Unpopular Opinion: Tunneling

I'll make this short. This is an asymmetrical 4 vs 1 horror game correct. Asymmetrical, uneven, odd, and unfair. Survivors use their perks and tools and critical thinking to think of the best way to win, right? Killers ALSO use perks, add-ons, and critical thinking to win. If a killer finds a TACTIC that works, like tunneling, that should be fine. From all that I've read, a bunch of you f*cking hate tunneling and get so mad when we use a tactic to our advantage. It's not cheating, breaking the game, it's just a TACTIC THAT WORKS.

Comments

  • I'm responsible for MY fun, nobody else's. If you play in a matter that is foolish and run an injured and previously hooked survivor in front of me without protecting them, I am going to ruthlessly hunt down that prey


    don't like it? Get good and stop me


    It's that simple. The moment people stop worrying about how other people play their game and focus on their own, the better this community will get.

  • The problem I have is tunnel vision. I get that tunneling is an effective strat, but if I'm getting Tunneled, someone takes a hit, and the killer keeps coming for me anyway, That's a bit more annoying

  • @FrenziedRoach said:

    I'm responsible for MY fun, nobody else's. If you play in a matter that is foolish and run an injured and previously hooked survivor in front of me without protecting them, I am going to ruthlessly hunt down that prey

    don't like it? Get good and stop me

    It's that simple. The moment people stop worrying about how other people play their game and focus on their own, the better this community will get.

    Completely agree. I don't care about how the other players are feeling and whether or not I'm providing them with a good game experience. Hell, if anything, knowing I just completely wreaked survivors with a 4k is a great feeling! If I can't get a 4k, I'll still enjoy tunneling a survivor and knowing I ######### up at least one of them. Killers are there to kill survivors by any means the game has provided for. Anybody that thinks there is a way the game is "supposed" to be played can ######### off. Devs provide functionality, and players decide how to use the functionality.

  • My biggest issue comes from when teammates set me up to get tunnelled with horrible saves. Like, don't unhook someone when the Killer is close enough to smell your farts, they're going to get downed again.

  • I was tunneled so hard I only got around 400 bp. Yes killers are allowed to do whatever the heck they want, but sometimes it's just too overboard.

  • As a survivor main, I dislike tunneling because it feels cheap, even with the meta perks you'll feel powerless as the killer can just barrel you down and take you out while your teammates escape.

    On the same note, when a killer is tunneling someone he's not actively searching for other survivors, so it's generator repair simulator.

    However I absolutely see why killers need to tunnel to win, I just approve of it more when it's out of necessity and not out of toxicity

  • @DwightFairfield said:

    As a survivor main, I dislike tunneling because it feels cheap, even with the meta perks you'll feel powerless as the killer can just barrel you down and take you out while your teammates escape.

    On the same note, when a killer is tunneling someone he's not actively searching for other survivors, so it's generator repair simulator.

    However I absolutely see why killers need to tunnel to win, I just approve of it more when it's out of necessity and not out of toxicity

    There is a definate difference between doing it to be a dick and doing it because the opportunity was presented on a silver platter complete with side dishes and a garnish.


    The latter is where I fall. I don't seek out to tunnel anybody because it's best to slow the game down by spreading out the pain. But if somebody hook farms or surivvors give me no reason to leave, you I'm going to be cold and ruthless about punishing that bad gameplay.

  • Keys, DS + Unbreakable are also tactics.

  • @ColonelManny said:

    I'll make this short. This is an asymmetrical 4 vs 1 horror game correct. Asymmetrical, uneven, odd, and unfair. Survivors use their perks and tools and critical thinking to think of the best way to win, right? Killers ALSO use perks, add-ons, and critical thinking to win. If a killer finds a TACTIC that works, like tunneling, that should be fine. From all that I've read, a bunch of you f*cking hate tunneling and get so mad when we use a tactic to our advantage. It's not cheating, breaking the game, it's just a TACTIC THAT WORKS.

