Can someone explain to me why everyone is so convinced this next chapter has a LGBT character?

Everyone seems to think the next chapter has a LGBT character but I Just don't get why nothing they posted really leads me to believe so the person in the photo they sent looks to have a female body and maybe a beard but its too hard to tell if its a beard or a shadow ,And the person in the profile picture is said to have a mustache but I just don't see it. The only thing that really leads me to believe this is the color scheme of the profile picture being the same as the I think Bisexual flag. I just seems weird to me that everyone is so set in stone maybe I'm just missing something but it really seems like it could be up in the air on the characters sexuality.

Please let me know what I'm missing or explain why you think something I said here leads to the character being LGBT.

Comments

  • InkedOF7XITmV_400x400_LI.jpg

    Are you talking about this?

    It looks like dimple lines to me ,but I could see that being a mustache

    Still its like the beard/shadow on the second picture it looks like something else and its pretty hard to tell which it is.

  • False! Its a Pinhead Hellraisers Chapter. You will see.

  • @panernaners said:

    Everyone seems to think the next chapter has a LGBT character but I Just don't get why nothing they posted really leads me to believe so the person in the photo they sent looks to have a female body and maybe a beard but its too hard to tell if its a beard or a shadow ,And the person in the profile picture is said to have a mustache but I just don't see it. The only thing that really leads me to believe this is the color scheme of the profile picture being the same as the I think Bisexual flag. I just seems weird to me that everyone is so set in stone maybe I'm just missing something but it really seems like it could be up in the air on the characters sexuality.

    Please let me know what I'm missing or explain why you think something I said here leads to the character being LGBT.

    You aren't missing out on much. Nothing confirmed yet. Just as usual, people were speculating about the new survivor/killer. It's just once the words LGBT come up the topic becomes hot and blow up into about 20 other threads in response.

  • One thing I've learned from 4 years of playing this game. People tend to speculate.

    When PH was coming out everyone(myself included) thought it was going to be Candyman. Wasn't upset that is was PH but after reading all the fan theory's, people had me convinced.

    When the clown's teaser photo was introduced all we saw was a ring of fingers on his belt. We all thought that was The Ringmaster because BHVR said they won't introduce a clown killer because people are really terrified of clowns.

    When they teased the Twins some people thought it was the Wendigo from Until Dawn.

    Until the killer gets here or the devs make an announcement, I will take everything with a grain of salt.

  • It is still speculation at the end of the day, the leaks site that 'announced' the chapter being LGBT for sure doesn't seem to have any actual source.


    I think people are speculating that it is, mainly because this chapter seems to be getting more teasing beforehand than the previous few chapters. Something getting teased alot is usually something the devs will know people are looking forward to, and many fans have been eagerly anticipating lgbt rep for a while now, since it was promised to be a topic the devs won't avoid (during last pride month).


    Having said this, there is already at least one LGBT character in the game and there has been for a while (MCOTE made a tweet confirming this was said, in 2019) but nothing has actually been revealed lore wise yet. That is why people are hoping that is what the chapter reveal will include, since it'll be a first for dbd canon.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    there was someone who immediately jumped to "TIME POWER" when the video teaser dropped

    people on this forum have wild assumptions

    I was one of those people ,but I just think its weird that everyone wants to argue over something that isn't even confirmed yet. I can understand the first person calling out the blatant homophobia in some people ,but do we really need this many threads about arguing over something that might not even come true?

  • How do people know about this? (I don't care either way I'm just looking for the source of these leaks). All I've seen are the twitter logo silhouette and the rewind teaser.

    Are there any sources you guys could point me to? Thanks

  • @Mooshroome64 said:

    It is still speculation at the end of the day, the leaks site that 'announced' the chapter being LGBT for sure doesn't seem to have any actual source.

    I think people are speculating that it is, mainly because this chapter seems to be getting more teasing beforehand than the previous few chapters. Something getting teased alot is usually something the devs will know people are looking forward to, and many fans have been eagerly anticipating lgbt rep for a while now, since it was promised to be a topic the devs won't avoid (during last pride month).

    Having said this, there is already at least one LGBT character in the game and there has been for a while (MCOTE made a tweet confirming this was said, in 2019) but nothing has actually been revealed lore wise yet. That is why people are hoping that is what the chapter reveal will include, since it'll be a first for dbd canon.

    Oh ok this makes a lot more sense now ,but still people hyping up something this much are setting themselves up to be disappointed if it doesn't come true.

