I think it is fine. Sure you can get value out of it but it is just undetectable and gen info. We already have stealth killers and they are not op just for being stealthy even if they are running surveillance or discordance.
I've used it and played against it enough to know it's overtuned. The clear notification of when a generator reaches 70% with no cooldown is the problem, the long undetectable status is just a bonus.
In the hands of a good killer it's going to be a hatch game. It hard carries on its own, let alone using it with other perks. Spine Chill MIGHT help you avoid a hit, but the killer has crucial intel now and in the endgame with one or two gens left when one survivor is probably dead already it's gg.
Killer mains that use it will disagree because well..it's the best killer perk in the game. It is not the most common but I'm sure if the data was looked at this perk is top tier.
It should either have a limited number of uses via tokens, similar to Distortion or only activate once per generator.
Powerful in the right hands, comes in clutch at times but i wouldn't say its OP.
Its useful on some killers, relatively pointless on others so to say its the best killer perk is just not correct.
I use it on some killers and sometimes yes I'll get a suprise hit that the survivor could do nothing/very little about. Most times though I find its a lack of awareness on the survivors part that makes tinkerer so successful when it is; I use it on Clown and they get so used to the 32m TR they don't even look behind them on a Gen. I even had someone message me saying the lack of red light caught them off.
Its a powerful perk in the right hands. Against top survivors it has limited use. I think its fine as is
I think it is fine. Sure you can get value out of it but it is just undetectable and gen info. We already have stealth killers and they are not op just for being stealthy even if they are running surveillance or discordance.
Stealth is not the issue. The gen info and survivor location towards the end of the game is. Stealth killers use this perk too.
Powerful in the right hands, comes in clutch at times but i wouldn't say its OP.
Its useful on some killers, relatively pointless on others so to say its the best killer perk is just not correct.
I use it on some killers and sometimes yes I'll get a suprise hit that the survivor could do nothing/very little about. Most times though I find its a lack of awareness on the survivors part that makes tinkerer so successful when it is; I use it on Clown and they get so used to the 32m TR they don't even look behind them on a Gen. I even had someone message me saying the lack of red light caught them off.
Its a powerful perk in the right hands. Against top survivors it has limited use. I think its fine as is
It's good on every killer. Like I said the issue isn't the stealth it's when there's 3/4 gens left on a map. Top tier Pig mains use it for a reason. Against top survivors maybe because they co-ordinate getting 2 gens to 70% at the same time, which is still asking a lot. A bunch of solo players are done for.
It's good on every killer. Like I said the issue isn't the stealth it's when there's 3/4 gens left on a map. Top tier Pig mains use it for a reason. Against top survivors maybe because they co-ordinate getting 2 gens to 70% at the same time, which is still asking a lot. A bunch of solo players are done for.
Depends what aspect its being used. For notification of near gen completion yes although some killers can utilise that better than others (Freddy is amazing with tinkerer because he can teleport to gens). With regards to stealth, I would say louder killers aren't so useful, demogorgan is sooooo loud that even with undectable (that he gets when portals are being destroyed) its near enough pointless because anyone with a headset will hear his thudded footsteps and growls. I think again its a case of it being in the right hands; I find it amazing on clown. But again its experience and skill; should I pressure the gen that went off even though I'm average mobility? Or find someone else to chase with no TR?
One thing I will say, I get amazing satisfaction gen grabbing someone with clown. And the amount of jump scares is fun. That habing been said, i still feel its not just how I use it as clown it also depends on the survivors awareness as well. A combination of the two. And the first time you get tinkerer is key because smart survivors clock it after the first time.
Do you use it as killer or have you gone against it as survivor?
I've used it and played against it enough to know it's overtuned. The clear notification of when a generator reaches 70% with no cooldown is the problem, the long undetectable status is just a bonus.
