Post Bugfix 4.5.2 Pips displayed incorrectly

pips.PNG

Im on on xbox and this is after the release of the 4.5.2 bugfix. This match completed at 17:27pm GMT today

As you can see after a game where i escape, my rank progress is displayed as +2, but from the emblems im only meant to get a +1

Comments

  • Did it actually give you the 2 pips on your Rank progress or was it just visual?

  • Im 98% it was just visual, my apologies if i worded incorrectly, ill play a few more and see.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @JimmyJones85 said:

    Im 98% it was just visual, my apologies if i worded incorrectly, ill play a few more and see.

    no need to apologise @JimmyJones85 I'm just trying to get as much information as possible.

  • Can confirm:

    20210223185633_1.jpg


    20210223185657_1.jpg

    I died in this match and got a golden Unbroken (just noticed that lol). I depipped from 7.3 to 7.2.

    It's too early for me to tell anything.

  • pip3.PNG

    So this game was directly after that last game i posted about and as you can see in the post game, im at rank 7 with 1 pip? Thats not right

    pips2.PNG


    Before awarding the "Pip" (incorrectly displayed as +2 again) it said i was Rank 7 with 1 pip but as you can see from the last Screenshot from the last game i was already rank 7 with 3 pips.

    This clip better shows you what im trying to say.

    https://clips.twitch.tv/RespectfulCrunchyCarrotItsBoshyTime-jSMFSeCM7dukUbJu

    Oh and after posting all this i just noticed this, im rank 6 now? i think the Post game pip display is a little borked. Im just posting as much as i can about the issue so as to help fix and under stand faster.

    huh.PNG


  • I am also experiencing troubles with the pipping system. I depiped from a Safety Pip and got a 0 pip from what was supposed to be a +1. This is post 4.5.2 Patch

    Screenshot (30).png Screenshot (23).png


  • pip3.PNG pips2.PNG huh.PNG

    So this was directly after the last match i posted about. Last game i was rank 7 with 3 pips, the game after i was at rank 7 with 1 pip? got awarded 1 pip (incorrectly displayed again as +2) it went to 2 pips and then after shuffling the menus it went back to 3 pips and when i went to the select screen im at rank 6.

    https://clips.twitch.tv/RespectfulCrunchyCarrotItsBoshyTime-jSMFSeCM7dukUbJu

    This clip helps with what im trying to say.

  • pip4.PNG pip5.PNG

    And another game i escape, Again it shows im rank 7 with 3 pips on the post game screen but when i get to the select screen again it shows my correct rank.

    I believe the post screen is kinda stuck in a loop where it keeps showing the same thing over and over for me, but when i get to the select screen it actually shows the correct rank. so the game is still correctly tracking proper rank it just dont display right in the post.

  • I went from a rank 7 to a rank 9 in one game the other day. This is crazy

  • @Mandy said:

    Did it actually give you the 2 pips on your Rank progress or was it just visual?

    This issue is definitely impacting rank and not just a visual issue. I have had it happen to me a few times also already. (PC - 4.5.2).

    Dead by Daylight Screenshot 2021.02.23 - 18.18.57.42.png


    Dead by Daylight Screenshot 2021.02.23 - 19.04.49.97.png
  • Be sure to check your rank after the post game screen (on the character screen) because it displays correct there, just not on the post game screen.

  • So when is this being acknowledged properly and fixed? This issue has been out since 4.5.0 and the only thing that's been mentioned is the so called visual bug with the unbroken emblem. Players have been complaining left right and center every single day since this became an issue and yet there's still no real acknowledgment on it. There is clearly a HUGE issue with the ranking system that is far more than just visual and this is a well known fact not just a rare bug that happens sometimes.

    This issue is post 4.5.2

    • If you get into a match and someone disconnects before the match starts -1
    • Getting to a safety pip results in - 1 pip
    • Sometimes when getting two pips you receive only one
    • Sometimes getting one pip results in two
    • Sometimes getting one pip results in safety pip
    • Unbroken emblem non existence when dying in matches
    • Unbroken emblem displays as gold when dying in matches
    • Ranks on the post screen scoreboard displayed incorrectly

    That's the list of the current effects of this bug. Hopefully that can help.

  • I'm also certain it's more that visual

    20210223163236_1.jpg

    I absolutely question both the Evader and Lightbringer emblems--I was unable to do any of the gens in that game, having been in chase or hiding for almost the entirety of it. Even running the killer for those generators doesn't make sense, because only two popped while I was running him, and I worked on no others. Also, somehow I have an iridescent Benevolent badge from one unhook and a half heal. Notice the fact that I "pipped" and yet only safety pipped.

    The very next game, (the picture for which has been eaten by the computer gods, sorry,) I pipped from doing next to nothing the entire game--I ran the killer poorly, I did no generators, I unhooked one person, and spent most of the match on hook myself--how could I pip?

  • Same as killer, the same 4 Gold (tho you made more, this one was 3K 10 Hooks 1 gen remaining) and the visual safety pip bug then before 4.5.1.

    Bug.JPG

    Edit : 1rst time I have this one on killer^^

    Bug2.JPG


  • @Mandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1967167#Comment_1967167

    no need to apologise @JimmyJones85 I'm just trying to get as much information as possible.

    It's not just visual. I got depiped on this match from 9.2 to 9.1. It says 0 (safe) however i got depiped -1. I died on this match and got a gold emblem. I suposed to got silver or lower.

    Erro.jpg


  • Just got on after update for first time.

    It appears someone D/Cd? So we got the error - and I also lost a pip 😭

    0DD5E827-482F-4E41-9653-81A3DDE80D13.jpeg D0B26A09-C576-44AE-88CC-1EDFDA4C7C40.jpeg CBBC9693-BBB6-4E46-88FE-D29FE63F20E0.jpeg 4DD1DA62-F545-4176-A6D4-E4A3F645011E.jpeg