  • It is all just speculation from the sources you've mentioned.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1979649#Comment_1979649

    we do, because some people feel very strongly about the topic because they've put up with a lot of ######### in their life growing up. guaranteed there're some attention seekers (that you can identify by their near-plagiarism of other threads, seriously people, learn to word things and think about topics in your own way), but the topic is a valid one regardless of whatever this chapter ends up becoming.

    Yeah I can agree with that if someone was talking about why a atheist survivor or killer shouldn't be added because it would feel forced I would feel the same way although I haven't suffered nearly as badly because Its a choice I made not something I'm just stuck with so I can understand that.

  • BHVR had already announced they were going to be less exclusive, since they had had heterosexual lore in the game for years. Why would you respect them for going back on their word?

  • If it's not BHVR should get ahead of the game and tell people it's not.

    Because people are so sure it is they are going to be fairly disappointed if they are told it's not last second/only when revealed.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    If it's not BHVR should get ahead of the game and tell people it's not.

    Because people are so sure it is they are going to be fairly disappointed if they are told it's not last second/only when revealed.

    They only have themselves to blame. BHVR never said this chapter would include LGBT characters.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1979764#Comment_1979764

    BHVR had already announced they were going to be less exclusive, since they had had heterosexual lore in the game for years. Why would you respect them for going back on their word?

    How do you know Kate isn't a lesbian? Oh right, you don't.

  • @ExalyThor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1979768#Comment_1979768

    How do you know Kate isn't a lesbian? Oh right, you don't.

    So why does the Nurse get an explicit mention of her husband, yet non-heterosexuals are supposed to be content with characters who are not explicitly heterosexual and just pretend they're LGBT?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    If it's not BHVR should get ahead of the game and tell people it's not.

    Because people are so sure it is they are going to be fairly disappointed if they are told it's not last second/only when revealed.

    exactly ,But that's not really their fault so they shouldn't spoil it. If you get disappointed over hyping up something up that was never confirmed you were kind of asking for it.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1979769#Comment_1979769

    They only have themselves to blame. BHVR never said this chapter would include LGBT characters.

    That doesn't matter.

    @panernaners said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1979769#Comment_1979769

    exactly ,But that's not really their fault so they shouldn't spoil it. If you get disappointed over hyping up something up that was never confirmed you were kind of asking for it.

    That doesn't matter though, the implications were driven by intentionally vague deliveries backed by previous talks from them that would lead one to that assumption.

    It's not a big deal either way, it's just something I think they should do. I'm not going to argue about it.

  • Why not? The devs have never confirmed or denied that a chapter would contain a certain character for that exact reason, because it's not their fault if the fans hype themselves up.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1979780#Comment_1979780

    So why does the Nurse get an explicit mention of her husband, yet non-heterosexuals are supposed to be content with characters who are not explicitly heterosexual and just pretend they're LGBT?

    Because it was an easy plot to write? Husband lumberjack. Wife housewife. Husband dies. Wife has to get a job. Wife goes mad. The end. Try to write a plot this simple for lgbt.

  • @ExalyThor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1979789#Comment_1979789

    Because it was an easy plot to write? Husband lumberjack. Wife housewife. Husband dies. Wife has to get a job. Wife goes mad. The end. Try to write a plot this simple for lgbt.

    Replace "husband" with "wife" (or vice-versa, if you think women can't be lumberjacks). Done.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1979829#Comment_1979829

    Replace "husband" with "wife" (or vice-versa, if you think women can't be lumberjacks). Done.

    Now you see, gay marriage wasn't a thing in the 30s.

  • I think it ties into the devs making a statement a while ago about wanting to add more representation into the game and so far we haven't seen that. So it's just a matter of time and I guess some things, like the colour scheme you mentioned, hint towards the beginning of the representation they claimed they'd add.

    And obviously dumb people are getting pissy about it because it's somehow a problem to them :)

  • In our reality, you mean. The Entity can take people from any reality.

  • then change the timeline add in two characters of the same sex in a relationship and done its not that hard.

  • @ExalyThor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1979789#Comment_1979789

    Because it was an easy plot to write? Husband lumberjack. Wife housewife. Husband dies. Wife has to get a job. Wife goes mad. The end. Try to write a plot this simple for lgbt.

    I don't think you realize that a plot with a LGBT character is literary just a plot for a straight character but their not straight.