Solo Survivor Experience is Terrible

Most of games are not fun because survivors doesnt know how to play.


Saving people before killer leave, not looping, crouching, suiciding for no reason, feeding killer and so much terrible stuffs. When i have smart teammates game is really so fun, even if i die. But when i have terrible teammates, even i escape with hatch or gates it is still not fun.


I really understood why people playing as swf. Solo experience is not playable.

Comments

  • Lately my solo Q games have actually been not that bad,yeah I do get that random Yui who sprint bursts into the killer every now and then but I feel like it's gotten a tiny bit better.

  • @Northener1907 said:

    Most of games are not fun because survivors doesnt know how to play.

    Saving people before killer leave, not looping, crouching, suiciding for no reason, feeding killer and so much terrible stuffs. When i have smart teammates game is really so fun, even if i die. But when i have terrible teammates, even i escape with hatch or gates it is still not fun.

    I really understood why people playing as swf. Solo experience is not playable.

    it gets better, when i solo q i use perks like bond to make it a little easier

  • My personal favorite soloQ build is Windows of Oppertunity, Visionary, Kindred and Open Handed. It gives you a visual representation of everything that is important:

    Gen locations, window locations, survivor locations when someone is hooked and the killer's location if he/she remains close.

    You could ask someone else to run Open Handed as well, because more range means more info.

  • I love solo Q. But you have to fight your way through the grind of terrible players to play with better survivors. It’s tough, but it gets better.

  • Killer is the best solo Q experience

  • Solo q is mixed bag. I don't have much trouble with it tho for the most part. I am aware of the problems but that doesn't stop me from enjoying it.

  • @SilentPill said:

    Killer is the best solo Q experience

    Indeed. Survivor SQ was always a martyrdom. One plays SQ to atone for past sins or to acquire karma for the next life.

  • @Northener1907 said:

    Most of games are not fun because survivors doesnt know how to play.

    Saving people before killer leave, not looping, crouching, suiciding for no reason, feeding killer and so much terrible stuffs. When i have smart teammates game is really so fun, even if i die. But when i have terrible teammates, even i escape with hatch or gates it is still not fun.

    I really understood why people playing as swf. Solo experience is not playable.

    Remember to always turn off crossplatform.

    Most potatoes from all platforms have it turned on because its the default setting.

  • Solo survivor have to carry stones in wheelbarrow

    Swf have no stones to carry.

  • Solo is definitely a pain in the ass. There is a reason so many prefer to SWF and many killers prefer to face solos.

  • @Clevite said:

    Solo is definitely a pain in the ass. There is a reason so many prefer to SWF and many killers prefer to face solos.

    It really wasn’t that bad before crossplay.

    Now there is a killer shortage (I assume) because console killers are at a severe disadvantage. So survivors get matched up with whoever, at whatever, rank. As a red rank killer I routinely get full green lobbies which is sad.

    A few years ago red rank survivor was a relatively chill experience. Between the bad matchmaking (not sure if bad but more likely just a shortage of players) and repeated survivor nerfs it’s definitely painful. It’s too easy to ######### on hook and leave 3 people to lose the match with no options.

  • @LastShoe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/230714/solo-survivor-experience-is-terrible

    Remember to always turn off crossplatform.

    Most potatoes from all platforms have it turned on because its the default setting.

    if it wont kill surv queue i will do that and are you sure that will work?

  • I'm on PC and only queue crossplay off on solo survivor. The difference in escape rate is astounding. Crossplay solo is a slaughterhouse. Survivors simply don't know how to play the game at red ranks. Ridiculously bad decision-making and game management. At least half can't manage a single tile without taking a hit against any killer, and for whatever reason they're allergic to generators as if you can power the exit gates with hopes and dreams. I'm not saying it's just console survivors or whatever, by the way.

    Then I queue crossplay off solo queue and the games are 5-8 minutes with constant 3 and 4 outs. 100x better experience. People are actually trying and making an effort to play optimally.

    I think a lot of people would like the queues to be split between casual and competitive. It's ridiculously boring when I can sleepwalk through killer games at rank 1 with no slowdowns and 4k at 3 gens. And I just get annoyed at teammates who play to "have fun". Conversely, survivors often d/c against me. Nobody is happy because there are two very different versions of DbD depending on how you want to play, yet you're forced into playing with whoever.

  • @Northener1907 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1978419#Comment_1978419

    if it wont kill surv queue i will do that and are you sure that will work?

    I can't speak for console, but PC crossplay off is 100x better. You'll still get bads, but it won't be every single game like crossplay on. Plus, if you're on PC, you don't have to deal with attic wifi xbox Jimmy killer hits anymore.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1978695#Comment_1978695

    I can't speak for console, but PC crossplay off is 100x better. You'll still get bads, but it won't be every single game like crossplay on. Plus, if you're on PC, you don't have to deal with attic wifi xbox Jimmy killer hits anymore.

    I am pc player and i will try that thank you

  • I suppose it depends on experience and a bit of luck. I love to play solo as survivor as it feels more challenging because lets face it SWF is a walk in the park.

    I could suggest you a few underrated perks that helps a lot while playing solo. For example Aftercare, very useful not only for you but for your teammates, from my pov its a broken perk, you can see each other auras from unlimited time and range. But for some reason not many people use it.

    And the other one that its very useful is Deliverance, if your teammates don't unhook you, then unhook yourself and problem solve.

  • Solo que is the best experience as survivor. I enjoy it far more and bad teammates deliver the horror experience, there's always a useless character in movies.

  • @Northener1907 said:

    Most of games are not fun because survivors doesnt know how to play.

    Saving people before killer leave, not looping, crouching, suiciding for no reason, feeding killer and so much terrible stuffs. When i have smart teammates game is really so fun, even if i die. But when i have terrible teammates, even i escape with hatch or gates it is still not fun.

    I really understood why people playing as swf. Solo experience is not playable.

    the irony is the more swf there are, especially of the 3 man constantly breaking the lobby tetris, the fewer killers there will be staying on out of new ones and the more old ones will get burnt out over time. it's gonna be fun when it gets tot hat point cause I wanna see all the "why is survivor queue so long pls fix" threads start up again lol