In the hands of a good killer it's going to be a hatch game. It hard carries on its own, let alone using it with other perks. Spine Chill MIGHT help you avoid a hit, but the killer has crucial intel now and in the endgame with one or two gens left when one survivor is probably dead already it's gg.
Killer mains that use it will disagree because well..it's the best killer perk in the game. It is not the most common but I'm sure if the data was looked at this perk is top tier.
It should either have a limited number of uses via tokens, similar to Distortion or only activate once per generator.
In a game where I can lose 3 generators in 2 minutes, this perk is a required part of the game's health right now.
Depends what aspect its being used. For notification of near gen completion yes although some killers can utilise that better than others (Freddy is amazing with tinkerer because he can teleport to gens). With regards to stealth, I would say louder killers aren't so useful, demogorgan is sooooo loud that even with undectable (that he gets when portals are being destroyed) its near enough pointless because anyone with a headset will hear his thudded footsteps and growls. I think again its a case of it being in the right hands; I find it amazing on clown. But again its experience and skill; should I pressure the gen that went off even though I'm average mobility? Or find someone else to chase with no TR?
One thing I will say, I get amazing satisfaction gen grabbing someone with clown. And the amount of jump scares is fun. That habing been said, i still feel its not just how I use it as clown it also depends on the survivors awareness as well. A combination of the two. And the first time you get tinkerer is key because smart survivors clock it after the first time.
Do you use it as killer or have you gone against it as survivor?
I always use it as killer if I want to make sure I win. I think the stealth part of the perk is fine honestly. The constant flow of a gen nearing completion feels a bit cheap. It punishes survivors for doing well to get a gen that far and rewards me for not looking after them. I can do whatever I want until Tinkerer goes off. As a survivor you don't come across it much but when you do it usually ends the same way.
In a game where I can lose 3 generators in 2 minutes, this perk is a required part of the game's health right now.
The only time that ever happens is at the start of a game where you chase one person for too long and the other 3 are on a generator each. Corrupt Intervention is a fair perk what stops that or adjust how you play early game.
The only time that ever happens is at the start of a game where you chase one person for too long and the other 3 are on a generator each. Corrupt Intervention is a fair perk what stops that or adjust how you play early game.
You cannot say "You don't need perk Y because perk X exists".
This thread, if nothing else, illustrates how there are like 10 Killer perks worth anything and the rest are garbage. Tinkerer only seems god tier because there's such an ocean of unusable trash perks.
You cannot say "You don't need perk Y because perk X exists".
This thread, if nothing else, illustrates how there are like 10 Killer perks worth anything and the rest are garbage. Tinkerer only seems god tier because there's such an ocean of unusable trash perks.
I said what perk would help with that early game problem. A killer is just chasing the first guy too long if 3 gens pop.
Both sides have unusable trash perks.
Tinkerer is just overtuned and in the right hands the exit gates are not getting powered.
Most of the top streamers who 4K every game and gloat about it have this perk because it carries them.
I said what perk would help with that early game problem. A killer is just chasing the first guy too long if 3 gens pop.
Both sides have unusable trash perks.
Tinkerer is just overtuned and in the right hands the exit gates are not getting powered.
Most of the top streamers who 4K every game and gloat about it have this perk because it carries them.
Yes, yes, yes. This is the same trash argument I hear about every single Killer perk survivors don't like. I could take almost every argument you've made about Tinkerer and replace it with "NOED" and the threads would read the same.
Yes, yes, yes. This is the same trash argument I hear about every single Killer perk survivors don't like. I could take almost every argument you've made about Tinkerer and replace it with "NOED" and the threads would read the same.
I play killer just as much, clearly you only play killer. You're saying that's a trash argument yet now you are bringing up NOED vs Tinkerer hahaha. NOED can be cleansed and isn't active until the end of the game, little bit different isn't it? Go talk nonsense somewhere else.
I play killer just as much, clearly you only play killer. You're saying that's a trash argument yet now you are bringing up NOED vs Tinkerer hahaha. NOED can be cleansed and isn't active until the end of the game, little bit different isn't it? Go talk nonsense somewhere else.
