on the forums, since you already left the game, or at least be a bit more polite to it, criticize the game but don't be too aggressive about it and generally don't be a dick in the forums.
So, to the people that actually read the whole thing, thank you! These 2-5 minutes of your life kinda went to waste, and they're not coming back. So have a cookie you deserve it ๐ช
Comment below if you agree or disagree.
Comments
Aren't the repeated posts what they would consider as "major criticisms"?
And they're not "fixed" yet, so they'll keep talking about them.
That's just me trying to see the logic behind it.
This forum is a lot better then the subreddit. So it could be worse.
It's not you, no. I rarely see anything new on the forum.
That's the nature of game-related forums.
There is only so much that changes in a game over time. DBD isn't exactly a fast updated game so there isn't much to discuss between updates.
And even the fastest-updated games have the same problem.
Forums for games tend to devolve into
This game forum is no exception.
If you are looking for better quality forum look for a more general forum for games in general, rather than one tied to a specific game. Specific game forums are still useful though because you can find people with a lot of knowledge in these forums and learn stuff you wouldn't learn anywhere else. These days you can get similar info from Influencers and YouTubers, but if you're old school and don't like influencers (like me) forums are still the go to.
Just glad DS spam posts are on a brief hiatus
With all due respect, no. At least in my opinion. I see them more as complains about already known issues rather than criticisms. But that's simply my opinion
That's what I see at least
I completely agree. I haven't been to many game forums for these reasons, this one is an exception because I can see some smart and interesting posts made here. Leagues, for example, is one of the the last places I want to find myself into alongside reddit and school
Same ๐ฉ different day.
Only time the topic changes is when something new is anounced.
I really didn't like the title of this post, but you made at least one valid point. That if people either don't play or just claim to not play this game, that you should find a new hobby rather whining about a game that you claim you don't even play.
I think it's fine because volume of repeated posts tells what people are more concerned with and you can just ignore them.
I take months away at a time. I always comeback to the same topics.
But that's not what i speculated.
I was speculating what they think when posting them.
I already knew what you thought from your main post. ๐
Oh mb <3