Is there a reason why the Coldwind realm was left until last for the rework?

Consider it's hands down the worst of all realms?

Comments

  • Realms yet to be reworked:

    Coldwind

    Blackwater

    Haddonfield

    Red Forest

    Hawkins

    I'd say Haddonfield needs reworked more than any other.

  • @KingFrost said:

    Realms yet to be reworked:

    Coldwind

    Blackwater

    Haddonfield

    Red Forest

    Hawkins

    I'd say Haddonfield needs reworked more than any other.

    Hawkins ain't getting an update is it?

    and well tunnel me sideways, I forgot there was still 2 other realms. IIRC Haddonfield has been confirmed to be next so that one will be before coldwind.

    mother's dwelling could do with losing 50 miles or so of space while they're updating it

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1960329#Comment_1960329

    Hawkins ain't getting an update is it?

    and well tunnel me sideways, I forgot there was still 2 other realms. IIRC Haddonfield has been confirmed to be next so that one will be before coldwind.

    mother's dwelling could do with losing 50 miles or so of space while they're updating it

    Did they say it isn't? That's... disappointing. Only maps that won't have breakable walls then will be Hawkins and Lerys.

  • @KingFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1960333#Comment_1960333

    Did they say it isn't? That's... disappointing. Only maps that won't have breakable walls then will be Hawkins and Lerys.

    Honestly though breakable walls on indoor maps suck. Already proven by The Game.

  • Probably because if they alter the corn too much one way or the other it's gonna really screw the other side over, if I were a dev I would make the corn a little different on every coldwind map so that way in some cases it can favor one side or the other depending on the realm and how much safety is nearby, while giving the look that not every cornfield looks the exact same or is the exact same height in every version of coldwind

  • @KingFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1960333#Comment_1960333

    Did they say it isn't? That's... disappointing. Only maps that won't have breakable walls then will be Hawkins and Lerys.

    Nothing escapes the breakable walls.

  • Cornfield is my fav realm. I hope they don't spoil it Macmillan.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1960329#Comment_1960329

    Hawkins ain't getting an update is it?

    and well tunnel me sideways, I forgot there was still 2 other realms. IIRC Haddonfield has been confirmed to be next so that one will be before coldwind.

    mother's dwelling could do with losing 50 miles or so of space while they're updating it

    Next map reworks haven’t been confirmed at all as far as I know.


    also @topic I thought Ormond was the worst of them all and needed a rework the most and iirc it was very well received from all sides?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1960329#Comment_1960329

    Hawkins ain't getting an update is it?

    and well tunnel me sideways, I forgot there was still 2 other realms. IIRC Haddonfield has been confirmed to be next so that one will be before coldwind.

    mother's dwelling could do with losing 50 miles or so of space while they're updating it

    Going to be using that now “tunnel me sideways “good stuff

  • @KingFrost said:

    Realms yet to be reworked:

    Coldwind

    Blackwater

    Haddonfield

    Red Forest

    Hawkins

    I'd say Haddonfield needs reworked more than any other.

    Haddonfield looks disgusting lol

  • They're saving Coldwind because they plan to implement something amazing:

    Breakable Corn

    You're welcome.

  • First off I think OP meant of the original realms. As for my answer, I can only assume it's because of how hasty and in my opinion, lazy, the design of coldwind was. If you ever have a moment I highly suggest googling images of coldwind with the corn removed. It's absolutely ASTOUNDING how little there is. It really seems like the devs just got tired and decided to fill empty space. But I digress. With such a stale map with one gimmick, what can they really change? Outside of reworking the whole realm (Almost guaranteed to not happen) there's not much to do because there is not much THERE.

  • They're afraid the graphically updated corn will cause consoles to melt.

  • Corn map updates are my most awaited one. Those maps are heavily unbalanced and simply not enjoyable.

  • @TheWarNung said:

    They're saving Coldwind because they plan to implement something amazing:

    Breakable Corn

    You're welcome.

    Not gonna lie,it would be pretty fun to cut those cornfields down as bubba or billy lol

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Consider it's hands down the worst of all realms?

    Probably because it's too much work to rework. Rotten Fields, the only map people really have a problem with, has pretty much nothing in it so that's a lot of work to rework.

  • They're easing us into how awful it'll be.

    Think about it, the first reworked maps were okay, but played worse than before. The next ones were same as the last, and the most recent ones were straight up awful.


    Hope everyone is ready for all the corn to replaced with breakable walls! Let's also be ready for breakable fences in Haddonfield!