"I play killer just as much, clearly you only play killer."
Where do people come up with lines like this? I played about 12 games of Dead By Daylight last night and every single one of them was Survivor. Jumping to conclusions must burn a lot of calories.
In the hands of a good killer it's going to be a hatch game. It hard carries on its own
Are you kidding me?
No. Go watch top tier killers play with it and see how many times the exit gates get opened. Aren't you the guy who cries about dead hard being OP in every thread anyway? Yeah I'm gonna just ignore whatever you have to say lmao.
"I play killer just as much, clearly you only play killer."
Where do people come up with lines like this? I played about 12 games of Dead By Daylight last night and every single one of them was Survivor. Jumping to conclusions must burn a lot of calories.
"This is the same trash argument I hear about every single Killer perk survivors don't like" yeah I wonder why I called you a killer main, mystery...
No. Go watch top tier killers play with it and see how many times the exit gates get opened. Aren't you the guy who cries about dead hard being OP in every thread anyway? Yeah I'm gonna just ignore whatever you have to say lmao.
No. Go watch top tier killers play with it and see how many times the exit gates get opened. Aren't you the guy who cries about dead hard being OP in every thread anyway? Yeah I'm gonna just ignore whatever you have to say lmao.
"This is the same trash argument I hear about every single Killer perk survivors don't like" yeah I wonder why I called you a killer main, mystery...
Top tier Killers 4K befoer the exit gates all the time that is why they are top tier killers.
And no, I don't cry about Dead Hard. I have zero problem with Dead Hard. I'm not a Killer main or a Dead Hard whiner, so I think you very much have me confused with someone else.
And you don't have to be a killer main to notice the same repeat arguments on the forums.
Tinkerer is fine. If survivors are doing gen like tourists, without paying attention to their surroundings, it's their fault. For a long time I ran Tinkerer (immediately after its buff, until Undying nerf, now I prefer Devour/Undying) while playing Nurse, and sure it's effective, but when you got caught one time, you'll never get caught.
And when I play Survivor, I'm always paying attention when reaching +70% if there is ruin in the game (cleansed, or not cleansed). And as said above, if I get caught one time, I'll never get caught later. Actually you can harass the killer with it.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I think it is fine. Sure you can get value out of it but it is just undetectable and gen info. We already have stealth killers and they are not op just for being stealthy even if they are running surveillance or discordance.
Powerful in the right hands, comes in clutch at times but i wouldn't say its OP.
Its useful on some killers, relatively pointless on others so to say its the best killer perk is just not correct.
I use it on some killers and sometimes yes I'll get a suprise hit that the survivor could do nothing/very little about. Most times though I find its a lack of awareness on the survivors part that makes tinkerer so successful when it is; I use it on Clown and they get so used to the 32m TR they don't even look behind them on a Gen. I even had someone message me saying the lack of red light caught them off.
Its a powerful perk in the right hands. Against top survivors it has limited use. I think its fine as is
Stealth is not the issue. The gen info and survivor location towards the end of the game is. Stealth killers use this perk too.
It's good on every killer. Like I said the issue isn't the stealth it's when there's 3/4 gens left on a map. Top tier Pig mains use it for a reason. Against top survivors maybe because they co-ordinate getting 2 gens to 70% at the same time, which is still asking a lot. A bunch of solo players are done for.
The top killer streamers who use this perk 4K every game. If they didn't have this perk their killer skills would actually show.
I used it and found two survivors on the gen and hit one of them and the other just popped it in my face
Early game sure that might happen. This perk hard carries in the end game.
It's really good with ruin unless they cleanse it
Depends what aspect its being used. For notification of near gen completion yes although some killers can utilise that better than others (Freddy is amazing with tinkerer because he can teleport to gens). With regards to stealth, I would say louder killers aren't so useful, demogorgan is sooooo loud that even with undectable (that he gets when portals are being destroyed) its near enough pointless because anyone with a headset will hear his thudded footsteps and growls. I think again its a case of it being in the right hands; I find it amazing on clown. But again its experience and skill; should I pressure the gen that went off even though I'm average mobility? Or find someone else to chase with no TR?