    By the very same logic, gen rushing should be a viable tactic for Survivors, no?

    Oh, right Killers will complain and cry about Survivors who do that. See that? It can go both ways.

  • @Kellie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1967991#Comment_1967991

    Or people want to enjoy the match too and don't want to sit still for a minute, just to have the killer wait behind them and hook them again. People like you throw the word 'entitled' around so much it lost it's meaning.

    you know that's like 90% of dbd right? sitting still on gens, or sitting still on hook, that's the whole objective. maybe if they don't like that then they shouldn't be playing dbd.

  • @ColonelManny said:

    I'll make this short. This is an asymmetrical 4 vs 1 horror game correct. Asymmetrical, uneven, odd, and unfair. Survivors use their perks and tools and critical thinking to think of the best way to win, right? Killers ALSO use perks, add-ons, and critical thinking to win. If a killer finds a TACTIC that works, like tunneling, that should be fine. From all that I've read, a bunch of you f*cking hate tunneling and get so mad when we use a tactic to our advantage. It's not cheating, breaking the game, it's just a TACTIC THAT WORKS.

    FACTS.

  • I don't like being tunnelled or camped as a survivor, but what annoys me even more is when I AM being tunnelled or camped, the rest of my team not making the most of the opportunity to work on objectives. Seems like the best way to put killers off from this behaviour is to punish them for it by taking advantage of the free time.

    Not played much killer but the only time I will tunnel someone is if they are toxic, sure I'll lose the game but it's satisfying to get them out of it asap.

  • My personal opinion is killers can tunnel and camp all they want. Make the game as unfun for everyone else as they so desire.


    Just don't throw a tantrum when survivors decide to play stealthy and/or genrush to avoid such things.


    I swear killers want survivors to throw themselves on hooks for the ez wins, but they'll somehow find a way to complain and call survivors entitled for that, too.

  • If there's a good tactic that completely ruins the fun for an individual player, the game is not designed very well, and with DBD, that's exactly the case. Of course tunneling is a tactic (aggressive use of DS and 4XBNP are tactics as well), but that doesn't mean those tactics are healthy.

  • @jester20k said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1969300#Comment_1969300

    I hope you aren't really this immature, this game has an MA rating so hopefully you're old enough to have empathy for others. Most people play this game to have fun and aren't interested in some sad killer player taking the game way too seriously and doing whatever it takes to win. It's pathetic, if that's what you have to do to win you're just not very good at this game, sorry.

    You use the word inmature and in the second sentence you talk about "sad killer player taking the game way too seriously"... xD Sry but I cant take you sirious. Well I guess you dont play killer so there is no point to discuss about that.

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    As I have said before I think tunneling is fine to a certain extent. It's a strategy. The reason why survivor hate it I think is because it's the intention behind the strategy. Sometimes killers can tunnel a person for very petty reasons just to be toxic. I have been tunneled because I was playing claudette. Sure tunneling is fine but if your doing it just to be toxic then that's not ok.

    Tunneling Claudettes is a viable counter to them turning into tall grass. Leave them alone one second and they're gone forever.

  • Well, I'm just doing what survivors want. After a match they tell me to "tunnel harder". So that's what I do.

    So far the survivors don't seem satisfied with my performance. As they keep telling me to tunnel even harder.

    Trying to satisfy the wishes of survivors is really hard. I wonder when it will be enough.


    Signed: Bubba

  • Most of the time when I get tunneled I get really annoyed, but then I generally understand why they're doing it, so it makes me less annoyed. It's really easy for you to lose a game if you're not a really knowledgeable or skilled killer if the survivors are even halfway competent, so I can't blame them for it.

    But if you go out of your way to do it even when you don't really have to, then you're still a bad player making excuse for your bad play. You're better off proxy camping and watching nearby gens and doing everything you can to force your first hooked survivor to shift health states so you can kill them off later when you really need pressure.

1 2 ›