Non-camping twins strategy

What are some non camping strategies for the twins. I can only find twin explanation videos from when they 1st came out, so the gameplay isn't that great. PLEASE do NOT say "the only good strat is camping" that isn't what this thread is about and I'm tired of only seeing that response.

Comments

  • There really aren't any. At least not ones that actually work . You COULD use victor to scope out survivors, hide him once you do, then lumber over there with char. That's different I guess. Really inefficient and counter productive, but different

  • Bold of you to actually want to play them in the first place.

  • I don't mean to rain on your parade, but the twins are literally designed to be good at camping and tunneling. There really is no other strategy that works.

  • I always use Victor as soon as the game starts and find a survivor. When I land Victor on him I get an idea of where the other survivors are. Once the game begins, I use Victor a lot to injure and down survivors. You decide what's best.

    If you injure a survivor with Victor and you know he's far away, just go bother other survivors with Charlotte.

  • It's not about camping with The Twins, it's about slugging. Try to capitalize on multiple injured survivors with Victor, rather than hard focusing one survivor.

  • Play them like a Demogorgon and Legion hybrid I guess. Hook a survivor with BBQ or without it, walk away from the hook until you can switch to Victor, find someone with Victor or use the BBQ aura for reference, pounce on them and then you'll be back as Charlotte. If a survivor got unhooked after you went back to Charlotte go for the unhooker.

    That's honestly the best I could think of, but as others have said the camp and tunnel strat is best for Twins. If people call you out for that then just don't say anything, it's the best way to play Twins at the moment and probably the only proper way atm.

  • I’ve found the most successful way to play the Twins is to use Sloppy Butcher and try to keep as many people injured as possible and then go on a slugging spree as Victor using his built-in Bloodhound mechanic. Although, this makes for an extremely boring game if you’re on the survivor side lol.

    I feel like the only way to be strong as them, is to play like a total pain in the ass, which is a shame. As visually, I do love them so much.

  • Camping is literally what they are designed to do so you're not going going get many (if any) suggestions. I'm still baffled why devs decided to create a killer that ENCOURAGES scummy play.

  • The problem is that the more optimally the twins play the more it seems to encourage camping. It's a strange spectrum between slugging and camping that goes full circle into each other. In the middle is playing awfully.

  • My favourite twins build is Devour Hope with Vic as totem defense. With a couple of addons he easily becomes the strongest totem defense in the game! Once you get those five hooks you're set! Just make sure to switch back to Vic before he dies so you don't have to reset him at the totem!