One thing I will say, I get amazing satisfaction gen grabbing someone with clown. And the amount of jump scares is fun. That habing been said, i still feel its not just how I use it as clown it also depends on the survivors awareness as well. A combination of the two. And the first time you get tinkerer is key because smart survivors clock it after the first time.
Do you use it as killer or have you gone against it as survivor?
In a game where I can lose 3 generators in 2 minutes, this perk is a required part of the game's health right now.
I always use it as killer if I want to make sure I win. I think the stealth part of the perk is fine honestly. The constant flow of a gen nearing completion feels a bit cheap. It punishes survivors for doing well to get a gen that far and rewards me for not looking after them. I can do whatever I want until Tinkerer goes off. As a survivor you don't come across it much but when you do it usually ends the same way.
The only time that ever happens is at the start of a game where you chase one person for too long and the other 3 are on a generator each. Corrupt Intervention is a fair perk what stops that or adjust how you play early game.
You cannot say "You don't need perk Y because perk X exists".
This thread, if nothing else, illustrates how there are like 10 Killer perks worth anything and the rest are garbage. Tinkerer only seems god tier because there's such an ocean of unusable trash perks.
I said what perk would help with that early game problem. A killer is just chasing the first guy too long if 3 gens pop.
Both sides have unusable trash perks.
Tinkerer is just overtuned and in the right hands the exit gates are not getting powered.
Most of the top streamers who 4K every game and gloat about it have this perk because it carries them.
Yes, yes, yes. This is the same trash argument I hear about every single Killer perk survivors don't like. I could take almost every argument you've made about Tinkerer and replace it with "NOED" and the threads would read the same.
I play killer just as much, clearly you only play killer. You're saying that's a trash argument yet now you are bringing up NOED vs Tinkerer hahaha. NOED can be cleansed and isn't active until the end of the game, little bit different isn't it? Go talk nonsense somewhere else.
"I play killer just as much, clearly you only play killer."
Where do people come up with lines like this? I played about 12 games of Dead By Daylight last night and every single one of them was Survivor. Jumping to conclusions must burn a lot of calories.
In the hands of a good killer it's going to be a hatch game. It hard carries on its own
Are you kidding me?
No. Go watch top tier killers play with it and see how many times the exit gates get opened. Aren't you the guy who cries about dead hard being OP in every thread anyway? Yeah I'm gonna just ignore whatever you have to say lmao.
"This is the same trash argument I hear about every single Killer perk survivors don't like" yeah I wonder why I called you a killer main, mystery...
Lol a perk that's proven to cost games isn't OP, but a meme perk that turns off the terror radius is OP.....ok.
What other perks were they using? you can't look at Tinkerer and a 4k and automatically assume it's because of that perk.
Top tier Killers 4K befoer the exit gates all the time that is why they are top tier killers.
And no, I don't cry about Dead Hard. I have zero problem with Dead Hard. I'm not a Killer main or a Dead Hard whiner, so I think you very much have me confused with someone else.
And you don't have to be a killer main to notice the same repeat arguments on the forums.
Tinkerer is fine. If survivors are doing gen like tourists, without paying attention to their surroundings, it's their fault. For a long time I ran Tinkerer (immediately after its buff, until Undying nerf, now I prefer Devour/Undying) while playing Nurse, and sure it's effective, but when you got caught one time, you'll never get caught.
And when I play Survivor, I'm always paying attention when reaching +70% if there is ruin in the game (cleansed, or not cleansed). And as said above, if I get caught one time, I'll never get caught later. Actually you can harass the killer with it.
it's an annoying perk. i also wish it had a cool down, but just a tiny one.